343i Really Did Listen to Feedback

After the release of Halo 4 and the Master Chief Collection, many Halo players initially doubted that 343i would listen to their Halo 5 feedback. However, having watched released gameplay via Conan’s Clueless Gamer, IGN, and Halo 5’s E3 Demo, I think it is safe to say that 343i really did listen. Personally, I found that a lot of my feedback was actually implemented into the game.

For example, I suggested that bloom be retained in Smart Scope to balance automatic weapons and, while watching some Warzone gameplay, I found that it had been implemented.

The removal of the R and B behind each team during the start and end animation, as seen during Conan’s Clueless Gamer, was another piece of my feedback.

Did you find any of your feedback implemented into the game? Do you think 343i did a good job of listening to community feedback? Discuss below.

343 isn’t messing around anymore they are in it for the kill this time

Still that demo was Meh but what ever

Victory poses were badass and not bro-fisting, I’ve heard that the AR got a slight nerf (still effective, but feels good now), ground pound got moved to a different button and has a slightly smaller kill-area, flag juggling is BACK, no automatic flag pickups, faster scope animations, sniper scope looks great and is way faster to pull up, etc

That Beta was extremely helpful, thank god they decided to do one

> 2533274881042784;2:
> 343 isn’t messing around anymore they are in it for the kill this time
>
> Still that demo was Meh but what ever

Yea I wasn’t wowed at the first E3 demo. It just felt rushed b/c Xbox had so many other games to show. Looking back at the videos later, my opinion changed about the content they showed. The single player mission looked beautiful when I upped the resolution to 1080p in Youtube.

I think what would have really helped the Warzone unveiling would have been showing the ViDoc IN the E3 presentation itself. A lot of people were just confused until we got to see more of it later

> 2533274807858554;4:
> > 2533274881042784;2:
> > 343 isn’t messing around anymore they are in it for the kill this time
> >
> > Still that demo was Meh but what ever
>
>
> Yea I wasn’t wowed at the first E3 demo. It just felt rushed b/c Xbox had so many other games to show. Looking back at the videos later, my opinion changed about the content they showed. The single player mission looked beautiful when I upped the resolution to 1080p in Youtube.
>
> I think what would have really helped the Warzone unveiling would have been showing the ViDoc IN the E3 presentation itself. A lot of people were just confused until we got to see more of it later

Yeah… can’t believe Indie games ruined Halo LoL

But seriously they could have put the WarZone Vidoc Instead and make the Demo about the Blue Team but nooope. Gotta have time for them Indies

Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.

Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.

> 2533274802801111;6:
> Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
>
> Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.

Full game isn’t out. You have no clue what’s in or out. And if they’re not, oh well it’s just a character model.

> 2533274889350043;7:
> > 2533274802801111;6:
> > Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
> >
> > Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.
>
>
> Full game isn’t out. You have no clue what’s in or out. And if they’re not, oh well it’s just a character model.

The lack of that character model is why I hardly played H4 more than a month and went back to reach.

And the lack of that character model will determine the lack of money 343 will get from me.

The only thing that disappointed me in this whole thing is that the end game sequences suck now. They were better in the beta.

Otherwise everything is so freaking badass and awesome!

> 2533274889350043;7:
> > 2533274802801111;6:
> > Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
> >
> > Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.
>
>
> Full game isn’t out. You have no clue what’s in or out. And if they’re not, oh well it’s just a character model.

Elites would make Warzone confusing seeing as you wouldn’t be able to tell whether an Elite was a player or AI.

> 2533274922858087;10:
> > 2533274889350043;7:
> > > 2533274802801111;6:
> > > Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
> > >
> > > Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.
> >
> >
> > Full game isn’t out. You have no clue what’s in or out. And if they’re not, oh well it’s just a character model.
>
>
> Elites would make Warzone confusing seeing as you wouldn’t be able to tell whether an Elite was a player or AI.

Give player elites regular armor instead of storm armor. Problem solved.

Am I missing something? What do Elites bring to the table? They play exactly the same as spartans. You can’t even see yourself outside of first person so the self satisfaction of seeing yourself as an elite is out the window.

Maybe there is something more to being an elite that I’m not following.

> 2533274865605295;12:
> Am I missing something? What do Elites bring to the table? They play exactly the same as spartans. You can’t even see yourself outside of first person so the self satisfaction of seeing yourself as an elite is out the window.
>
> Maybe there is something more to being an elite that I’m not following.

Why does customizable armor matter at all? Why does anything regarding how your avatar looks even matter? It’s all about immersion. making you feel like you’re putting a piece of yourself into the game.

Ive been an elite for 11 years. They are one of my favorite fictional species. I love their lore and culture. After all of this investment, I have zero desire to pls as a Spartan, much less an IV.

You think of it as an optional skin instead of a Spartan, I think of it as a requirement for me to feel compelled to play at all.

> 2533274802801111;13:
> > 2533274865605295;12:
> > Am I missing something? What do Elites bring to the table? They play exactly the same as spartans. You can’t even see yourself outside of first person so the self satisfaction of seeing yourself as an elite is out the window.
> >
> > Maybe there is something more to being an elite that I’m not following.
>
>
> Why does customizable armor matter at all? Why does anything regarding how your avatar looks even matter? It’s all about immersion. making you feel like you’re putting a piece of yourself into the game.
>
> Ive been an elite for 11 years. They are one of my favorite fictional species. I love their lore and culture. After all of this investment, I have zero desire to pls as a Spartan, much less an IV.
>
> You think of it as an optional skin instead of a Spartan, I think of it as a requirement for me to feel compelled to play at all.

Well said brother.

> 2533274802801111;6:
> Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
>
> Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.

Yes. It took a relatively small amount of people three years of repeatedly posting to get a thread up to 10,000 posts.

> 2533274802801111;8:
> > 2533274889350043;7:
> > > 2533274802801111;6:
> > > Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
> > >
> > > Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.
> >
> >
> > Full game isn’t out. You have no clue what’s in or out. And if they’re not, oh well it’s just a character model.
>
>
> The lack of that character model is why I hardly played H4 more than a month and went back to reach.
>
> And the lack of that character model will determine the lack of money 343 will get from me.

I too, would like playable elites. But if not having them in the game means you will not be buying the game, then so be it. I applaude you voting with your wallet. However, you are not what I and many others here consider to be a Halo fan if you can let this one thing make you walk away from the game.

> 2533274802801111;13:
> > 2533274865605295;12:
> > Am I missing something? What do Elites bring to the table? They play exactly the same as spartans. You can’t even see yourself outside of first person so the self satisfaction of seeing yourself as an elite is out the window.
> >
> > Maybe there is something more to being an elite that I’m not following.
>
>
> Why does customizable armor matter at all? Why does anything regarding how your avatar looks even matter? It’s all about immersion. making you feel like you’re putting a piece of yourself into the game.
> …
> You think of it as an optional skin instead of a Spartan, I think of it as a requirement for me to feel compelled to play at all.

Haven’t seen anybody jumping ship because their favorite armor permutation isn’t in game. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I wouldn’t consider them Halo fans either.

> 2533274825044752;15:
> > 2533274802801111;6:
> > Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
> >
> > Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.
>
>
> Yes. It took a relatively small amount of people three years of repeatedly posting to get a thread up to 10,000 posts.
>
>
> > 2533274802801111;8:
> > > 2533274889350043;7:
> > > > 2533274802801111;6:
> > > > Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.
> > >
> > >
> > > Full game isn’t out. You have no clue what’s in or out. And if they’re not, oh well it’s just a character model.
> >
> >
> > The lack of that character model is why I hardly played H4 more than a month and went back to reach.
> >
> > And the lack of that character model will determine the lack of money 343 will get from me.
>
>
> I too, would like playable elites. But if not having them in the game means you will not be buying the game, then so be it. I applaude you voting with your wallet. However, you are not what I and many others here consider to be a Halo fan if you can let this one thing make you walk away from the game.
>
>
> > 2533274802801111;13:
> > > 2533274865605295;12:
> > > Am I missing something? What do Elites bring to the table? They play exactly the same as spartans. You can’t even see yourself outside of first person so the self satisfaction of seeing yourself as an elite is out the window.
> > >
> > > Maybe there is something more to being an elite that I’m not following.
> >
> >
> > Why does customizable armor matter at all? Why does anything regarding how your avatar looks even matter? It’s all about immersion. making you feel like you’re putting a piece of yourself into the game.
> > …
> > You think of it as an optional skin instead of a Spartan, I think of it as a requirement for me to feel compelled to play at all.
>
>
> Haven’t seen anybody jumping ship because their favorite armor permutation isn’t in game. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I wouldn’t consider them Halo fans either.

Agreed. I’ve never played as an Elite. The only time they really made sense was in Reach.

> 2533274791978557;16:
> > 2533274825044752;15:
> > > 2533274802801111;6:
> > >
>
>
> Agreed. I’ve never played as an Elite. The only time they really made sense was in Reach.

I liked the Elites best in Reach when they weren’t just re-skinned spartans. That being said, I totally get why people would be upset if they didn’t return. However, when people make the claim that they won’t play because the game doesn’t have a skin they like I just don’t believe them. I think they have every intention of playing they just come to the forums and talk big.
I mean, who leaves a game over skins?

Yes they did a great job for Halo 5

> 2533274825044752;17:
> > 2533274791978557;16:
> > > 2533274825044752;15:
> > > > 2533274802801111;6:
> > > >
> >
> >
> > Agreed. I’ve never played as an Elite. The only time they really made sense was in Reach.
>
>
> I liked the Elites best in Reach when they weren’t just re-skinned spartans. That being said, I totally get why people would be upset if they didn’t return. However, when people make the claim that they won’t play because the game doesn’t have a skin they like I just don’t believe them. I think they have every intention of playing they just come to the forums and talk big.
> I mean, who leaves a game over skins?

Not that but Bungie had Sanghelli in Halo 2, 3 and Reach. 343 takes over and completely removes Elites from MP in Halo except for MCC. It gave life to Machinima and it gave players options for if they wanted to play as an Elite or Spartan. Since Halo 2, theres been a strong Elite community and its grown more since Reach. I’ve been an Elite since Halo 2 only changing to a Spartan a couple times.

> 2533274802801111;8:
> > 2533274889350043;7:
> > > 2533274802801111;6:
> > > Yes they truly are great at listening to feedback. Just take a look at that still active three year old thread with over 10,000 posts full of people that want elites to be playable again. I’m so glad they listen to their fans.
> > >
> > > Yes, I’m feeling spiteful.
> >
> >
> > Full game isn’t out. You have no clue what’s in or out. And if they’re not, oh well it’s just a character model.
>
>
> The lack of that character model is why I hardly played H4 more than a month and went back to reach.
>
> And the lack of that character model will determine the lack of money 343 will get from me.

I can’t believe that because elites aren’t playable that you won’t get the game