343i has everything under control

If their contiant fight to better their game isn’t enough for some people,those some people should go play other games. I’m currently downloading the new map pack. Yes i have LE, and yes there was a glitch which i wasn’t able o download it, but for real there were on top of it in a matter of hours. Some companies might have taken days.
Thank you 343i. You have my trust.

> If their contiant fight to better their game isn’t enough for some people,those some people should go play other games. I’m currently downloading the new map pack. Yes i have LE, and yes there was a glitch which i wasn’t able o download it, but for real there were on top of it in a matter of hours. Some companies might have taken days.
> Thank you 343i. You have my trust.

Apparently the Crimson Map Pack is a free download for everybody right now.

Nice post KING CrapHead

Some companies won’t make some customers pay for something and then give that same thing away for free to other customers.

Sad to see they can fix the DLC then and there same thing can’t be said for the beloved File sharing system.

> If their contiant fight to better their game isn’t enough for some people,those some people should go play other games. I’m currently downloading the new map pack. Yes i have LE, and yes there was a glitch which i wasn’t able o download it, but for real there were on top of it in a matter of hours. Some companies might have taken days.
> Thank you 343i. You have my trust.

I don’t. I bought Limited Edition, and everything in it has become free to the public. Payed for pretty much a notebook.

Should learn next time to pay for normal edition or better yet pirate it.

> Some companies won’t make some customers pay for something and then give that same thing away for free to other customers.

Some companies make you pay for online passes, so I suggest you be grateful they didn’t take that approach. 343i never promised exclusivity for in-game material. Be glad you have a one of a kind box, and extra lore, that deepens the universe.

You sir have won best name ever. All hail the KING.

> > Some companies won’t make some customers pay for something and then give that same thing away for free to other customers.
>
> Some companies make you pay for online passes, so I suggest you be grateful they didn’t take that approach. 343i never promised exclusivity for in-game material. Be glad you have a one of a kind box, and extra lore, that deepens the universe.

You mean the extra lore they created that is complete crap to the original so they could milk the franchise for more $$$$ and people like yourself would think themselves privileged and buy it? Well played sir, well played.

> You sir have won best name ever. All hail the KING.

Thank you sir. You just the best person ever award. :slight_smile:

Has there ever been such a big mess up in game history?

Why is everything about money to people these day. SO WHAT. You make it sound like there whole goal in life is to steal your money…It’s called capitalism, which you means you have the freedom to not buy the item. I don’t believe there goal was to milk the franchise to make money. I think they love the game as much as we do and possibly even more when they go to school for creating video games, to make the very game that has shaped gaming.

IF your argument is about money, leave you complaints at the door and discuss real topics.

Glad they were able to fix the issue so quickly, I’m not sure about the map pack being free for everyone though since I own LE.

> Has there ever been such a big mess up in game history?

Nope. The 8 hour delay in allowing you to download maps is DEFINITELY way bigger than the playstation network being down for over a week.

Or Sony removing the ability to load other OS’s on PS3s without notice…
Or all of the PC issues with Ubisoft DRM.
Or…or…or.

This isn’t even a blip on the radar for huge gaming mess ups. Have some perspective please.

Patience, appreciation, and criticism are not mutually exclusive. I love this game. I appreciate it. And I am patient in the wait for their efforts to improve it.

This does not preclude me from also being critical of things they have done, or failed to do, however. We do not “owe” companies our praise, patience, and admiration. We can choose to give it if we wish (and I do in this case, with one or two caveats,) but once we pay money for a product, or fulfill the requirements for a written or verbally agreed promotional offer, then they have an obligation to us. Not the other way around. We already gave them our faith and appreciation by giving them our money. Now it’s up to them to deliver.

So far, at least by my standards, they are… and they aren’t. I love the game. It’s my favorite Halo game since CE, which is saying a lot. I play the game nightly, and it’s a blast. The campaign is awesome, Spartan Ops is very replayable and enjoyable, etc. etc. Nevertheless, there have been a ton of missteps, and customer support in particular has been troublesome and insufficient at times.

Many of the issues plaguing Halo 4 are symptoms of worsening industry standards in terms of customer treatment, and are by no means limited to this game. But people still have every right to be frustrated by them and to say so. As in any other consumer-oriented industry.

> Patience, appreciation, and criticism are not mutually exclusive. I love this game. I appreciate it. And I am patient in the wait for their efforts to improve it.
>
> This does not preclude me from also being critical of things they have done, or failed to do, however. We do not “owe” companies our praise, patience, and admiration. We can choose to give it if we wish (and I do in this case, with one or two caveats,) but once we pay money for a product, or fulfill the requirements for a written or verbally agreed promotional offer, then they have an obligation to us. Not the other way around. We already gave them our faith and appreciation by giving them our money. Now it’s up to them to deliver.
>
> So far, at least by my standards, they are… and they aren’t. I love the game. It’s my favorite Halo game since CE, which is saying a lot. I play the game nightly, and it’s a blast. The campaign is awesome, Spartan Ops is very replayable and enjoyable, etc. etc. Nevertheless, there have been a ton of missteps, and customer support in particular has been troublesome and insufficient at times.
>
> Many of the issues plaguing Halo 4 are symptoms of worsening industry standards in terms of customer treatment, and are by no means limited to this game. But people still have every right to be frustrated by them and to say so. As in any other consumer-oriented industry.

The only thing i will respond to is the last part because everything I do agree with you on.:
This is 343’s first game so I think we give them a little credit for doing something awesome with Halo