343i knows what they're doing

I keep seeing these thread debates on whether H4 should lean towards H2/H3 or Reach. 343 already said they’re gonna go back to the roots of Halo.

Odds are, it’ll be alot like Halo 3; lighter, and the old “me, my gun, and my grenades concept”. Of course, we’ll see new stuff, and they probably wont totally throw away Reach’s aspects.

What was the main problem with Reach? It didnt feel “Halo”.
-Bloom
-AL
-Loadouts

Two of those were nerfed. And Loadouts played a big part because they took the Halo formula of everyone being the same, and gave everybody weapons and superpowers of their choice; gave us Unreal Tournament.

They know this. They said it themselves.
Everything we got in Reach will probably be available in Customs and Forge.

The point is, they wanna make everyone happy, and they know what was wrong with Reach. It’ll all be fine. I like seeing the ideas flowing, but the whole ranting thing, and telling them what “shouldnt be in Halo 4 that’s from Reach” is a waste of time.

Don’t whine, and chillax, bra :slight_smile:

> telling them what “shouldnt be in Halo 4” is a waste of time.

What else are we supposed to say? There’s nothing to talk about because we know nothing about the game.

> > telling them what “shouldnt be in Halo 4” is a waste of time.
>
> What else are we supposed to say? There’s nothing to talk about because we know nothing about the game.

I mean things from Reach. There have already been countless threads on the Reach forum about it’s problems, and 343 even nerfed some. Im just saying, I think they get the picture. We dont have to keep shoving it in their faces.

>
> What else are we supposed to say? There’s nothing to talk about because we know nothing about the game.

Didn’t they also say they were going back to their “roots” in Halo 2? and Halo 3? and ODST? and Reach?

> Didn’t they also say they were going back to their “roots” in Halo 2? and Halo 3? and ODST? and Reach?

But this is 343 now.

Do you have the link where Frankie talks about the “classic” feel of Halo 4 or whatever?

As much as I agree with your sentiment, if we don’t keep making noise, then we have a less of a chance of being heard. If Occupy Wall Street stopped after a week and figured “Yeah, we got our message across”, then nobody would care. Same thing applies here. If there was only one thread about not wanting Bloom or AAs in Halo 4, then it wouldn’t seem like a very big deal (It is, and lots of people are very passionate about that subject).

So we have to make noise. It’s the only way of getting our voices heard.

Ultimately we won’t know how amazing Halo 4 is until it comes out. That being said, everything I’ve read seen and heard so far out of 343 Industries camp has put my mind at ease and got me very excited. The fact that everything that has to do with Halo filters through one studio is awesome. We won’t get some jig-saw, half-hearted treatment of our beloved franchise.

I hope you’re right and 343 knows not to make another Reach.

> Do you have the link where Frankie talks about the “classic” feel of Halo 4 or whatever?
>
> As much as I agree with your sentiment, if we don’t keep making noise, then we have a less of a chance of being heard. If Occupy Wall Street stopped after a week and figured “Yeah, we got our message across”, then nobody would care. Same thing applies here. If there was only one thread about not wanting Bloom or AAs in Halo 4, then it wouldn’t seem like a very big deal (It is, and lots of people are very passionate about that subject).
>
> So we have to make noise. It’s the only way of getting our voices heard.

Damn straight! Duel wielding should make an appearance too! Missed that in Reach lol

I hope they are !!

I pray that you are right.

> > > telling them what “shouldnt be in Halo 4” is a waste of time.
> >
> > What else are we supposed to say? There’s nothing to talk about because we know nothing about the game.

>

LOL true.

> I keep seeing these thread debates on whether H4 should lean towards H2/H3 or Reach.

I keep seeing all these threads where people complain about the people complaining about what Halo 4 should be like.

(“Chillax” is a dumb word too.)

we can only hope that 343 treats halo right