343i, Please Release Info on Next TU

As many of you know, the last “Title Update” wasn’t much of an update. In fact, it wasn’t much more than a hotfix. Whether your opinions on Halo’s multiplayer state differ from my own is not the concern of this post, the fact of the matter is this Halo isn’t what it used to be and I think mostly all of us can at least agree on that. I’m not saying change is a bad thing, but when the outcome of change results in something bad than the specific changes were, in fact, a bad thing. Even Halo: Reach, a game many disliked, had a larger population than Halo 4, which is sad because Halo 4 is such a terrific game that if polished right could be better than all its predecessors. I know 343i has more ideas and updates they are going to do, but leaving us in the dark isn’t the way to key the playerbase happy.

I run my own flourishing company and although it isn’t in the gaming world, nor does it deal with situations like this I believe that values and accountability run through regardless of content and I believe it would be a mistake to leave my clients in the dark. I know that they can’t communicate officially things that aren’t set in stone, and maybe they do voice what they plan on doing it and I’m just missing it entirely, but from my perspective it just seems as if they aren’t doing a good enough job working with the customers/community.

I, for one, no longer play Halo, which is upsetting considering I’ve owned every piece of Halo fiction, participated in all ARG’s, and have many novelty items. I was also a semi-professional player on the MLG Pro Circuit for Halo 2 and 3. What I am saying is besides being a loyal multiplayer fan I have been an overall Halo fanatic since Halo: CE. I have a lot of emotional value invested in not only the story, which I think 343i hit out of the park with Halo 4(I loved campaign), but the multiplayer which they have dropped the ball on. To be honest, and this opinion is shared by a large playerbase, I will not be buying another 343i made Halo game unless this one has at least been upped.

I’m not saying to change it and make me 100% happy, I’m just saying to fix what a lot of people are bothered with and work on a compromise. Even work on putting CSR into the game, and if not directly into the game, make Waypoint easily accessed through Halo 4 to allow for us to easily see ranking from in the game through a short series of button presses.

All I know is this, Halo is/has died. This isn’t an original opinion nor is this an original thread, however voicing my opinion is something that needs to be done no matter how redundant.

tl;dr
For all of you who may not think Halo is dead let me leave you with this:
http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
Please give us information on your future ideas for patches, 343i.

Boltshot: Reinstating range pre-patch.

Camo: Making duration 2x as long, removing blue dots completely.

DMR: Fires sniper rounds now instead.

> Boltshot: Reinstating range pre-patch.
>
> Camo: Making duration 2x as long, removing blue dots completely.
>
> DMR: Fires sniper rounds now instead.

Don’t be silly.

dude give some suggestions there listening and david ellis commented on it being a balanacing patch what we relaly wanted basically already in the stream apperently. Its like theres millions of people -Yoinking!- but no one trying to fix what we have now yes i want classic halo but its going to eveolve eventially and adding more vehicles and weapons isnt evolveing ( see COD) I belive Halo 4s a good game and yes it has problems as people constantly point out on a hourly basis but none of them even in the slightest try to offer up a viable solution to fixing ordinance to fixing AA’s to makeing the DMR and loadouts more fair to bring th eclassic Halo feel back in Halo 4. Not by striping it of why its halo 4 but tranforming it into what Halo 4 should be Multiplayer wise at the least. Ive given suggestions that werent even paid attention too because people would reather whine then even attempt to help.

Also Halo isnt dead it can never die. Its just missing in action.

Would you like to test out my idea for bringing Halo 4 back to classic Halo while keeping what made Halo 4 Halo 4 ? Its a work in progress but i need some input from people whove quit and people who enjoy the game currently. You interested message me on live my GT is my name.

I hope they…

• Add back all the custom game options from every previous Halo

• Add New options on top of bringing back the old ones

• Make CSR Visible (In game) in at least one playlist. Like a Classic playlist, or MLG

• Nerf the DMR

• Make The Active Camo a Pick up

• Increase Strafing mechanics

• Fix as many bugs/glitches as possible, in Campaign, Spartan Ops, Theater, Forge, Customs, and Matchmaking

• Improve the Spawning system, and Respawn Mechanics

• Improve the Servers/Netcode (to fix or at least reduce lag)

• Add more ranks. Like up to SR 355 or something…

• Add Theater mode support for Campaign and Spartan Ops

• Add Elite Model for Customs games (This one not a high priority)

And all this is what I would want in just the third title update. I would hope they continue to make even more updates after this one.

> Boltshot: Reinstating range pre-patch.
>
> Camo: Making duration 2x as long, removing blue dots completely.
>
> DMR: Fires sniper rounds now instead.

Don’t forget they’re going to make the Warthog and Banshee slightly weaker - their armor is too strong at the moment.

In all seriousness though my wishlist for this TU would be.

Remove flinch, add getting un-scoped, maybe except for the LR.

Make the BR a 4sk, CC a 7sk.

Vehicle health like Halo 3.

Remove ordnance or seriously tweak it.

Grenades slightly more powerful or bigger radius.

Strafe speed increased.

Decrease global bullet magnetism for all weapons.

Visible in-game CSR.

Great read, like yourself it sickens me how far halo has strayed from it’s core gameplay mechanics. It has soo much potential to be a great title, because it does have a lot of positives going for it (campaign = amazing, and spartan ops isn’t bad either). With a few minor tweaks to the multiplayer it could be a cracking title. I would prioritize these changes first;

• Rifle balance: Halo has never had multiple utility rifles before, which has essentially split the community. We need to balance the rifles immediately so they are all effective in their niche; 4sk BR, reduced red-reticule aim assist on DMR, 7sk carbine, and maybe 4sk light rifle unscoped. This would allow everyone to use their favourite rifle without feeling like they are at a disadvantage- because currently it’s dmr >

• In game ranks and no quit to lobby after map has been chosen: This seems like an absolute no brainer but what incentive is there to continue to play the game or not frequently quit from matches unless there is a ranking system? Such a pain especially in playlists like Team Throwdown where often if people begin to lose they will quit without penalty and leave the rest of their team to be slaughtered, or more annoying is the people who quit to lobby after they don’t get their choice of map. I feel like in game CSR would greatly alleviate this and the quitting problem as their is currently no incentive not to quit if you don’t get your own way.

• Bring back custom game options:
    Halo has always had an amazing array of options in this regard, the reason why 343 chose to severely limit these is beyond me. No toggle for sprint? only one option for zombies so people are stuck playing a single gametype?

• Sprint, no-descope and flinch:
    These are all features which seriously pollute the core gameplay mechanics. Sprint has no place in a medium paced arena shooter. It is a recipe for disaster, as when coupled with the longest kill times of any Halo game, players can simply sprint away whenever they are hurt and it essentially slows the game down as you are not punished for making silly decisions or being out br’d / dmr’d as you always have a means of escape. The other features such as descope allowed players to counter challenge if you didn’t get the first shot and win the battle if you were skilled enough, whereas flinch is a poor substitute for this and is more random and annoying than anything, let alone being a straight COD rip off.

Why does everyone wants csr back in the Game? For the reason that you can say: “Ohh I’m better than you, Nooooob :b”

Please guys thats poor facepalm It’s clear that some Guys aren’t that Good like you but CSR is reaaaly unnecesarry…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why the fck everyone wants this csr sht back in the Game? For the reason that you can say: “Ohh I’m better than you, Nooooob :b”

Please guys thats poor facepalm It’s clear that some Guys aren’t that Good like you but CSR is reaaaly unnecesarry…

> Why the -Yoink- everyone wants this csr -Yoink- back in the Game? For the reason that you can say: “Ohh I’m better than you, Nooooob :b”
>
> Please guys thats poor facepalm It’s clear that some Guys aren’t that Good like you but CSR is reaaaly unnecesarry…

This is why we can’t have nice things.

> Why the -Yoink- everyone wants this csr -Yoink- back in the Game? For the reason that you can say: “Ohh I’m better than you, Nooooob :b”
>
> Please guys thats poor facepalm It’s clear that some Guys aren’t that Good like you but CSR is reaaaly unnecesarry…

It provides a clearer way of matching opponents of a similar skill to each other. No one likes getting their faces ripped off by players / teams of superior ability. Just as likewise it is NO-WHERE near as fun destroying casuals 50-4, with half of the other team leaving mid-match because they don’t stand a chance. People want to play and test themselves against people of similar skill.

It stops in-game quitting, as there is a harsh penalty to your rank for leaving games. This is crucial in playlists like Team throwdown, where there is currently no incentive to stay and finish games if you are losing or didn’t get the map you wanted.

Finally, it gives long-term incentive to continue to play the game and better yourself as a player. A LOT of people have hit SR130 already, what next? There is no progression currently.

> It provides a clearer way of matching opponents of a similar skill to each other. No one likes getting their faces ripped off by players / teams of superior ability. Just as likewise it is NO-WHERE near as fun destroying casuals 50-4, with half of the other team leaving mid-match because they don’t stand a chance. People want to play and test themselves against people of similar skill.
>
> It stops in-game quitting, as there is a harsh penalty to your rank for leaving games. This is crucial in playlists like Team throwdown, where there is currently no incentive to stay and finish games if you are losing or didn’t get the map you wanted.
>
> Finally, it gives long-term incentive to continue to play the game and better yourself as a player. A LOT of people have hit SR130 already, what next? There is no progression currently.

I agree quite a lot with Tempest.

> dude give some suggestions there listening and david ellis commented on it being a balanacing patch what we relaly wanted basically already in the stream apperently. Its like theres millions of people -Yoinking!- but no one trying to fix what we have now yes i want classic halo but its going to eveolve eventially and adding more vehicles and weapons isnt evolveing ( see COD) I belive Halo 4s a good game and yes it has problems as people constantly point out on a hourly basis but none of them even in the slightest try to offer up a viable solution to fixing ordinance to fixing AA’s to makeing the DMR and loadouts more fair to bring th eclassic Halo feel back in Halo 4. Not by striping it of why its halo 4 but tranforming it into what Halo 4 should be Multiplayer wise at the least. Ive given suggestions that werent even paid attention too because people would reather whine then even attempt to help.

I actually believe there are quite a few threads that, on average, have the same view and point out changes specifically to be made to the game to improve.

Hell, they could do open beta testing for new patches like some companies will do. Simply open a new playlist that you can only play if you have a patched game, in which you register and opt into to receive the download. Maybe they could open up a private server that holds a maximum of 5000 players and those players are, obviously chosen, to communicate their opinions on changes being actively made on the daily. I volunteer for a private company, which I cannot disclose, that does beta testing and I believe there are plenty of people outside of their studio with valid opinions they could offer for the success and improvement of Halo.

This thread would look great with a 343i brand stamped across it.

> This thread would look great with a 343i brand stamped across it.

^

I really don’t like it when people say that VIGR is just for people who want an ‘ego boost’ or to show off and diss other players.

I played my very first halo game near the end of march 2011 (halo 3), became instantly addicted, and in the year and a half that followed until halo 4, I managed to get a 40 in lone wolves. 40 is really nothing to brag about at all, but you know what? I was damn pround when I hit that 40. The feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment that came with ranking up in H3 was amazing. And when I looked at my H3 profile, I was pretty happy with my ‘force colonel’.

My point is there are people like me who just want to ‘create’ this thing (by that I mean your profile with your XP, highest skill, games played…) and keep getting better, and want to renew with this feeling of ranking up. No matter what highest skill you want to aim for. I thought “if I can get a 40 before Halo 4, i’ll be happy.” And I made it, even if it’s not a big accomplishment.

A minority of 50’s who are good at the game but suck at real life will thrash talk you and laugh at your “whatever number” you have, and other morons will buy 50’s to look tough, but I believe that the majority of gamers are honest and good sports.

We don’t do it to show off, or brag, but for ourselves. Because we love the game enough that we just WANT to get better at it, and spend the time to keep surpassing ourselves, let alone measuring ourselves with other gamers like us.

That being said, the first thing to do before thinking of VIGR is to get rid of some of the chaos that’s going on in those H4 multiplayer games.

>

The number of people who want ranks to justify trash-talking are a vocal minority. It seems that most supporters of visible in-game ranks (VIGRs) want them as an incentive: if they don’t feel that something more significant than the outcome of the current match is at stake, then they don’t have an incentive to win or even to play. Adding a VIGR system is a simple way to appeal to these players.

You can use the Mute feature to deal with those who do want ranks for stat-flaming. In Halo 3 and Reach, it took less than two seconds, and in Halo 4, it takes less than fifteen. (You sort of have to claw the controller to use the scoreboard in-game. They really should fix that.)

VIGR keeps the more extrinsically-motivated people playing, and the social consequences it introduces are negligible.

> Why the -Yoink!- everyone wants this csr Yoink! back in the Game? For the reason that you can say: “Ohh I’m better than you, Nooooob :b”

People like Tempest, Shadow, and David(All in this thread) seem to very much so understand what I am addressing, and to actually respond in the way you guys did is really appreciated. I really suggest you give what they had to say a read, Starkiller.

A large reason that ranking systems for anything, whether it be a video game or some other sort of medium, are so effective is they give someone incentive. For some it is incentive to be better than last time, for others it is incentive to not ditch your friends midmatch because you’re bored, maybe the incentive is to just have a reason to play another match to rank up.

With rank more people will want to lose less. Being competitive is fun. No matter what your skill level is you can’t tell me that winning isn’t fun. No matter how casual you are everyone loves to win a game. Again, with rank more people will want to lose less. More people will plug there mics in to communicate with each other, less people will leave, more people will work together instead of betraying you for a vehicle or weapon, and enthusiasm after a game will be higher regardless of winning or losing because you have now developed passion for something new and that is a wonderful thing.

Regardless of how you feel, rank is a reward as opposed to a progression system that rewards you without putting in real effort. I’d like to use a quote from a favourite comedian of mine: “[You’re] Giving every child a medal if it runs a race. There are two lots of people in this world, winners and losers. You might not be a winner at everything, and you might not be a loser at everything, but you won’t find out what you’re good at if they tell you that you’re good at everything.” Improving yourself is something that I believe almost everyone can appreciate, and you’ll never find out you’ve improved concretely unless rank is there.

Self improvement is a beautiful thing. Rank isn’t about saying you are better than someone else. Rank is about saying that you are better than you were yesterday.