343i, please consider..

Would you consider some damage for the one performing the Ground-Pound,-the one causing the impact? Perhaps some shield and/or health loss? And, if the one performing the action is too weak, his or her own death may accur- resulting in a traded kill?

Also, consider, maybe, shield drain while sprinting, not just non-rechargeability? The ‘balancing’ risk would be immediate.

I really have hopes that there will be fall damage in the game, thus the need for timing your available jet packs for use. You would be a slowed target as you use your thrust to minimize the impact after your descent- a trade-off from abandoning that high perch.

The game looks and sounds amazing- can’t wait for the Beta.

-Thanks again

I think we will need to wait till after the beta to see how these mechanics work together before making these calls

but during/post the beta it will be worth noticing and considering

> 2533274801256048;2:
> I think we will need to wait till after the beta to see how these mechanics work together before making these calls
>
> but during/post the beta it will be worth noticing and considering

True, and thanks. Maybe they could toy around with these options internally.

I like the idea of ground-pound acting as a shield drain, kind of like an emp, but I don’t think health drain is necessary on top of that.

Also, shield drain while sprinting would not be worth the tradeoff for me, I would never sprint if that was the case. Remember, 343 spent some time developing these new mechanics and want to balance them, but not to the point where no one ever uses them.

For sprint, I think the current idea of linking it to shield recharge could work and deserves some testing. If it still doesn’t cut it, I would like them to consider sprint being deactivated, or slowed, under fire.

So the person gets a kill and gets punished for it?

Doesn’t seem very ideal

> 2533274842918190;5:
> So the person gets a kill and gets punished for it?
>
> Doesn’t seem very ideal

how about if you manage to get the kill, nothing happens, but if you miss, your shields drop? Sort of amplifies the risk vs reward aspect.

> 2533274842918190;5:
> So the person gets a kill and gets punished for it?
>
> Doesn’t seem very ideal

No, no punishment. But, the person causing the impact is experiencing impact as well. The car that rams the other doesn’t avoid damage just because it’s the one doing the ramming, but would receive less damage because of a chosen angle, and a chosen part of the car. A football player that causes impact on another has control, or choice of where that kinetic energy is displaced on himself- causing less ‘damage’ on himself. I think the one slamming into another so hard, using the force of jetpack, should take some brunt of the impact as well, but less than the target because of ‘chosen kinetic energy displacement’. No one’s being ‘punished’, just not able to pound around when weak, unless willing to risk it with at least a traded kill. If there’s a ‘timer’ involved for when one could do a Ground-Pound, maybe that timer could be or include the shields and health of the player who’s wanting to use it.

No offense but none of this made sense to me.

The ground pound needs extremely good accuracy, from the videos I can determine that it has very very small splash damage. We should wait till the beta before we decide on anything.

PS: It spelt occur not accur.