343i Please Don't Make the Flood Look as in Halo 4

For future Halo games, and I hope to the gods Halo 5 if they’re present,
don’t make the Flood look anything like they did in the Halo 4 War Games Flood game type.

Those in Halo 4 did not resemble the Flood to me. They seemed more like… arthropod like humanoids, idk.
Couldn’t even make out the infection form on them.
Their combat arm wasn’t any large nor did it have that multiple tendril flood look, just looked like a stub.

Their faces, while sort of cool looking, seemed more like an entirely different entity.
The Flood we’re used to has hanging heads, are more zombie like in the way they look and act I suppose.

I don’t know about any of you, but I for one would like to see their style return to the old one…
or at least something that resembles it.

I think they looked gross and it made me want to kill them so I liked it. I htink its more important to talk about how -Yoink- the pelican looked in Halo 4 and I don’t think that they are changing it in H5

I completely agree with what is said…as far as Campaign. But the ridiculous smile on their faces and their insane wacky sounds HAVE to stay for Multiplayer. <<Period

They can redesign the torso to make it more customizable, like Infection, and they can bring back the classic Flood for Campaign, but they had better keep the sound effects and happy faces from Halo 4. If not, well, they’ll have to answer to me…and they won’t like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274983431281;3:
> I completely agree with what is said…as far as Campaign. But the ridiculous smile on their faces and their insane wacky sounds HAVE to stay for Multiplayer. <<Period
>
> They can redesign the torso to make it more customizable, like Infection, and they can bring back the classic Flood for Campaign, but they had better keep the sound effects and happy faces from Halo 4. If not, well, they’ll have to answer to me…and they won’t like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, so long as its just Multiplayer I guess so.
But even the Multiplayer is canon.

Whatever the case though, so long as the Flood don’t assume the Halo 4 look and sound in any future story driven Halo modes, I’d be satisfied I suppose.

The reason the H4 lot look different is twofold.
One, they’re spore-infected rather than forcibly infected, so they have no infection form, and have been better able to leverage control of the Mjolnir platform, allowing for a more developed calcified carapace and more sophisticated weaponry. Face it, would you prefer a bone blade or flailing tentacles if you’re tying to subjugate all life in existence?
Two, the designers needed the hitboxes to not be messed up by tentacles and lolling heads rolling all over the place.
In any case, I like them, only if they add diversity to the Flood. They need it. It’s been Infection, Combat, Carrier for as long time, and as for the pure forms… Well, we all know how well that turned out. If the Flood return in H5, imagine being stalked through a forest by one of the H4 Flood forms. It’s not an angry octopus on legs, it’s a technologically and biologically augmented killer, watching you from the shadows with a grin on its face. The Flood need a bit more sophistication now, particularly after the Forerunner saga showed how smart they can really be. Brains the size of planets (literally) and they can’t come up with a better strategy than “Make more of ourselves and CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!11!!!1”? Kind of awkward.
Plus, those toothy smiles scare me yoinkless.

> 2533274932540799;5:
> The reason the H4 lot look different is twofold.
> One, they’re spore-infected rather than forcibly infected, so they have no infection form, and have been better able to leverage control of the Mjolnir platform, allowing for a more developed calcified carapace and more sophisticated weaponry. Face it, would you prefer a bone blade or flailing tentacles if you’re tying to subjugate all life in existence?
> Two, the designers needed the hitboxes to not be messed up by tentacles and lolling heads rolling all over the place.
> In any case, I like them, only if they add diversity to the Flood. They need it. It’s been Infection, Combat, Carrier for as long time, and as for the pure forms… Well, we all know how well that turned out. If the Flood return in H5, imagine being stalked through a forest by one of the H4 Flood forms. It’s not an angry octopus on legs, it’s a technologically and biologically augmented killer, watching you from the shadows with a grin on its face. The Flood need a bit more sophistication now, particularly after the Forerunner saga showed how smart they can really be. Brains the size of planets (literally) and they can’t come up with a better strategy than “Make more of ourselves and CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!11!!!1”? Kind of awkward.
> Plus, those toothy smiles scare me yoinkless.

That post had too many syllables! Apologize!

> 2533274888034788;6:
> > 2533274932540799;5:
> > The reason the H4 lot look different is twofold.
> > One, they’re spore-infected rather than forcibly infected, so they have no infection form, and have been better able to leverage control of the Mjolnir platform, allowing for a more developed calcified carapace and more sophisticated weaponry. Face it, would you prefer a bone blade or flailing tentacles if you’re tying to subjugate all life in existence?
> > Two, the designers needed the hitboxes to not be messed up by tentacles and lolling heads rolling all over the place.
> > In any case, I like them, only if they add diversity to the Flood. They need it. It’s been Infection, Combat, Carrier for as long time, and as for the pure forms… Well, we all know how well that turned out. If the Flood return in H5, imagine being stalked through a forest by one of the H4 Flood forms. It’s not an angry octopus on legs, it’s a technologically and biologically augmented killer, watching you from the shadows with a grin on its face. The Flood need a bit more sophistication now, particularly after the Forerunner saga showed how smart they can really be. Brains the size of planets (literally) and they can’t come up with a better strategy than “Make more of ourselves and CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!11!!!1”? Kind of awkward.
> > Plus, those toothy smiles scare me yoinkless.
>
>
> That post had too many syllables! Apologize!

Oh. Sorry.
EXPLOSIONS?

i actually kinda liked the spartan flood models in halo 4, the noises they made were a bit odd though.

> 2533274832788623;1:
> For future Halo games, and I hope to the gods Halo 5 if they’re present,
> don’t make the Flood look anything like they did in the Halo 4 War Games Flood game type.
>
> Those in Halo 4 did not resemble the Flood to me. They seemed more like… arthropod like humanoids, idk.
> Couldn’t even make out the infection form on them.
> Their combat arm wasn’t any large nor did it have that multiple tendril flood look, just looked like a stub.
>
> Their faces, while sort of cool looking, seemed more like an entirely different entity.
> The Flood we’re used to has hanging heads, are more zombie like in the way they look and act I suppose.
>
> I don’t know about any of you, but I for one would like to see their style return to the old one…
> or at least something that resembles it.

Completely agree plus the ones in H4 looked more like mini-nemesis clones and not parasite plant like creatures that we are are normally expected of in Halo games. It might have worked as a new species but 343i claimed they were infected spartans but they didn’t even look anything like what infected spartans should look like.