343i - Please give up and step aside.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

18 years ago, the first time I played Halo, friends house, split-screen, small CRT TV, took some time to master de controller, it was weird at that time, that game made me buy an Xbox, I can honestly say that many of the best memories I have in my life was playing Halo, split-screen, lan parties, my best friends, trash talking, peeking on others screen, it was beautiful, we loved that game.
Halo evolved in a good way until Halo 3, for me the best game of all time, the game I played the most. There was a huge number of active players for a very long time, could be longer if they didn’t charge money for the DLC maps.
Halo Reach campaign was great, the multiplayer broke the game, map selection wasn’t great, and the addition of Armor Abilities completely unbalanced the gameplay, Halo 3 added things like the shield or the flare, were great additions to the sandbox, but when you add Jet Packs and Holograms, and stupid stuff you break a game that was great by over complicating everything.

Then comes 343i,

343i only did 2 thing the right way, the Anniversary remasters and the porting of MCC to PC.

Halo 4 was supposed to be the big return of Halo and MC, 343i did a great job on campaign side of the game, not talking about the story but what they could push of the 360, the game looks beautiful.
Then on the multiplayer side, 343i decided to pick up Halo Reach worst additions and add more complicated stuff like loadouts, random weapon placement, etc… Halo 4 MP was a disaster that wanted to reach other audiences but completely alienated the core player base, together with a very weak map selection, and performance issues that made split-screen unplayable.

Halo 5 campaign was what we all know, another proof 343i is clueless, Halo 5 MP is nice, but removing split-screen of the game is probably the dumbest and most idiotic thing to do to Halo, every Halo fan should know that, 343i blames it on the budget and time constraints but blows millions of dollars and hours of work on stuff that people don’t want like deceiving advertising or tv shows with Agent Lock and his crew. Spartan Abilities replaced Armor Abilities but once again, over complicating things instead of reverting to the old formula.

I had big hopes for Halo Infinite, we’ re yet to see how MP looks but 343i once again blows it with an EMBARRASING gameplay reveal of the game. I don’t care about any excuses or people trying to defend what they showed, the game looks terrible, MS number one IP, the star of the show, 343i and MS you should be ashamed of showing that trailer. Graphics look worse than many last-gen games, art style is odd, rocks look like plastic, no immersion, light looks weird, environments look poor, looks like forge map, even at 4K, this doesn’t look good, no atmosphere, terrible dialog with an annoying new character, WTF are you doing?
When you’re showing the main game of a console, you want to make people jaw drop, you advertise the “Tower of Power” than you have to show that power, I don’t understand how Turn 10 or the Coalition can deliver every time, Gears 5 looks great, Forza 8 with RT looks amazing and then Halo Infinite looks like -Yoink-.

343i still don’t understand, Halo players don’t care about open world or huge scale world and hundreds of enemies and exploring and RPG like stuff. Halo campaign just needs to have a great story, great visuals and the core Halo gameplay. We don’t want a game as a service.
On the multiplayer side I hope you don’t screw again, just give us the old Halo 3 style, don’t change it too much, iconic maps, beautiful graphics with RT, add stuff like rain, snow, real time weather and that’s all you need to sell your game.

I hope 343 will launch a good Halo game for the first time in their history, they have to correct many problems (static environments, no world physics, cheap particle effects, bland enemy AI, prebaked animations on the enemies and wildlife, terrible lighting, no environmental destruction, no blood, no shadows) in less than 4 months, difficult but not impossible.
If they fail this time, yes, Microsoft will need to hire capable people

> 2535411013306151;2:
> I hope 343 will launch a good Halo game for the first time in their history, they have to correct many problems (static environments, no world physics, cheap particle effects, bland enemy AI, prebaked animations on the enemies and wildlife, terrible lighting, no environmental destruction, no blood, no shadows) in less than 4 months, difficult but not impossible.
> If they fail this time, yes, Microsoft will need to hire capable people

Tbh I think Microsoft are planning for it to fail with the way they are talking about no more Halo sequels for the next 10 years. And instead we will just be drip fed DLC on an mediocre looking Halo game.

Basically if this flops as I believe Microsoft are planning for I think 343 will be wound down and then in 10 years or so maybe we will get a Fable style reboot from another, energised, actually AAA studio that will return the franchise to what people actually want?

Have you played the original trilogy? Exploration and discovery were pretty big themes in the Bungie games. You do not speak for all Halo fans.

It’s a little late to be making this narrow-viewed request since Infinite is four months away and will be the platform on which we play Halo for the next ten years. Consider giving up and stepping aside yourself.

> 2533274964025169;4:
> Have you played the original trilogy? Exploration and discovery were pretty big themes in the Bungie games. You do not speak for all Halo fans.
>
> It’s a little late to be making this narrow-viewed request since Infinite is four months away and will be the platform on which we play Halo for the next ten years. Consider giving up and stepping aside yourself.

Lol I think most people after the demo will probably keep their money and only try the game for near free with a game pass trial.

And yea enjoy being drip fed DLC for the next 10 years and not getting a proper sequel. Keeping my money on this one, and given it didn’t come close to selling the Series X I am considering getting a PS5 instead for better games, from the looks of things actually designed specifically for the hardware I have purchased. Imagine that being a selling point between consoles in 2020 when once upon a time you could expect this from every Microsoft/Sony exclusive… Anyway, I can just play MCC on PC (hopefully with cross play soon) and hook up an Xbox controller. That way I have access to all games as all Xbox “exclusives” are coming to PC anyway. I can play Infinite on PC too but honestly the way it is I don’t think it is worth the money.

> 2535406183268277;5:
> > 2533274964025169;4:
> > Have you played the original trilogy? Exploration and discovery were pretty big themes in the Bungie games. You do not speak for all Halo fans.
> >
> > It’s a little late to be making this narrow-viewed request since Infinite is four months away and will be the platform on which we play Halo for the next ten years. Consider giving up and stepping aside yourself.
>
> Lol I think most people after the demo will probably keep their money and only try the game for near free with a game pass trial.
>
> And yea enjoy being drip fed DLC for the next 10 years and not getting a proper sequel. Keeping my money on this one, and given it didn’t come close to selling the Series X I am considering getting a PS5 instead for better games. I can just play MCC on PC (hopefully with cross play soon) and hook up an Xbox controller. That way I have access to all games as all Xbox “exclusives” are coming to PC anyway. I can play Infinite on PC too but honestly the way it is I don’t think it is worth the money.

Do your thing. I wish you the best.

> 2533274798391405;1:
> 18 years ago, the first time I played Halo, friends house, split-screen, small CRT TV, took some time to master de controller, it was weird at that time, that game made me buy an Xbox, I can honestly say that many of the best memories I have in my life was playing Halo, split-screen, lan parties, my best friends, trash talking, peeking on others screen, it was beautiful, we loved that game.
> Halo evolved in a good way until Halo 3, for me the best game of all time, the game I played the most. There was a huge number of active players for a very long time, could be longer if they didn’t charge money for the DLC maps.
> Halo Reach campaign was great, the multiplayer broke the game, map selection wasn’t great, and the addition of Armor Abilities completely unbalanced the gameplay, Halo 3 added things like the shield or the flare, were great additions to the sandbox, but when you add Jet Packs and Holograms, and stupid stuff you break a game that was great by over complicating everything.
>
> Then comes 343i,
>
> 343i only did 2 thing the right way, the Anniversary remasters and the porting of MCC to PC.
>
> Halo 4 was supposed to be the big return of Halo and MC, 343i did a great job on campaign side of the game, not talking about the story but what they could push of the 360, the game looks beautiful.
> Then on the multiplayer side, 343i decided to pick up Halo Reach worst additions and add more complicated stuff like loadouts, random weapon placement, etc… Halo 4 MP was a disaster that wanted to reach other audiences but completely alienated the core player base, together with a very weak map selection, and performance issues that made split-screen unplayable.
>
> Halo 5 campaign was what we all know, another proof 343i is clueless, Halo 5 MP is nice, but removing split-screen of the game is probably the dumbest and most idiotic thing to do to Halo, every Halo fan should know that, 343i blames it on the budget and time constraints but blows millions of dollars and hours of work on stuff that people don’t want like deceiving advertising or tv shows with Agent Lock and his crew. Spartan Abilities replaced Armor Abilities but once again, over complicating things instead of reverting to the old formula.
>
> I had big hopes for Halo Infinite, we’ re yet to see how MP looks but 343i once again blows it with an EMBARRASING gameplay reveal of the game. I don’t care about any excuses or people trying to defend what they showed, the game looks terrible, MS number one IP, the star of the show, 343i and MS you should be ashamed of showing that trailer. Graphics look worse than many last-gen games, art style is odd, rocks look like plastic, no immersion, light looks weird, environments look poor, looks like forge map, even at 4K, this doesn’t look good, no atmosphere, terrible dialog with an annoying new character, WTF are you doing?
> When you’re showing the main game of a console, you want to make people jaw drop, you advertise the “Tower of Power” than you have to show that power, I don’t understand how Turn 10 or the Coalition can deliver every time, Gears 5 looks great, Forza 8 with RT looks amazing and then Halo Infinite looks like -Yoink-.
>
> 343i still don’t understand, Halo players don’t care about open world or huge scale world and hundreds of enemies and exploring and RPG like stuff. Halo campaign just needs to have a great story, great visuals and the core Halo gameplay. We don’t want a game as a service.
> On the multiplayer side I hope you don’t screw again, just give us the old Halo 3 style, don’t change it too much, iconic maps, beautiful graphics with RT, add stuff like rain, snow, real time weather and that’s all you need to sell your game.

Based. Unfortunately, even if they gave Halo to somebody competent they already doomed Halo and killed off its core fanbase.

> 2535406183268277;3:
> > 2535411013306151;2:
> > I hope 343 will launch a good Halo game for the first time in their history, they have to correct many problems (static environments, no world physics, cheap particle effects, bland enemy AI, prebaked animations on the enemies and wildlife, terrible lighting, no environmental destruction, no blood, no shadows) in less than 4 months, difficult but not impossible.
> > If they fail this time, yes, Microsoft will need to hire capable people
>
> Tbh I think Microsoft are planning for it to fail with the way they are talking about no more Halo sequels for the next 10 years. And instead we will just be drip fed DLC on an mediocre looking Halo game.
>
> Basically if this flops as I believe Microsoft are planning for I think 343 will be wound down and then in 10 years or so maybe we will get a Fable style reboot from another, energised, actually AAA studio that will return the franchise to what people actually want?

Hopefully, I feel like people need to realise this with many franchises and not just Halo. Like the quality for things like Star Wars, Mass Effect, Fallout and Marvel recently have been in decline yet the brands themselves are so big they are self sustaining no matter how bad they get as there will always be an audience that clings on all the way until things are officially cancelled due to better things taking their place. For these franchises to be great again they have to fade to ash to be reborn and given another shot otherwise it’s just flogging a dead horse.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Agreed. This was Halo’s last chance for a lot of people (myself included) and 343i completely ruined it. They failed with Halo 4 by copying COD, then they failed with MCC with the disasterous launch and once again failed with Halo 5 with lack of splitscreen, lack of content at launch, microtransactions, continuing to copy other games, misleading advertisements, and the crappy campaign and now, not suprisingly, given their previous track record, 343i once again failed with Halo Infinite by continuing to copy other games, ignoring the community on sprint and advanced mobility, and the -Yoink- textures. Microsoft really needs to replace the 343i heads or management. It honestly baffles me how after 3 failures, Bonnie Ross still has her job.

Halo is dead :frowning: