343i is Drowning and Needs Help!

I am extremely worried about what is going on at 343 and I feel like someone needs to step in and get it all straightened out. Think about it

• 2012 = Halo 4. This was a pretty good story with a great sound track. Players didn’t love MP but over all was a good game - 2014 = MCC. This was a trash fire at launch, and continued to be for many years. To their credit, it seems to be in great place now, but at the cost of what? - 2015 = Halo 5. Maybe the best playing Halo of all, but the story was not what it was built up to be, and you got to play as the Chief for 3 whole missions? WTF mate? Oh yeah, and it was missing features and game modes at launch. - 2017 = Halo Wars 2. I think this game is great and vastly under appreciated! - 20?? = Multiple mobile top down shooters? - 20?? = A VR experiene? - 20?? = Fireteam Raven…an arcade game? - 20?? = A traveling Halo experience?? - 2021 = Halo Infinite. They have had to delay the game a full year, leaked their entire story, still won’t get the whole game out at launch, and are the most opaque transparent company of all time with no roadmap to speak of, no release date other than “Holiday 2021”, no marketing to speak of (and it is almost September). Let’s face it, this game isn’t ready. They are scrambling to get MP done in time, campaign will be missing co-op at launch, a feature that to me, is a hallmark of the Halo franchise, Forge will be missing for up to 6 months… My complaint isn’t so much that the new game is going to be missing those specific features as much as it is that they have barely put out a complete experience at launch since their first offering in Halo 4? They are spread out all over the place with all of the different projects have been working on since Halo 5 and it feels like they need some focus. I get that a lot of that is “building the brand” and that it isn’t one team trying to do it all, but the leadership has to be spread thin, which oddly enough, seems to be what they are missing. They managed ONE new first person shooter on the Xbox One…JUST ONE!! I do not count Infinite as an Xbox One game because that is intended to be a next gen game that ended up on the old system as a make good. The Xbox 360 was able to produce Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4 as NEW games. That doesn’t even include Halo CE Anniversary and Halo Wars.

Halo still has a lot going for it, and Infinite may be the greatest game ever, but I believe 343 still needs to focus on complete games that the masses can play and not one off experiences.

I’d say at this point we can’t be certain what shape the game is, everything is pure speculation based on missing coop and forge at launch. As far as we could know Halo Infinite’s campaign and other features could be complete minus just coop and forge. Its hard to say it’s a complete mess at this point based off those things, but that is my hope.

> 2716233525270987;1:
> I am extremely worried about what is going on at 343 and I feel like someone needs to step in and get it all straightened out. Think about it
> - 2012 = Halo 4. This was a pretty good story with a great sound track. Players didn’t love MP but over all was a good game - 2014 = MCC. This was a trash fire at launch, and continued to be for many years. To their credit, it seems to be in great place now, but at the cost of what? - 2015 = Halo 5. Maybe the best playing Halo of all, but the story was not what it was built up to be, and you got to play as the Chief for 3 whole missions? WTF mate? Oh yeah, and it was missing features and game modes at launch. - 2017 = Halo Wars 2. I think this game is great and vastly under appreciated! - 20?? = Multiple mobile top down shooters? - 20?? = A VR experiene? - 20?? = Fireteam Raven…an arcade game? - 20?? = A traveling Halo experience?? - 2021 = Halo Infinite. They have had to delay the game a full year, leaked their entire story, still won’t get the whole game out at launch, and are the most opaque transparent company of all time with no roadmap to speak of, no release date other than “Holiday 2021”, no marketing to speak of (and it is almost September).Let’s face it, this game isn’t ready. They are scrambling to get MP done in time, campaign will be missing co-op at launch, a feature that to me, is a hallmark of the Halo franchise, Forge will be missing for up to 6 months… My complaint isn’t so much that the new game is going to be missing those specific features as much as it is that they have barely put out a complete experience at launch since their first offering in Halo 4? They are spread out all over the place with all of the different projects have been working on since Halo 5 and it feels like they need some focus. I get that a lot of that is “building the brand” and that it isn’t one team trying to do it all, but the leadership has to be spread thin, which oddly enough, seems to be what they are missing. They managed ONE new first person shooter on the Xbox One…JUST ONE!! I do not count Infinite as an Xbox One game because that is intended to be a next gen game that ended up on the old system as a make good. The Xbox 360 was able to produce Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4 as NEW games. That doesn’t even include Halo CE Anniversary and Halo Wars.
>
> Halo still has a lot going for it, and Infinite may be the greatest game ever, but I believe 343 still needs to focus on complete games that the masses can play and not one off experiences.

I agree, and I see this as very sympathetic to 343’s plight. They really need more time to make this game as good as it can be, and I will happily give it to them. Many people agree. They really have had a hard time, and I don’t think they should release this game until it’s ready. Perhaps the lack of marketing is a sign they’re considering that…

My concern is that because of the bad quality of the world reveal, the bad press and now missing features and releasing despite saying they wouldn’t until it was ready, I think it will hit sales and let’s face it, it has NEVER been a casual pick up and play game like Warzone so I don’t think they will make as much $ through the micro transactions and so the team and support will be slimmed down and prob be the last new Halo game