343i padded their sales with Halo 5

Well I’m sure I’ll get bludgeoned for this just like anyone who has something negative to say about Halo 5 or 343i, but I don’t really care. 343i posted an article today about how they sold $400 million worth of sales for the game in the last week alone. Yet if you check out other sites, aka not the xbox site, they mention that this figure accounts for both hard copies of the game as well as hardware sales… hardware sales of course would include consoles, controllers and other misc products not including the game itself. Those that are on the 343i bandwagon and supporting them blindly I’m sure will disagree with me, however if you do the math… $400 million divided by let’s say $60 a game would mean they’ve sold just over 6.7 million copies in one week. That is highly unlikely due to the fact that the best selling Halo game of all time, Halo 3, sold just over 12 million copies since it’s existence back in 2007, which was almost 10 years ago. I’d be willing to bet all the money in the world that 343i didn’t sell more than half the total sales of Halo 3 in merely one week. Now, the figures that I’ve heard and have seen elsewhere, aka not the xbox site, are that they sold roughly 1.5 million hard copies of the game, with approximately 30% more than that in digital sales, putting total game sales at around 2 million copies sold. If you multiply that by $60 that gets you $120 million, subtract that from the $400 million and you get $280 million in hardware sales. So if an xbox one costs $350 US, $280 million divided by $350 gives you around 800k xbox one’s sold, which would make sense considering that is less than half of the numbers of the game itself at around 2 million copies sold. Anyhow, sorry for the long drawn out post and all of the math but it just increases my frustration with 343i, that they aren’t being honest about sales and want to try and be proud of their games that so many haven’t liked. Also, there was a quote that this was the best selling Halo game for the xbox one and best Microsoft game for xbox one, well obviously when there are very limited games out there for this console and when the only other Halo game for the xbox one is the MCC? I mean what do you expect?

why do you care so much bro just shut up and play the game or dont

-Deleted-

> 2533274799357800;2:
> why do you care so much bro just shut up and play the game or dont

Why do you care so much about what I post on?

You say you don’t care but you created an account just to post this. Keep reaching scrub.

Microsoft padding their numbers to make Halo look better than it actually is, is a pretty common tactic by now.
Same thing happened with Halo 4 when they tried to make a big deal out of the total playtime of players.

> 2615036569357638;5:
> You say you don’t care but you created an account just to post this. Keep reaching scrub.

He was saying he didn’t care whether he got flamed for posting an opinion or not as far as I can see.

> 2535425146381858;6:
> Microsoft padding their numbers to make Halo look better than it actually is, is a pretty common tactic by now.
> Same thing happened with Halo 4 when they tried to make a big deal out of the total playtime of players.
>
>
>
>
> > 2615036569357638;5:
> > You say you don’t care but you created an account just to post this. Keep reaching scrub.
>
>
> He was saying he didn’t care whether he got flamed for posting an opinion or not as far as I can see.

True, but then why not use his real account? I’m sure he has played the game.

Should we complain about Activision counting Destiny’s super limited edition sales into account when they published their figures?

No…just a thought

> 2535437103970831;1:
> Well I’m sure I’ll get bludgeoned for this just like anyone who has something negative to say about Halo 5 or 343i, but I don’t really care. 343i posted an article today about how they sold $400 million worth of sales for the game in the last week alone. Yet if you check out other sites, aka not the xbox site, they mention that this figure accounts for both hard copies of the game as well as hardware sales… hardware sales of course would include consoles, controllers and other misc products not including the game itself. Those that are on the 343i bandwagon and supporting them blindly I’m sure will disagree with me, however if you do the math… $400 million divided by let’s say $60 a game would mean they’ve sold just over 6.7 million copies in one week. That is highly unlikely due to the fact that the best selling Halo game of all time, Halo 3, sold just over 12 million copies since it’s existence back in 2007, which was almost 10 years ago. I’d be willing to bet all the money in the world that 343i didn’t sell more than half the total sales of Halo 3 in merely one week. Now, the figures that I’ve heard and have seen elsewhere, aka not the xbox site, are that they sold roughly 1.5 million hard copies of the game, with approximately 30% more than that in digital sales, putting total game sales at around 2 million copies sold. If you multiply that by $60 that gets you $120 million, subtract that from the $400 million and you get $280 million in hardware sales. So if an xbox one costs $350 US, $280 million divided by $350 gives you around 800k xbox one’s sold, which would make sense considering that is less than half of the numbers of the game itself at around 2 million copies sold. Anyhow, sorry for the long drawn out post and all of the math but it just increases my frustration with 343i, that they aren’t being honest about sales and want to try and be proud of their games that so many haven’t liked. Also, there was a quote that this was the best selling Halo game for the xbox one and best Microsoft game for xbox one, well obviously when there are very limited games out there for this console and when the only other Halo game for the xbox one is the MCC? I mean what do you expect?

Actually that $400million ONLY counts physical and digital copies of the game as well as halo 5 consoles.

That’s it. It’s been reported a few times that those are the only factors for the $400million.

Headsets, controllers, and everything else are categorized as accessories and were not part of the $400million.

> 2615036569357638;7:
> > 2535425146381858;6:
> > Microsoft padding their numbers to make Halo look better than it actually is, is a pretty common tactic by now.
> > Same thing happened with Halo 4 when they tried to make a big deal out of the total playtime of players.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2615036569357638;5:
> > > You say you don’t care but you created an account just to post this. Keep reaching scrub.
> >
> >
> > He was saying he didn’t care whether he got flamed for posting an opinion or not as far as I can see.
>
>
> True, but then why not use his real account? I’m sure he’s played the game.

Some peeps don’t like those who focus too much on stats vs their argument.

The article was not by 343 it was by Xbox Wire so saying that 343i was not being honest is wrong. If you are going to spend time doing math and trying to seem as if you have statistical data to back up your response, which of course you don’t, do not go around saying 343i lied because you fail to read who wrote an article. Please go recollect your data, and find actual numbers on consoles, games, and controllers sold before you start randomly dividing the amount of one copy by the total sales. Honestly it is mind boggling where you got the number 1.5 million, yeah you can guess, but it just hurts your claim and gives it no support. No one should believe anything you say until you show you know what you are doing.

OP if you really didn’t care, you wouldn’t have done your research, did the (likely inaccurate) math, and then written an ENTIRE wall text about it. Honestly this is stepping into tinfoil hat territory. How about you criticize the game? You know, the thing that ACTUALLY matters.

Who cares?

> 2535437103970831;4:
> > 2533274799357800;2:
> > why do you care so much bro just shut up and play the game or dont
>
>
> Why do you care so much what I post about?

because your post is obviously pointless. why are you so obsessive with sales? if you enjoy the game. then it show not matter how many people bought it. heck, if you don’t enjoy the game it still shouldn’t matter how many people bought it. hype chasers like yourself are what’s annoying about this gaming period. THIS GAME PADDED IT’S SELLS. THIS GAMES POPULATION WILL DROP WHEN COD COMES OUT FRIDAY. HALO IS DEAAAAAAAAD. it’s getting annoying really fast that people can’t enjoy anything unless it breaks records or sustains WIDE SPEAD popularity.

> 2535425146381858;10:
> > 2615036569357638;7:
> > > 2535425146381858;6:
> > > Microsoft padding their numbers to make Halo look better than it actually is, is a pretty common tactic by now.
> > > Same thing happened with Halo 4 when they tried to make a big deal out of the total playtime of players.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2615036569357638;5:
> > > > You say you don’t care but you created an account just to post this. Keep reaching scrub.
> > >
> > >
> > > He was saying he didn’t care whether he got flamed for posting an opinion or not as far as I can see.
> >
> >
> > True, but then why not use his real account? I’m sure he’s played the game.
>
>
> Some peeps don’t like those who focus too much on stats vs their argument.

Like yourself? I’m just poking but I see your point. Guess I’ll let this get back on topic now.

> 2615036569357638;15:
> > 2535425146381858;10:
> > > 2615036569357638;7:
> > > > 2535425146381858;6:
> > > > Microsoft padding their numbers to make Halo look better than it actually is, is a pretty common tactic by now.
> > > > Same thing happened with Halo 4 when they tried to make a big deal out of the total playtime of players.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2615036569357638;5:
> > > > > You say you don’t care but you created an account just to post this. Keep reaching scrub.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > He was saying he didn’t care whether he got flamed for posting an opinion or not as far as I can see.
> > >
> > >
> > > True, but then why not use his real account? I’m sure he’s played the game.
> >
> >
> > Some peeps don’t like those who focus too much on stats vs their argument.
>
>
> Like yourself? I’m just poking but I see your point. Guess I’ll let this get back on topic now.

Cheeky cheeky~

But yeah, it’d be really nice of Microsoft if they released some hard numbers. Probably won’t ever happen, though.

I don’t see how it matters. You either like it or you don’t. Why do you care what the sales figures are?

People care about sales numbers because you can compare it to prior installments of the franchise. It’s a rough measure of quality.

I’m pretty sure when they said hardware sales, they were talking about the Halo Xbox One bundle, the new Halo controllers, headsets. Not any old Xbox.

> 2535425146381858;18:
> People care about sales numbers because you can compare it to prior installments of the franchise. It’s a rough measure of quality.

Or a hint of a change in peoples’ tastes over time. Or a measure of the success of the marketing campaign. Or