@343i PLEASE READ!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!11!!!!1

Ima try to keep this simple and easy, but I hope you guys take some notes right now for Halo 6, Halo 5 was a great game. I really liked it and i’m still playing it a ton, BUT there’s a TON of issues with this game!! and since you guys don’t have a direct line for us fans to contact you I gotta make a post like this. i’m trying to give you guys some general feedback based off of the community’s desires for Halo 6.

EVERYTHING WRONG WITH HALO 5 (Based off of my opinion, my cousins, and the many many community members I have chatted with/interacted with online mostly via YouTube @HaloFollower, @ReadyUpLive, etc.)

• False Advertisement - You folks at 343i are beginning to look like a shady company. read next 2 bullets - Straight up LIES in marketing (6 warzone maps when really there is THREE. [do not even try to make the argument with us when you say technically there’s 6 because we changed the color of the sky and so its TECHnically another map -yeah my -Yoink- too], How bout a Campaign double the size of Halo 4??? HAH, try 4 and a half hours??? Why on earth would you guys say that it was 8-12 hours long??? Even when you released that I was a bit disappointed!!! - Ads not related to the game WHATSOEVER, Remember the 'Cheif is dead he has died! omg what the hell, How was that related to the game by any means at all?? It wasn’t! That whole ‘Hunt the Truth’ thing was not the feeling we got when we played campaign… So 343 you guys gave us 4 and a half hours of gameplay and at least you blow us away with an AMAZING story right??? … No:) Its a cliffhanger! The campaign did not feel accomplishing at all! You finish the game thinking your only half way done, Chief and Locke never really vs each other, you watch them have a fist fight on the middle and thats pretty much it… - Chief in 3/15, 1 in 5 missions - instant turn off to anyone waiting to read some reviews before buying the game. Pathetic, I mean, What the HELL were you guys thinking??? Were you trying to get new fans into this new character Locke and ditch Chief as the main character?? The story payed a price you know. Now I know why you guys never answered the question regarding playtime with Locke compared to playtime w/ Chief. - Poor Character Development/WEAK characters - With Chief only playable in 3, THREE campaign missions, the standard player doesnt get much out of the rest of blue team. Blue team is just 3 guns standing behind chiefs back, and its disappointing. 343 you guys need to watch some of these Game reviews online and really start listening to this community already!!! - NO SPLITSCREEN Nobody in this community ever demanded Halo have 60 fps, 1080p, Nobody in the community was ever begging you guys to have that in Halo 5, were they?? 60fps and 1080p is awesome, but clearly as shown not replaceable over split screen. I really hope you guys have seen the communities reactions (this being your most controversial change to the game) Frank O Connor, don’t be afraid to admit you guys screwed up by taking it out. Don’t be afraid to say we will make sure it’s in Halo 6. I’m not going to go into why Halo needs split screen, but talk about how to kill a franchise, Take out everything that makes it good and put your own innovations in. I hope you guys realize that that decision affected sales and Halo’s reputation. If I want to play Halo 5 with my buddy at his house who doesn’t have an XB1, he’s gotta pay $350 on the console, buy another $60 game and another TV if he doesn’t got 2 in the same room- Its a mess. Some people say it was Microsofts call and they told you guys you cant have it. If that’s the case, then i’m sorry for blaming you. But otherwise, just make sure you have it in Halo 6. - Recycling Bosses - Not much to say here, I mean: You guys could have AT LEAST re-skinned some of these Warden Eternals and give them a few different moves and it would have worked! But instead we are fighting 6, 7 Wardens!!! GAHH I love bosses! - But you cant use the same boss that many times in the campaign! You guys had to have known that was going to be a bit controversial to say the least! At the end of Halo 2 fighting the Brute Boss guy was awesome and the Ending, (COUGH) was pretty Solid!!! (unlike Halo 5 :???) If you thought Destiny was cheap for recycling their bosses to add campaign length, wait til you play Halo 5! - Shortest campaign in the series? That’s a big chunk of Halo 5’s Reputation right now. It’s a joke, next gen console and all- somehow the game is at like 80 gigs with DLC, and yet this campaign was marketed to be 2x the length of Halo 4. Yet to many its the shortest, wimpiest, disappointment on the game. Yeah, other Halo’s had around 7-8 missions and Halo 5 has 15, but you guys made all 15 of those missions shorter so it leveled out! Not even to mension those wimpy 3 missions where you do nothing but talk to people and are beatable in just over a minute and 15 seconds… (dont even wanna talk about that) It’s just kinda hard to believe you guys had this game in development for 3 years. - REQ system - it’s a pretty cool idea and innovation for warzone, I give you guys credit, but as always it’s got its flaws. And the more you study it, the more holes you see in it. Not interested in going over every flaw, but I can cover a few: If I want a certain helmet, there’s no way I can use my credits to go i and pick out that one helmet. I have to open pack after pack, go through game after game just to get this one helmet. Its based on luck, which makes it frustrating as hell to many players when your determined to get this one helmet out of the 150 there are or something. In Halo 6, I hope you guys truly go back to the roots. I hope you say, you 'know what, we need to bring back the Halo 3 or Halo Reach’s CsR system where players can use their points to individually buy things that suit their play style. I want this helmet, ok I have to play a few games to get this many credits so I can purchase it. Instead of, ‘omg I want this helmet but I gotta keep opening packs until im lucky enough to get it’ The Req system does give me a slight ‘pay to win’ feeling through the micro transactions (see more on this below) Altogether, the system is innovative and new, and too many degrees really cool but it falls short and in result the community is split on whether they like it or they hate it.CONTINUE READING PART TWO BELOW IN THE COMMENTS SECTION
  • Less Spartan customization - In Halo 4, it was disappointing to see you guys scaled back from Halo reach, In Halo 5, it’s worse. Now we get to customize visors, helmets, and ‘armor’ (your chest piece) If you guys at 343 haven’t picked up the memo yet, people in this community love their armor customization. It’s a next gen console, why can’t we customize like we could in Halo Reach?? People loved the customization in Halo Reach. Scaling back on customization isn’t getting you guys any brownie points. You are taking away from the multiplayer experience. What ever happened to left and right shoulder? Your arm pieces? Legs, Knees, Why are you guys taking it back on customization?? Even the emblems! The emblem selection: Solid, it’s great. But then the color selection isn’t what we wanted. Again, please take it back to Halo Reach. We want to be able to customize primary and secondary colors on our emblems, not a template with 3 un-matching colors on it, For Halo 6 Spartan customization, Please use Halo Reach as a model

• 4 Arena Playlists at launch WEEEAAK, What were you guys thinking??? GAhhh not even talking about the absence of the social playlists but whyy did we get only SWAT, Slayer, FFA, and Arena Slayer?? It wasn’t gonna hurt if you gave us an oddball playlist, it wasn’t going to hurt if you gave us a CTF playlist, or even a doubles playlist. It’s as if you guys restricted us a little too much. 4 playlists, … FOUR PLAYLISTS? We know you guys said BTB is coming in a few weeks, we know you said you were gonna have a weekend social playlist, (which by the way was not in the first weekend of launch) It just wasn’t enough. It’s still not enough with BTB and our weekend social playlists. People are already bored with the game,because Warzone and Slayer do get boring after a while, and only a certain percentage of the community even likes SWAT now adays. (See next bullet for more)

• No Social Playlists - None. Aye Josh Holmes why don’t we got any social playlists?? Did you guys at 343i ever imagine that maybe just maybe some people wouldn’t be too happy to select Arena and see 4 playlists? How could you abandon Infection? How could you abandon Greifball? There was so much opportunity in which some old fan favorite playlists could return in Halo 5. Team Snipers, Multi Team, King of the Hill? The ranking system in this game is intense, Arena Slayer is more competitive than ever, (which is great), BUT; it’s as if you guys took the fans desire to have more competitive matchmaking too seriously. Who’s idea was it at 343 to Have no social playlists?? Any big Halo youtuber will tell you that Halo 5 needs it, critical gaming reviews point out that there are no social playlists and it’s a flaw. 343, you guys need to hurry up and get some popular weekend social playlists in for good. Even competitive players need some gamemodes to fall back on when they need a break from Arena, and for everyday there is social playlists not being added, you guys are losing the casual player’s interest.

• Not enough maps - Not even close; You guys made 8 Arena maps and about 3 forge maps. AAA games these days are expected to have way more. How could you guys think that there was enough maps to ship the game?? Again, watch any review of the game and most will tell you there are not enough maps. Rookie mistake 343, no excuses. Didn’t you guys say there would be 21 maps or something at launch?? To make matters worse, there was only about 4 maps that were being used for slayer at launch, What the hell??? It’s like building yourself a house and then only living in one room for the rest of your life. They aren’t using what they created to its full purpose. Instead of only having 4 maps for slayer, use all 10 of them! Even in Warzone!! 343 you guys said there would be 6 warzone maps, there’s only 3!! The 3 maps are cool and all but they get repetitive. You cannot just change the sky and lighting on a map and call it a whole new map! That’s the cheapest thing I have ever heard! Sorry for going off topic into Warzone, but really guys, you give Slayer playlist 4 maps. Pathetic

• No Forge at Launch - I cannot wait for December and i’m pretty sure this will be the greatest Forge yet, but 343 you have 3 years and it wasn’t put into the game. It gives Halo 5 this ‘unfinished game’ feeling/vibe and your playing the game and you think to yourself, this game is missing something. I’m pumped to explore Forge this year but it’s disappointing again that it’s just not in the game yet.

• File Share Update Please - When Forge comes out were all expecting this to be added to the game. Everyone misses being able to share each others moments and creations and I’m sure you guys have this all ready for December right;)

• No way to bookmark/record games in Theater - only flaw in Theater is that there’s this bug that has not been fixed where you cannot bookmark your games anymore. Also an option to record the whole game and put it into your Xbox DVR would have been nice
    P.S. Why is the DMR a lvl 7 Req…

Please take some of these issues into consideration before you start making Halo 6, 343 you guys need to listen to the community and watch some reviews of Halo 5. I have included some links below of some excellent reviews of the game’s content that I think would be great to learn from. Seriously, take a few days in your 343i auditorium and watch some of these reviews and take notes on what can be the greatest Halo finale ever <333

Peace out guys,
-ginger hawk77

Seems like you’ve put quite some time in your post but I just refuse to read anything after that “!!!111!!!11!!!” at the end of the name.

I read the whole thing thank you for speaking up i hope more people read it.

> 2533274966370088;4:
> I read the whole thing thank you for speaking up i hope more people read it.

I already left a like

Wow. I feel like I’ve read this post about a hundred times. You know why? Because I have. Every. Single. Bullet Point. Exactly the same as the other bitter kids who thought that this game would be tailored perfectly to their specific desires and needs. I’m sorry you’re disappointed, and I appreciate the effort that you put into this. But, for me, the worst thing you could have done is try to back up your opinions with the cranky videos of a bunch of click bait youtube trolls like Angry Joe. Your opinions matter. His do not.

343 we need more playlists… We need I ranked play lists…we need better UI… Please!!! I’m seriously ready to quit this -Yoinking!- game.

You missed the tiny worthless sensor tracker.

> 2533274873843883;6:
> Wow. I feel like I’ve read this post about a hundred times. You know why? Because I have. Every. Single. Bullet Point. Exactly the same as the other bitter kids who thought that this game would be tailored perfectly to their specific desires and needs. I’m sorry you’re disappointed, and I appreciate the effort that you put into this. But, for me, the worst thing you could have done is try to back up your opinions with the cranky videos of a bunch of click bait youtube trolls like Angry Joe. Your opinions matter. His do not.

True but he does bring a lot of good points in, and I quoted all these videos because they all are good reviews 343 could learn off of

> 2533274926440197;9:
> > 2533274873843883;6:
> > Wow. I feel like I’ve read this post about a hundred times. You know why? Because I have. Every. Single. Bullet Point. Exactly the same as the other bitter kids who thought that this game would be tailored perfectly to their specific desires and needs. I’m sorry you’re disappointed, and I appreciate the effort that you put into this. But, for me, the worst thing you could have done is try to back up your opinions with the cranky videos of a bunch of click bait youtube trolls like Angry Joe. Your opinions matter. His do not.
>
>
> True but he does bring a lot of good points in, and I quoted all these videos because they all are good reviews 343 could learn off of

Most of those reviews, IGN for example, are by “professional video game reviewers” which means that the reviewer spent three days playing a game that is part of a franchise for which he probably has, at best, no interest or, at worst, complete contempt. They are never knowledgeable enough about the franchise to have a valuable opinion and they never spend enough time with the game to fully understand just what it is that they’re reviewing in the first place.

Angry Joe? If you gave him a blank check to design his personal version of the perfect video game, and then gave him a shot which causes amnesia, and then asked him to review the game he just created, he would trash it. You know why? Because controversy gets attention on youtube.

I don’t want to spend forever going on about why peoples’ opinions are invalid, but you get the point. You and I have opinions based on knowledge, experience, and a desire to improve the game, not based on a desire to garner attention and make money. That’s why our opinions are critical (even though on many points they may be diametrically opposed) and the opinions of “professionals” and “professional amateurs” are a joke.

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274926440197;9:
> > > 2533274873843883;6:
> > > Wow. I feel like I’ve read this post about a hundred times. You know why? Because I have. Every. Single. Bullet Point. Exactly the same as the other bitter kids who thought that this game would be tailored perfectly to their specific desires and needs. I’m sorry you’re disappointed, and I appreciate the effort that you put into this. But, for me, the worst thing you could have done is try to back up your opinions with the cranky videos of a bunch of click bait youtube trolls like Angry Joe. Your opinions matter. His do not.
> >
> >
> > True but he does bring a lot of good points in, and I quoted all these videos because they all are good reviews 343 could learn off of
>
>
> Most of those reviews, IGN for example, are by “professional video game reviewers” which means that the reviewer spent three days playing a game that is part of a franchise for which he probably has, at best, no interest or, at worst, complete contempt. They are never knowledgeable enough about the franchise to have a valuable opinion and they never spend enough time with the game to fully understand just what it is that they’re reviewing in the first place.
>
> Angry Joe? If you gave him a blank check to design his personal version of the perfect video game, and then gave him a shot which causes amnesia, and then asked him to review the game he just created, he would trash it. You know why? Because controversy gets attention on youtube.
>
> I don’t want to spend forever going on about why peoples’ opinions are invalid, but you get the point. You and I have opinions based on knowledge, experience, and a desire to improve the game, not based on a desire to garner attention and make money. That’s why our opinions are critical (even though on many points they may be diametrically opposed) and the opinions of “professionals” and “professional amateurs” are a joke.

Actually whether he gets money or not his opinions are valid. You are telling me someone who gives his opinions reviewing hundreds of video games doesn’t have knowledge or experience? If you watch his review he is clearly a Halo fan and wants the game to be better. Angry Joe’s points are very good as are the OP’s. This game is a joke of a release, and I love halo. The fact that they released this game with such low content in campaign and PVP is disappointing. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the problem with gaming. All AAA titles have a trend like this going forward, and its a sad day for the gamer. The campaign side of this game was a disaster and utter piece of garbage. The PVP side of things with a some changes could be amazing. They just need to tweak the placement games, you should be able to drop divisions, quitters, more maps, more playlists and social playlists. With respect to the placement games and division dropping there has only been 5 other halo games to learn from…

I agree with a lot of these points, but I think you should adjust your title. Angry Joe’s review, while I am not a fan of his format, hit home with me as he echoed a lot of the issues I felt H5 had.

Like u said halo 5 is a good game and I’m playing it a ton but it does have some major flaws

I’m miffed that 343 isn’t really giving confirmation that they’re hearing us and are going to do something about it.

> 2533274812988278;14:
> I’m miffed that 343 isn’t really giving confirmation that they’re hearing us and are going to do something about it.

Even when they happen to reply to a forum post it’s the usual, “We are like lookin into this issue at the moment” response.

Hold on let’s add some more!!!11111!!!

Terrible UI
CSR makes no sense, and isnt based on your skill
Microtransactions, yay!
Piss poor maps
Piss poor spawning on said maps
-Yoink- AI, even worse than Reach IMO
Spartan charge
More, but I’m super tired, bleh