343i make the spartans shiny again

They looked better when they were shiny http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/31/halo-5-guardians-armor-unlocks-from-halo-the-master-chief-collection-revealed-ign-first. Plus Halo is known for its colorful art style.

The graphics of the Spartan pre beta looked better too…

Compare this beauty, to this ugly.

UPDATE:

I know it says “early High-Res” but the Xbox One is next gen… don’t you guys want the final Spartans to look as good as these “early High-Res” Spartans?

Early high-res armor development. Materials not representative of final in-game model.
Clear as daylight.

> 2535421496998089;1:
> They looked better when they were shiny http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/31/halo-5-guardians-armor-unlocks-from-halo-the-master-chief-collection-revealed-ign-first. Plus Halo is known for its colorful art style.
>
> The graphics of the Spartan pre beta looked better too…

These are super soldiers trained to kill anything and everything. They shouldn’t be fluorescent, flawless, and glowing while on the battlefield like they appear in these renders. The colors were too washed out and the Spartans far too clean in Halo 4 IMO, but they looked better in the Halo 5 beta.

Reach had the best looking Spartans because they were grittier looking and toned down relative to all the other games.

ugh no. when they are shiny they look like action figures.

> 2533275005949844;2:
> Early high-res armor development. Materials not representative of final in-game model.
> Clear as daylight.

So the final will be high-res… right?

> 2533274866682248;4:
> ugh no. when they are shiny they look like action figures.

But that’s Halos art style! The covenant weapons look like toys! Its beautiful!

EARLY HIGH-RES ARMOR DEVELOPMENT. MATERIALS NO REPRESENTATIVE OF FINAL IN-GAME MODEL.
God–Yoinking!–-Yoink!-, people!!! LEARN TO READ!!!

> 2533275005949844;7:
> EARLY HIGH-RES ARMOR DEVELOPMENT. MATERIALS NO REPRESENTATIVE OF FINAL IN-GAME MODEL.
> God–Yoinking!–-Yoink!-, people!!! LEARN TO READ!!!

Chill, no need to be rude…

Halo 4 looked like plastic as it was, don’t encourage them.

> 2533274894863132;9:
> Halo 4 looked like plastic as it was, don’t encourage them.

Halo 3 Spartans looked like plastic, they were shiny, AND BEAUTIFUL.

Embrace Halo’s colorfulness!

> 2535421496998089;10:
> > 2533274894863132;9:
> > Halo 4 looked like plastic as it was, don’t encourage them.
>
>
> Halo 3 Spartans looked like plastic, they were shiny, AND BEAUTIFUL.
>
> Embrace Halo’s colorfulness!

Colorful=/=shiny. Halo 3 Spartans didn’t look like plastic. Neither did reach’s, which is why they look the best to so many people, flat colors look dramatically better than slimy, greasy, plastic powerranger action figures. The undersuits should be the only things that are shiny, and even than it should just be a little, no spandex please.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274800197828;3:
> These are super soldiers trained to kill anything and everything. They shouldn’t be fluorescent, flawless, and glowing while on the battlefield like they appear in these renders. The colors were too washed out and the Spartans far too clean in Halo 4 IMO, but they looked better in the Halo 5 beta.
>
> Reach had the best looking Spartans because they were grittier looking and toned down relative to all the other games.

100% agree

Nah, gritty spartans >>>>>>> shiny spartans

> 2535421496998089;1:
> They looked better when they were shiny http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/31/halo-5-guardians-armor-unlocks-from-halo-the-master-chief-collection-revealed-ign-first. Plus Halo is known for its colorful art style.
>
> The graphics of the Spartan pre beta looked better too…
>
> Compare this beauty, to this ugly.
>
> UPDATE:
>
> I know it says “early High-Res” but the Xbox One is next gen… don’t you guys want the final Spartans to look as good as these “early High-Res” Spartans?

No, Halo: Reach’s armor/ colors and gritty dirty feeling needs to return. That’s all that they need to bring from that game though, the rest sucks

Ehh, I wouldn’t really like my Spartan to look all shiny. They can be colorful without being shiny.

what your asking is practically impossible on current hardware, that spartan model that they showed off was an extremely high poly model with a lot of very power hungry materials. That render probably took a good 30 minutes at least! probably a lot longer actually. This is not an in engine render it is rendered out with a huge amount of power behind it a lot more than any console or consumer pc really has. and that’s without anything else in the scene.

I really hate the fact these consoles keep being branded next gen when their hardware is anything but next gen.

> 2535421496998089;1:
> I know it says “early High-Res” but the Xbox One is next gen… don’t you guys want the final Spartans to look as good as these “early High-Res” Spartans?

It is physically impossible for Spartans to look that good in game. Those models are pre-rendered, and if you had 8 Spartans that detailed running around at the same time your console would explode. Just because the XBOX One is “next-gen” does not mean it’s cutting edge technology, it’s simply the next generation XBOX. It could have hardware from ten years ago and it would still be a next generation XBOX. Both the XBOX One and PS4 are only as powerful as mid range gaming PCs. They are nothing special. They have a good amount of power; they’ll run your hip new games pretty well, but they aren’t going to max out any settings on any game.

Even the most high end gaming PCs would not be able to run character models that detailed in real time.

Yea gods no. The textureless render models with some color thrown on do not look better than what we got in the Beta or what we would likely get in the final game. They’re only saving grace is that they are high resolution, and that is all they have going for them.

Quality textures > resolution.

Reach’s armour style was so much better than any other Halo’s. The Spartans looked as if they were actually soldiers, and not shiny display pieces. They still were colourful, but not sickeningly shiny.