343i, Please, I Beg of You: Bring Back CQB Perms! (Discuss Perms too!)

OK, I’m sure many of you don’t use CQB permutations. It was default in Halo 3 and a pain in the -Yoink- to unlock in Reach. But I have consistently used them since the first day I got Halo 3 and would be forever indebted if you brought back at least the helmet for Halo 4. I think with a Halo 4 make over, the helmet would look absolutely bad -Yoink-. So yeah, please bring it back. PLLEEAAASSEEE :frowning:

But anyway, what other permutations would you all like to see make a comeback?

I’m with you on that one… Love the CQB stuff. Honestly if H4 doesn’t have the classics like V, VI, CQB, EVA and ODST then there will be a lot of flak flying around on this forum. I think it would be a nice nod to Reach is Mk V made an appearance too.
That said I can imagine 343i not including any of those classics at all, or that they change them so badly that we don’t recognise them. If the guy who designed the H4 BR redesigns those classics with his/her style then it’s going to be a real shame, imagine CQB helm covered in pointless bits of geometry and lines and curves and nobs…

> I’m with you on that one… Love the CQB stuff. Honestly if H4 doesn’t have the classics like V, VI, CQB, EVA and ODST then there will be a lot of flak flying around on this forum. I think it would be a nice nod to Reach is Mk V made an appearance too.
> That said I can imagine 343i not including any of those classics at all, or that they change them so badly that we don’t recognise them. If the guy who designed the H4 BR redesigns those classics with his/her style then it’s going to be a real shame, imagine CQB helm covered in pointless bits of geometry and lines and curves and nobs…
[/quote]
See that’s a problem, which I’m going to cover in another thread. Halo 4 has WAAAAYYY too much flash. Like they just added extra shapes for the sake of adding extra shapes, ya know? It’s pointless. Just take a look at the new Warthog. That thing has so many pointless shapes prodding out of it, it looks ridiculous. More shapes, geometry, and random flashy bullcrap =/= more futuristic looking game. They definitely need to bring back the classics… UNHARMED. Hahaha

I’d also say we need armor effects back. I feel they were really half–Yoinked!- in the last game (I mean c’mon, there were only four that came with the Standard version of the game).

I agree Ghost, totally agree. It seems that the 343i artists have got it into their heads that the more curves and lines and bits and joins then the more futuristic and “refreshed” these classic Halo elements are. The BR looks pretty damn bad to me and the Warthog is without a doubt the most worrying thing I’ve seen about Halo 4. It just seems changed for the sake of change, like they felt that if they didn’t change it then it means that they don’t have control over the Halo universe.

This worries me that this will also translate over to these classic Halo armours. I loved that the classic helms like V, VI, ODST were completely untouched in Reach and that CQB and EVA had the ever so slightest aesthetic tweaks. It’s a great nod to the original games and adds to making a consistent universe.

> I agree Ghost, totally agree. It seems that the 343i artists have got it into their heads that the more curves and lines and bits and joins then the more futuristic and “refreshed” these classic Halo elements are. The BR looks pretty damn bad to me and the Warthog is without a doubt the most worrying thing I’ve seen about Halo 4. It just seems changed for the sake of change, like they felt that if they didn’t change it then it means that they don’t have control over the Halo universe.
>
> This worries me that this will also translate over to these classic Halo armours. I loved that the classic helms like V, VI, ODST were completely untouched in Reach and that CQB and EVA had the ever so slightest aesthetic tweaks. It’s a great nod to the original games and adds to making a consistent universe.

This.

If it’s possible I’d like to see if a forerunner-style helmet or two could squeeze its way in there. As for returning helmets I would like to see Rogue, Hayabusa, The Halo 3 EVA, and the Katana body perm with assassination compatibility.

You realise that the Hayabusa and Katana were just a nod to DOA4 right? They have no place in the Halo universe canonically speaking.

I’m sure we’ll be seeing some Forerunner style armor. They’ll probably be later unlocks, kind of like the Haunted Helmet of Reach, but definitely not that hard to attain.

> You realise that the Hayabusa and Katana were just a nod to DOA4 right? They have no place in the Halo universe canonically speaking.

Alot of people say that, but frankly, I really like them. And it’s not DOA, it’s Ninja Gaiden (Ryu Hayabusa is the main character), who was also a combatant in DOA.