343i. Make this worth it.

if you wish to skip past what I said about Halo 4, just scroll down to the next section of lines.

My feelings about Halo 4
When you announced Halo 4 at E3 in 2011, I had mixed feelings about it. The return of the Chief in a way that we’ve never seen him before was both exciting and scary, and I had no idea what to expect. But I think you pulled that off pretty well, although you could have done better with it.

Early 2012, we got our first glimpse of the Multiplayer. Where questions were answered and new ones were forged. You obviously wanted to make Halo something new yet familiar, which I believe you pulled off somewhat fine at release. But the lack of any Classic playlists was disappointing, even though we were promised there would be. We weren’t even given the tools to experience the classic feel either.

Then there was Forge. For every step forward you took at least two steps back. The Trait zones, and the new Forge environments provided a new feel for our newly built maps. But the Forge spaces themselves were inadequate, and just made it harder to make anything around 6v6 to 8v8. Every BTB maps on Ravine feels the same, and we still even had the same pieces from Reach. You removed fine editing, slow paced movements, and the magnets don’t work properly in-game.

Custom Games. A place to go to relax and goof around with a few friends, you still somehow managed dropped the ball with. Infection, probably the gametype that was played the most in any Custom lobby had been ruined. Forced colors, and the forced Flood Talon killed Infection. But that’s not the only gametype that saw the removal of features. All OBJ gametypes are symmetrical, yet you have all these asymmetrical maps. The loss of One Flag was a huge hit for me.

Theater. Those who loved to compete competitively and/or admire the scenery in the Campaign or Spartan OPs were let down tremendously. It may not have had a big community like Forge or Customs do, but they’re still there. That’s enough for me not to ignore them.

Spartan OPs was your take on a story based Multiplayer, which I think is a pretty cool idea. But come on, the characters were annoying, unbelievable, and weren’t even interesting. The only one I actually like is Roland, but that’s not saying much. Not to mention the gameplay is just the same maps over and over, with constant button pushing that happens. If you keep this in for Halo Xbox One, at least make the environments different from the start. You’re going to have much more disc space anyways. I can’t blame you for Firefight, because I believe that maps that Bungie had offered in Reach discouraged people from playing it.

Halo Xbox One
Now what this has to do with Halo Xbox One, I’ll tell you right now. 343, it seems that the lack of attention to nearly all sides of the community is what deterred a lot of players from staying. I don’t like to bring up the population counter but it’s Halo, how can I not.

I may not be here to see or even play Halo Xbox One. But it wouldn’t be your fault, it would be Microsoft for making such a restricted Console. But you can make that Xbox worth it with this game. Make this not a game for us to resonate with the past but with the present. Even if I’m not here to see it, just let those who will or those joining in experience the best gameplay a Console game can offer. Listen to the communities, not just us. Campaign, Matchmaking, Customs, Forge, Spartan Ops/Firefight, Theater, and maybe even new ones that this game could create. Kick off the start of the next gen Consoles with a kick–Yoink- game.

> 343I said that they will listen to us and that Halo 4 was a failure.

They shouldn’t just listen to us though. There are those who have departed from Halo because of Halo 4, so it’d be best if they were to listen to all sides.

Heck, if those Halo Youtube channels and Websites could spread the word when the time comes, people would want their voices to be heard and come back. It might not be easy but anything besides hard work wont make this game good.

Really they said that… they really dont see potential in Halo 4 then do they :frowning: If they know Halo 4 is bad, then why not bring out a free DLC to fix it. I mean… if thats possible… or I guess they could just focus on Halo 5.

> > 343I said that they will listen to us and that Halo 4 was a failure.
>
> Really they said that… they really dont see potential in Halo 4 then do they :frowning: If they know Halo 4 is bad, then why not bring out a free DLC to fix it. I mean… if thats possible… or I guess they could just focus on Halo 5.

If they think Halo 4 is bad, why would they make any more DLC for it? Any DLC packs with Achievements in them can’t be given out for free, so those who wish to play the Map Packs will have to pay for them.

As much as I’d like full support for Halo 4 right now, I say that the best they can do now is focus the most on Halo Xbox One.

> > > 343I said that they will listen to us and that Halo 4 was a failure.
> >
> > Really they said that… they really dont see potential in Halo 4 then do they :frowning: If they know Halo 4 is bad, then why not bring out a free DLC to fix it. I mean… if thats possible… or I guess they could just focus on Halo 5.
>
> If they think Halo 4 is bad, why would they make any more DLC for it? Any DLC packs with Achievements in them can’t be given out for free, so those who wish to play the Map Packs will have to pay for them.
>
> As much as I’d like full support for Halo 4 right now, I say that the best they can do now is focus the most on Halo Xbox One.

I never said Maps or Achievements, I meant a Large Update Fix DLC like what BF3 whenever they bring out a large MP update, its DLC not an update.

I should have been more specific:
343I said that they know that Halo 4 was not a success among the multiplayer community, and they will listen to the older community and these forums and they will try to make Halo 5 the Halo game 4 should have been.

Thats just what i understanded.

As much as I want to believe this, I still want to see proof.

> Halo 4 was a failure.
> [/color]

The never said that at all. They said they received amazing support all around and they understand what mistakes they made. Saying BS like that is against the rules as you are spreading false info.

Nice OP I didn’t see a single mention of the campaign (unless i rushed over it) IF you are playing halo just for MP then that is your mistake.

> > Halo 4 was a failure.
> > [/color]
>
> The never said that at all. They said they received amazing support all around and they understand what mistakes they made. Saying BS like that is against the rules as you are spreading false info.
>
>
>
>
> Nice OP I didn’t see a single mention of the campaign (unless i rushed over it) IF you are playing halo just for MP then that is your mistake.

I did mention the Campaign. Once for how I felt for it, and another for it having no Theater support.

I remember 343 saying Halo 4 was a success, but admitting their mistakes and faults…

> > 343I said that they will listen to us and that Halo 4 was a failure.
>
> Really they said that… they really dont see potential in Halo 4 then do they :frowning: If they know Halo 4 is bad, then why not bring out a free DLC to fix it. I mean… if thats possible… or I guess they could just focus on Halo 5.

They never said that. This is what they said, it’s much more of a realistic quote.

Halo 4 didn’t fail or suck, it just wasn’t up to the incredibly high standard Halo games meet, the standard of which we saw from Halo CE, 2 and 3.

Also, Halo 4 is much better since the weapon tuning update. The feel and balance is not fully restored, but much better than before. 343i can’t fix their mediocre maps, AAs and sprint, but I think they’ll provide solutions to all of these in Halo 5.

> > > 343I said that they will listen to us and that Halo 4 was a failure.
> >
> > Really they said that… they really dont see potential in Halo 4 then do they :frowning: If they know Halo 4 is bad, then why not bring out a free DLC to fix it. I mean… if thats possible… or I guess they could just focus on Halo 5.
>
> They never said that. This is what they said, it’s much more of a realistic quote.
> http://www.gamefront.com/343-on-halo-we-will-do-much-better-next-time/
>
> Halo 4 didn’t fail or suck, it just wasn’t up to the incredibly high standard Halo games meet, the standard of which we saw from Halo CE, 2 and 3.
>
> Also, Halo 4 is much better since the weapon tuning update. The feel and balance is not fully restored, but much better than before. 343i can’t fix their mediocre maps, AAs and sprint, but I think they’ll provide solutions to all of these in Halo 5.

Its good to see that they admit that its not up standards compared to previous halo games, im slowly regaining my confidence in 343! I’ve always loved Halo, they could probably release Halo 5 as an 8bit game and I would still buy it.