343i is taking new looks at Halo.

I say that this isn’t a bad thing for the series. The idea of expanding beyond just an FPS makes me think of amazing possibilities. I wouldn’t mind a better halo strategy game than Halo Wars, because from an RTS fan like me. Halo Wars wasn’t all that good, the lvl maps flowed well but the lack of real tactical value of most things made it dull for me and I can’t say anything about Spartan Assault personally because i haven’t played it but i here some mixed feeling about it. So enough with the rambling.

Halo already has alot of different geners down. Thats why i say when it comes to custom games…Halo is what you want it to be.

Races, Fighting, Puzzles/Mazes, FPS, TPS(turrets and vehicles), Tower Defense, Arena Style, Zombies, RPG ( if you really want to try somethings), and what ever the mind can really create with the add of forge. Like red light green light or tag. The game has many different games in it i’m surprised it doesn’t cost more than 60 dollars…but happy.

I wouldn’t be mad if 343i announced a new Halo game about a marine before The Great Schism. Like ODST but an actually marine, they could even make it about what happened to Ghost and his platoon even with a part dedicated Baird to hand his squad of ODST’s before The HoM was hit, giving us an ODST game and a Marine game and just like Spartan Assault it could be telling stories of the past and how those people are great.

If those ideas are bad because of the no true feel of danger than make a game from Halo 4 ODST:The Initiation. Have it be about a squad of ODSTs and throughout their crazy adventure maybe someone will live and become a Spartan IV that we see later in future Halo games. We could even get a Haki game with story and gameplay dedicated to being a Covenant Commander in the Human Covenant War leading up til now. It would be good to go and see the full war from their eyes with Halo wars 2 Covenant Commander. I’m sure a large population of your fans would love to glass a world or two.

I’m just putting out some of the infinite amount of possibles. Maybe even a Halo Horror game about being some random species when the Flood first invades…just saying.

Thought?

I’ve always thought an ODST 3rd person tactical shooter would be cool. I’d imagine it having squad commands and the like.

> I’ve always thought an ODST 3rd person tactical shooter would be cool. I’d imagine it having squad commands and the like.

That would be awesome to be in full control of a squad again like republic commando.

> That would be awesome to be in full control of a squad again like republic commando.

I’ve been asking for that for years.

> > That would be awesome to be in full control of a squad again like republic commando.
>
> I’ve been asking for that for years.

You, me and about 10 million other people.

Ive been playing mass effect 3 a lot lately, and I imagine a mass effectish halo game would be awesome. 1st person or 3rd person dont matter, but being able to visit planets across the galaxy at your choosing would be amazing.

setting, dont think it would fit during the human/covenant war since the covenant kicked our -Yoink- on every planet they found, but maybe playing as a profhet or elite during duing the start of the covenant. Then we could recruit the other races, maybe find some forerunner artifacts. The covenant history has always fasinated me, and we dont have much information about it. Imagine playing throught the grunt rebellion and the taming of the hunters. Also, a game like this would possibly fit after 2552 as well :smiley:

> Ive been playing mass effect 3 a lot lately, and I imagine a mass effectish halo game would be awesome. 1st person or 3rd person dont matter, but being able to visit planets across the galaxy at your choosing would be amazing.
>
> setting, dont think it would fit during the human/covenant war since the covenant kicked our -Yoink!- on every planet they found, but maybe playing as a profhet or elite during duing the start of the covenant. Then we could recruit the other races, maybe find some forerunner artifacts. The covenant history has always fasinated me, and we dont have much information about it. Imagine playing throught the grunt rebellion and the taming of the hunters. Also, a game like this would possibly fit after 2552 as well :smiley:

I wouldn’t dare shun away an idea like this. Fighting new interesting threats to the Covenant that we as humans will never see. If i recall we humans aren’t fighting the entire Covenant just several of the species not all of them so it would be cool to see the others.

I would love to see a Halo game played through the eyes of the Covenant.
Like you mentioned.

If I’m correct, isn’t there a civil war on Sanghellios?
Maybe that could also be shown.

Another idea, might be this:
You’re playing as an Elite, and you see the Chief.
You begin chasing after him as he guns his way through your troops.
You would’ve gotten him, but the ceiling collapses in front of you.
And all you can do is listen to him slaughtering your troops.
This would emphasize how lucky Chief is.

> I would love to see a Halo game played through the eyes of the Covenant.
> Like you mentioned.
>
> If I’m correct, isn’t there a civil war on Sanghellios?
> Maybe that could also be shown.
>
> Another idea, might be this:
> You’re playing as an Elite, and you see the Chief.
> You begin chasing after him as he guns his way through your troops.
> You would’ve gotten him, but the ceiling collapses in front of you.
> And all you can do is listen to him slaughtering your troops.
> This would emphasize how lucky Chief is.

I thought of that many times. At some point that must of happened. Like being the Elite who had the shoot to kill MC but some random event stops him. Also with the War on Sangheilios it would be the perfect segue way to showing the full length of the Sangheili, females, Kiadons children and maybe even pets. It would even be good to play the Role of a Female Sangheili who is tired of a Thel and telcam waging war and starts up her own crew. 343i is ignoring an entire universe, them neglecting the other species is like what if Mass Effect never let you have alien allies.