343i Please Change the Matchmaking System!

This game has failed on so many levels but none more then the Matchmaking and constant risk of group teaming against solo individuals. I can’t believe nothing has been done about this since the launch?

Halo shooters require skilled matchmaking compared to its lesser competitive fish abbreviated cousins!

Any of the Halo FPS titles have the team factor that lets you completely shutdown your opponents as kills require Accuracy, Timing and Team Work to maximise kill time, which means you rely on your random teammates to be of an equal skill level to be competitive. COD titles allow completely random matchmaking because a beginner can kill a vet by simply pressing “RT”.

If there is no team chemistry there is no game worth playing and thats why this current system doesn’t work on Halo titles.

…ok I’ll say it 1-50 had one thing going for itself and that was half of people playing Halo would never achieve anything past a 35, this divided the standards of players allowing higher level players to always play a opponent of equal skill level while also having reasonable teammate. I cant remember the time when I had a 4v4 that was fair?

Im not saying go back to it because its quite clear you want equality among the entire Halo player community regardless of gaming skill levels (Who knows why?) but this current system is punishing the lesser player more then the good players! And in some way Im a bit of a hypocrite because honestly Halo:Reach has been nothing but a massive STAT boosting game for me! 400% more Exterminations from H3>Reach while a 900% increase already from Perfections! (I know I haven’t improved that much.)

Come this fall there is a massive loyalty test coming with amazingly tons of massive games on the way including Driving, Action and FPS titles. Give us some reason to buy CE or keep playing Reach…

The thing that bothers me the most is how splitscreen players can go into any playlist… I usually play 4 v 4 Team Slayer and there should be NO splitscreen players allowed in that playlist, at all. Squad Slayer which is 5 v 5, fine, but not in a 4 v 4 setting. I’ve lost count over how many times I’ve had splitscreen players on my team, only for them to quit, making it a 4 on 2 game… not very fun.

Just make so playlists like Team Slayer, MLG, etc don’t allow “splitscreen-er’s”

Tell me: How often do you search with the skill preference on?

I’m under the impression you don’t, so you’re comparing a social experience in Reach to the Ranked one from H3.

Apples to oranges.

> Tell me: How often do you search with the skill preference on? I’m under the impression you don’t, so you’re comparing a social experience in Reach to the Ranked one from H3. Apples to oranges.

This. If you check that little box under search preferences it filters like H3 ranked would. I think people forget about the new options Bungie put in the game to cater your MM Searches and when it doesn’t work by default they get upset while forgetting that they can just check a box and problem solved.

> Tell me: How often do you search with the skill preference on? I’m under the impression you don’t, so you’re comparing a social experience in Reach to the Ranked one from H3. Apples to oranges.

Wanna know the hugh problem with that system… You PICK you preferred field and even then the game matchmaking only TRYS to find you the right opponents. Thats just a slight change or nothing at all.

And before you go on “Yes I have tried this option and there is no difference to the out come.” It will be hard to find someone who believes that this really makes any difference?

Which leads me back to my original point, in 2 & 3 you earned a level which in turn gave you a TRUE level of ability. It cant be cheated because the only way was up until you reached a rank that you couldn’t surpass or the top of the ranks (50). This left you surrounded by people of equal skill/ability.

This is the first Halo game to ever have this problem.

> This game has failed on so many levels but none more then the Matchmaking and constant risk of group teaming against solo individuals. I can’t believe nothing has been done about this since the launch?
>
> Halo shooters require skilled matchmaking compared to its lesser competitive fish abbreviated cousins!
>
> Any of the Halo FPS titles have the team factor that lets you completely shutdown your opponents as kills require Accuracy, Timing and Team Work to maximise kill time, which means you rely on your random teammates to be of an equal skill level to be competitive. COD titles allow completely random matchmaking because a beginner can kill a vet by simply pressing “RT”.
>
> If there is no team chemistry there is no game worth playing and thats why this current system doesn’t work on Halo titles.
>
> …ok I’ll say it 1-50 had one thing going for itself and that was half of people playing Halo would never achieve anything past a 35, this divided the standards of players allowing higher level players to always play a opponent of equal skill level while also having reasonable teammate. I cant remember the time when I had a 4v4 that was fair?
>
> Im not saying go back to it because its quite clear you want equality among the entire Halo player community regardless of gaming skill levels (Who knows why?) but this current system is punishing the lesser player more then the good players! And in some way Im a bit of a hypocrite because honestly Halo:Reach has been nothing but a massive STAT boosting game for me! 400% more Exterminations from H3>Reach while a 900% increase already from Perfections! (I know I haven’t improved that much.)
>
> Come this fall there is a massive loyalty test coming with amazingly tons of massive games on the way including Driving, Action and FPS titles. Give us some reason to buy CE or keep playing Reach…

Not only was the 1-50 rank system great, but the way you levelled up was also much more simple. You had to win games consecutively. With a team that may have been achievable, but much more difficult when individuals were matched together.

> Wanna know the hugh problem with that system… You PICK you preferred field and even then the game matchmaking only TRYS to find you the right opponents. Thats just a slight change or nothing at all.
>
> And before you go on “Yes I have tried this option and there is no difference to the out come.” It will be hard to find someone who believes that this really makes any difference?
>
> Which leads me back to my original point, in 2 & 3 you earned a level which in turn gave you a TRUE level of ability. It cant be cheated because the only way was up until you reached a rank that you couldn’t surpass or the top of the ranks (50). This left you surrounded by people of equal skill/ability.
>
> This is the first Halo game to ever have this problem.

Yes, the game only tries. Because Bungie designed the game that any game, even a lopsided one, is better than being kicked back to the main menu with the message that the game can’t find a match or sitting there for hours on end with no match being made.

And 1-50 couldn’t be cheated? Lawl.

Listen kid you an fool to believe this games matchmaking is somehow better, I went back and switched the “Skill Restriction” on and even though no one will believe this I Extremed there team in the opening 2min!

There is the link as proof : http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=714151909&player=I2ichie

Honestly since I’ve switched this on over the last couple of day there has been no change to gameplay at all! Why does it even exist?

And this idea that having instant game over genuine good games is bad too. That system makes it harder for new players to learn and good players “like I mentioned before” just clean up game after game. There is also another issue because of this system and that Teaming Up.

I have teamed up more often in Reach because I know the matchmaking sucks which added with completely random matchmaking mean were steam roll every thing in our path! This still sounding like a fair game? Some kids go -34KD but cant quit out because there will get a 5min ban, is that fair too?

Max wait time for H3 was like 90sec but at least then you have a decent game. Such a long time no…?