343i, If you have a Beta for the next Halo Game...

Please listen to the people who have been playing this game for the last 10 years and have video gaming background and knowledge.

People who started playing Halo with Halo 3 or Reach have no idea how this game used to be played or how video games work in general

Bungie failed and listened to the wrong people in the feedback and they ruined the game. I gave over 50 points during the Beta phase to Bungie on what to fix and none of them were acknowledged. Instead they listened to the “newbies” with the bad ideas. Now the “newbies” are crying how bad Reach is and it’s their own fault!

If you have a Beta, I will once again give my points to you. May be I should just apply for a job with you instead.

Listening to your die hard Halo fans (10 years of playing) is vital for this next games success.

I’ve been playing for 10 years.

I gave my input during the beta.

I feel like I was listened to, and I like Reach.

I think I invalidate your post.

> I’ve been playing for 10 years.
>
> I gave my input during the beta.
>
> I feel like I was listened to, and I like Reach.
>
> I think I invalidate your post.

Not really.

> I’ve been playing for 10 years.
>
> I gave my input during the beta.
>
> I feel like I was listened to, and I like Reach.
>
> I think I invalidate your post.

I agree but I also agree with the OP Bungie listened to more no0bs than veterans when Halo: Reach was in development and now they ignore everyone.

all of the people some of the time, and all that…

ive been playing since CE came out, Halo is always the best! But, yes I think they need to do this listen to both type of players. That way you can have a happy medium where it is still a competitive game but not to overly competitve where the newer younger players can learn the game but, not to loose in which anyone can be the highest rankn yet uterly stink at the game.

> > I’ve been playing for 10 years.
> >
> > I gave my input during the beta.
> >
> > I feel like I was listened to, and I like Reach.
> >
> > I think I invalidate your post.
>
> I agree but I also agree with the OP Bungie listened to more no0bs than veterans when Halo: Reach was in development and now they ignore everyone.

Bungie wanted to create something new and break away from the classic “Halo” experience.

> > > I’ve been playing for 10 years.
> > >
> > > I gave my input during the beta.
> > >
> > > I feel like I was listened to, and I like Reach.
> > >
> > > I think I invalidate your post.
> >
> > I agree but I also agree with the OP Bungie listened to more no0bs than veterans when Halo: Reach was in development and now they ignore everyone.
>
> Bungie wanted to create something new and break away from the classic “Halo” experience.

That’s where they went wrong. It was pretty much a big middle finger to Microsoft. Hopefully 343i will listen to the TRUE Veterans of Halo.

I’m having a CE/H2 LAN this coming weekend, all are invited :slight_smile:

> Hopefully 343i will listen to the TRUE Veterans of Halo.

I guess you get to decide who the “TRUE” vets are?

Two things.

You are completely off you rocker for accusing a game developer, who from the get go said they were doing something different, for not listening to their long time fans because the overall result was to their (developer) intended vision.

Second, there is a playlist for everybody. The custom settings and Forge allow for some very interesting and fun gametypes. That IS Halo. The ability to customise your experience to your liking within the confines of the developer’s vision.

Ok 3 things. I’ve been playing Bungie games since probably before you were born. I’ve been playing Halo since 1 month after its release 10 years ago. Does that give me more say than you? Personally, that kind of blanket experience talk is worthless.

im a halo fan and i enjoy reach i think its a great game. seriously the only thing that buggs me is the AA’s i liked it better when they where triangles on the floor youd have to go to. Also i miss the epic vehicle fights in the previous games now dmrs and sniper rifles and armor lock just ruin this experience, though i can say that recently i have used the warthog alot with my friend it gets fun :D. The last thing i miss is the ranking sytem for halo 2. other thaN THAT ITS A GREAT GAME.

And now we’re one of “THOSE” threads.

Awesome.

Reach turned out to be a pretty good game for me. Gameplay wise the game felt smooth and fun to play. With the addition of armor abilities it made me have a like-dislike opinion of them. In Big Team Battle or invasion they are very fun to use but, while in a more smaller play area they felt as if they were too much. The load-out thing is also a touchy subject for me. It would be good to import this into the new Halo but, matchmaking wise only put it in for things like invasion. For custom games it is a great tool to have. Halo Reach is fun but, if you tone it down and tone it up in the right places it could be way better.

In my opinion I think while building the new Halo they should probably make good enough room to change the game if needed post launch because there is usually only one beta and people don’t realize what they like in the game or what they don’t like in the span of two weeks. Maybe from insufficient time to take a proper analysis or was to excited playing the beta to even take analysis of do you think this will be fun for long. I for one admit that I didn’t take much analysis on the gameplay because I was too siched(however you spell it) playing THE BETA!! :D.

If 343 does hold a beta I will take time to focus of what I like or what I do not like and make sure I give my opinion the best I can.

Other then gameplay, I do advise 343 to try to stay close to “The Basic Three Acts” story telling. It worked well in Halo 1, 2 and 3. Halo: Reach’s story telling was alright to me but, in Reach I kept getting the “Wait, how’d I get here, why I’m I here” moments on my first play through.

It’s a very tough thing to, pleasing everybody. Actually, it’s impossible. I have complete faith in Microsoft/343/Bungie to test various data groups with all sorts or variables to make this game the best it can be.

Halo has to cater to the masses, while retaining some of the original flavor that it’s creators want to contribute to the game.

Believe me when I say many, many, people were incorporated into their testing process. Males, females, teens, adults, gamers, casuals, pros, n00bs, and probably more variables. Not to mention that the team creating it has tested the crap out of it. In the end, they shipped the game they felt would cater best to their target audience, which is a lot bigger than the niche group that frequents forums, makes posts online, or voices their opinion in a setting such as this.

Don’t think your views are not heard, understood, or important, because they are. Bungie listens. As does the team at 343/Microsoft. You may not see it, but believe me when I say they’re there, feverishly working to make the best experience possible.

There are more things going into this user research than just consumer input. While I’m not 100% sure what other tools are used, I can take a guess and say they have a plethora of data constantly pouring in showing game completion, weapon choice, death/kill locations, average time alive, and who knows what else. All these things are accounted for and incorporated into their creations.

In no way am I trying to negate your point, because again it is a good point. It’s tough to believe that your ideas are being heard when you don’t hear back from a company, or don’t see exactly what you wanted implemented in a game. But again, they listen. There are just a lot of different ways they go about it!

yes i agree the game is very good and plays smooth, i could care less what fun u get out of the game, the reason o got the game was cause im a loyal halo fan and i want to have fun playing the best fps shooter series, stop worrying about 343 they can handle it! I just say lets get a happy medium, so u “Vets” and those u call “noobs” can be happy, I play for my enjoyment of the game, cause when it comes down to it that is the sole purpose of the game, not to worry why your K/D fell .1. The game is good and no matter what game you play your not going to find something you like. Is it not better than COD. the only time you have to worry for Halo is when COD becomes more Fare multiplayer Wise then Halo. When that happens were in trouble. But, right now freinds their is nothing to worry about.
Sorry, for my rambaling.

> It’s a very tough thing to, pleasing everybody. Actually, it’s impossible. I have complete faith in Microsoft/343/Bungie to test various data groups with all sorts or variables to make this game the best it can be.
>
> Halo has to cater to the masses, while retaining some of the original flavor that it’s creators want to contribute to the game.
>
> Believe me when I say many, many, people were incorporated into their testing process. Males, females, teens, adults, gamers, casuals, pros, n00bs, and probably more variables. Not to mention that the team creating it has tested the crap out of it. In the end, they shipped the game they felt would cater best to their target audience, which is a lot bigger than the niche group that frequents forums, makes posts online, or voices their opinion in a setting such as this.
>
> Don’t think your views are not heard, understood, or important, because they are. Bungie listens. As does the team at 343/Microsoft. You may not see it, but believe me when I say they’re there, feverishly working to make the best experience possible.
>
> There are more things going into this user research than just consumer input. While I’m not 100% sure what other tools are used, I can take a guess and say they have a plethora of data constantly pouring in showing game completion, weapon choice, death/kill locations, average time alive, and who knows what else. All these things are accounted for and incorporated into their creations.
>
> In no way am I trying to negate your point, because again it is a good point. It’s tough to believe that your ideas are being heard when you don’t hear back from a company, or don’t see exactly what you wanted implemented in a game. But again, they listen. There are just a lot of different ways they go about it!

the thread should just end here >.> lol.

Also not to un validate your guys post, the companies listen me and my freinds came up with this idea to expand multi-team and we had all these things completed game modes and what not and we are shure they listened because around that time of postings these the next few weeks we gained alot of popularity and tey updated multi-team so we like to believe that our ideas did something to help that. It may have not but, it may have. :slight_smile:

Go Halo and 343i!

> Reach turned out to be a pretty good game for me. Gameplay wise the game felt smooth and fun to play. With the addition of armor abilities it made me have a like-dislike opinion of them. In Big Team Battle or invasion they are very fun to use but, while in a more smaller play area they felt as if they were too much. The load-out thing is also a touchy subject for me. It would be good to import this into the new Halo but, matchmaking wise only put it in for things like invasion. For custom games it is a great tool to have. Halo Reach is fun but, if you tone it down and tone it up in the right places it could be way better.
>
> In my opinion I think while building the new Halo they should probably make good enough room to change the game if needed post launch because there is usually only one beta and people don’t realize what they like in the game or what they don’t like in the span of two weeks. Maybe from insufficient time to take a proper analysis or was to excited playing the beta to even take analysis of do you think this will be fun for long. I for one admit that I didn’t take much analysis on the gameplay because I was too siched(however you spell it) playing THE BETA!! :D.
>
> If 343 does hold a beta I will take time to focus of what I like or what I do not like and make sure I give my opinion the best I can.
>
> Other then gameplay, I do advise 343 to try to stay close to “The Basic Three Acts” story telling. It worked well in Halo 1, 2 and 3. Halo: Reach’s story telling was alright to me but, in Reach I kept getting the “Wait, how’d I get here, why I’m I here” moments on my first play through.

I have to agree with you Novak. Some people buy halo because they are a loyal fan. But most buy it because they know they will like it. And 343i is suppose to be that bridge to fun, hard-core, and halo.

I didn’t know there was forums last year because I never went onto the site. But this time I will make sure to do a good analysis of the Beta next time. I hope that when there is a beta that it is around school break because I don’t have the time to play during school days. But other than that I will try to make sure I catch anything that is bad.

> > I’ve been playing for 10 years.
> >
> > I gave my input during the beta.
> >
> > I feel like I was listened to, and I like Reach.
> >
> > I think I invalidate your post.
>
> You know, one thing to keep in mind is that every Halo fan would have been pleased with a fresh take on the golden triangle of weapons, grenades and melee. Reach has evidently deterred hundereds of thousands of fans from the franchise with its new gameplay features.
>
> Simple fact:
>
> Keep traditional Halo gameplay = Everyone is happy
>
> Reinvent Halo gameplay = Only a portion of people are happy
>
> Which did Reach do? The latter.

uhm, thanks for awkwardly coming back to my post…

But how is your point “fact”.

How did you prove that any of what you’re saying is the case?

What you have are a couple of situations where:

1.) A vocal minority doesn’t like this game.
2.) Halo’s XBL population has gone down.

But to assume that these things are actually linked? You can’t do that without REAL research, which you and no one else has actually done.