343i or Bungie

From playing every halo game, apart from Reach i feel that 343i has missed the mark that bungie so expertly could hit time after time.

I honestly can say that i miss bungie making the halo franchise, i never thought i would say that, after all the problems they had themselves, but at least they could release a balanced, glitch free (halo 3) multiplayer experience making people want more and more.

Halo 4 (343i) has missed the mark a little, in my view with multiplayer. Releasing maps with glitches on them, which have been found within the first week and a half (complex ball glitch/ not fun), as well as a number of balancing issues.

In comparison for the campaign i would rate 343i to have created a much flashier and better campaign expereince, that doesn’t get as stale or boring to complete as that of Halo 3’s did. Having said that, Halo 3’s was quite fantastic as it were.

Overall at this stage i wish that bungie could just give 343i some advice on how to sucessfully launch a game catering to the masses, instead of seeing 343i flail around waiting to fail, with a game which has so much potential.

343i get your act together, listen to the community and regain our trust, love and money to come by buy the DLC content !

Obviously all that i stated above is my opinion, so dont take it as the law.

i shall now take is as the LAW

Bungie has had 10+years of gaming experience, not to mention making games prior to Halo (I.E Marathon, ONI, Pathways to Darkness etc).

343 is new and has only made one game with almost two weekly matchmaking updates. I don’t count Reach because they inherited the the MP mess Bungie left us and it wasn’t their baby.

Unfair comparison is unfair. It doesn’t invalidate the constructive suggestions to fix the problems within the MP and Spops but at the same time, 343 has yet to prove itself post launch.

After Reach, i don’t miss Bungie one bit. I doubt they miss being under Microsoft’s watchful eye either.

Well it the on 11 days after the game released, so you can expect glitches.

> Well it the on 11 days after the game released, so you can expect glitches.

That is true, but with such incomplete coding so that you can jump through a hole in a wall the size of a Halo ring on complex, that just doesn’t seem right.

> Bungie has had 10+years of gaming experience, not to mention making games prior to Halo (I.E Marathon, ONI, Pathways to Darkness etc).
>
>
> 343 is new and has only made one game with almost two weekly matchmaking updates. I don’t count Reach because they inherited the the MP mess Bungie left us and it wasn’t their baby.
>
>
> Unfair comparison is unfair. It doesn’t invalidate the constructive suggestions to fix the problems within the MP and Spops but at the same time, 343 has yet to prove itself post launch.
>
>
> After Reach, i don’t miss Bungie one bit. I doubt they miss being under Microsoft’s watchful eye either.

This

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343 industries is garbage. Bungie all the way project Destiny a new shooter 2013. If you played halo 1, 2, or three you would understand. If you don’t understand your not a halo player. If your not a halo player your opinion on halo 4 doesn’t matter.

> > Well it the on 11 days after the game released, so you can expect glitches.
>
> That is true, but with such incomplete coding so that you can jump through a hole in a wall the size of a Halo ring on complex, that just doesn’t seem right.

i honestly think they had to if they wanted to release the game in time. it was either that or delay the game for a month or 2 and have the threads RAGE!!! with complaints more than usual

I miss bungie. :frowning:
I miss halo.

>

Yeah about that, I have played Halo 3 and Im personaly open to something new, sense when did you complainers define a Halo Player anyway?. and besides you only think an opinon is valid if you agree with it.

> > > Well it the on 11 days after the game released, so you can expect glitches.
> >
> > That is true, but with such incomplete coding so that you can jump through a hole in a wall the size of a Halo ring on complex, that just doesn’t seem right.
>
> i honestly think they had to if they wanted to release the game in time. it was either that or delay the game for a month or 2 and have the threads RAGE!!! with complaints more than usual

Everytime this comes up, im sure that people would prefer a fuller experience from delaying the game a month/2months/6months, than have what at times feels like a beta test for many players.

Yep sure it would suck that the greatest (in my opinion) FPS franchise is delayed, but hey if it includes glitch free matchmaking, extensive custom game creation ability, including previously removed gametypes, balanced matchmaking, more maps on launch as well as search filters for games and also spectate mode in game.

This game and 343i would have blown me away.

I loved Halo CE and Halo 3, and so far 343i is doing a good job, by no means perfect, at carrying the Halo torch.

Story line is good, you can’t expect a handful of testers to find every glitch like a few hundred thousand gamers looking to get an upperhand, or accidently run into. There is what 2-4 glitch spots that have been found?

How many other games have horrible glitches when they first launch? Halo 4 has had some mild bugs, nothing that screws people over like BO2 on the playstation 3.

>

Huh, i didn’t know Halo players could be defined in one way. What hubris to believe in such fallacies. Then again, i cannot expect any less from fanboy’s such as you’re self.

Destiny will probably be good but in some ways but besides being similar to Halo, we don’t really know a ton about it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Your not a halo player. Sorry you don’t understand why strategy set this franchise apart. Enjoy your new noob company and casual gaming.

>

Im sure that, a halo player is defined as: Any player that has played the campaign, multiplayer or custom games of any preceding game including the current iteration. (Halo:CE - Halo 4.

So almost 99% of this forum is a Halo player. your argument is invalid, at least form some sort of constructive argument, not just calling out players.

> Halo 4 (343i) has missed the mark a little, in my view with multiplayer. Releasing maps with glitches on them, which have been found within the first week and a half (complex ball glitch/ not fun), as well as a number of balancing issues.

Have we all forgotten Halo 2 here, released by Bungie. Hell half of why that game was fun, was because of all the glitches. I bet i cant even remember half of the ones that existed.

Tons of Super Jumps on every map, Elite/Warthog Glitch, Sword Canceling, Getting outside the maps, Getting to Walls, Rampant Modding resulting in Level Resets, unresolved Button Combos (FullAutoBattleRifle).

Halo 4 is pretty flawless compared to Bungie when you take into account Halo 2.

> > Halo 4 (343i) has missed the mark a little, in my view with multiplayer. Releasing maps with glitches on them, which have been found within the first week and a half (complex ball glitch/ not fun), as well as a number of balancing issues.
>
> Have we all forgotten Halo 2 here, released by Bungie. Hell half of why that game was fun, was because of all the glitches. I bet i cant even remember half of the ones that existed.
>
> Tons of Super Jumps on every map, Elite/Warthog Glitch, Sword Canceling, Getting outside the maps, Getting to Walls, Rampant Modding resulting in Level Resets, unresolved Button Combos (FullAutoBattleRifle).
>
> Halo 4 is pretty flawless compared to Bungie when you take into account Halo 2.

That is true, but on the contrary this is the ‘New’ Era of gaming, where such problems should be thoroughly checked and coded out, as for button combos, Halo 4 has a few to contest with Halo 2’s.

Instant reload Pistol (promethian pistol-shotgun secondary)
Super Grenade throwing.

These were both released with the game, either intentionally or not, they are still considered ‘glitches/flaws’ in my view.

Bungie gave us CE, Halo 2 and 3, all were marvelous games, they also gave us Reach, in the end I enjoyed the game, but it also pissed me off quite a bit but nonetheless it was decent.

343 have given us Halo 4 and at the moment, I’ve played it for 9 hours over the course of 2 weeks and the game doesn’t make me want to play it. Feels too differen has many issues and just isn’t that fun.

So Bungie.

I think the players have changed more than the game. ‘Halo’ hardcore players want everything to stay the same so they can dominate in their environment forever. While the series advances they try to stick to old tactics and when that doesn’t work if they hide in the -Yoink- back corners of the map waiting for people to run by.

Then again it could all that time spent in CoD/battlefield between halo games.

> >
>
> Im sure that, a halo player is defined as: Any player that has played the campaign, multiplayer or custom games of any preceding game including the current iteration. (Halo:CE - Halo 4.
>
> So almost 99% of this forum is a Halo player. your argument is invalid, at least form some sort of constructive argument, not just calling out players.

I agree.