343i = Huge Fans of Halo

Having read many articles and interviews that state 343i’s status as an internal studio largely built of Halo fans. Well, they’re huge fans, right? And so are we, here, on the forums.

So, knowing that 343i are huge Halo fans, and we’re huge halo fans, can we expect them to follow our hopes for Halo 4?

What do you expect out of Halo 4 from a game company that have been given the status as huge Halo fans??

I expect a fairly “pure” halo game. I mean they rejected gameplay mechanics simply because they weren’t “halo” enough, even if they actually worked.

I am waiting till Halo 4 comes out to pass judgement on 343. Just because they are Halo fans doesn’t mean that they are any more/less skilled at creating a Halo game.

> I am waiting till Halo 4 comes out to pass judgement on 343. Just because they are Halo fans doesn’t mean that they are any more/less skilled at creating a Halo game.

I wasn’t talking about how skilled they are. Rather, I question the type of Halo game the will create, considering they’re huge fans of the series, similar to us.

I have complete faith in 343i; Halo 4 is gonna be amazing.

They are Halo fans true, but are not cut from the same cloth as some of the fanatics here. You don’t get to work for 343i for loving all things Halo, you actually have to…wait for it… gasp criticize the series as well. That and having the skillset required to work in the gaming industry (doubly true for a triple AAA title such as Halo).

However, i wouldn’t expect 343i to listen to EVERYTHING on the forums and they shouldn’t since the Halo fanbase is notorious for being spoiled and fickle to the point of absurdity. It’s good to get user feedback but this is only one arm, one extension which the company gathers data from. It’s quite arrogant to suggest that forums (including this one) alone represent the entire fanbase when the opposite quite true (since not every player visits or even cares about using the forum as an outlet to voice their opinions and concerns.) It’s a tool to reach (pun not intended) out to players but one that should not be overly relied upon when it comes to making great games. The fans need to know it’s they, not us that have the credentials and experience (they have a ton of talent for Halo 4 from all sorts of gaming studios btw) to make games. Our role is provide feedback and expecting anymore from that is just asking to be disappointed by the next product/game/book etc.

The latest Aliens versus Predator movie was made by hardcore fans… think about it…

> Having read many articles and interviews that state 343i’s status as an internal studio largely built of Halo fans. Well, they’re huge fans, right? And so are we, here, on the forums.
>
> So, knowing that 343i are huge Halo fans, and we’re huge halo fans, can we expect them to follow our hopes for Halo 4?
>
> What do you expect out of Halo 4 from a game company that have been given the status as huge Halo fans??

Meh. I don’t expect much ever since the updates kicked in.

My expectations are low, not really feeling the Halo sense.

But, on the bright side…a new Halo game.
[Even though it breaks the release cycle of Halo]