343i had so much promise!

I was just looking up some of the talent behind 343i

Kynan Pearson , level designer on the Metroid Prime franchise

Jason Behr (senior designer at Nintendo Software Technologies and Monolith Productions

Kynan Pearson especially grabbed my attention. The metroid prime franchise was awesome. An example of superb level design and superb single player design. Not like these new short, linear, scripted campaigns (cough cough COD, and now Halo 4).

I think it would have been awesome if some of these people brought in ideas from their old projects into halo. Or, they could have even brought some new, innovative ideas, since they seem to have the talent to do so. A halo game with some Metroid elements, such as platforming, puzzles, exploration would be awesome. If the company wants to change a franchise they should evolve it by making the level design deeper, with more elements. Not simpler and more linear

Halo 4 played it extremely safe in terms of the campaign, especially considering the talent behind it. I hate to bring up COD, but black ops 2 at least tried to change things up a little with alternate endings/strike force missions. I just wish Halo 4 was a little more creative with new ideas. (not saying its a bad game).

uhhh…bump?

This franchise is an FPS. If it where any other genre then creativity and change would be in every game. But since it is an FPS we have to baby the match making crowd. Remember the story and universe do not make halo no its the non changes to matchmaking multiplayer. It is really sad that this franchise is held back. At least there is books :smiley:

> I was just looking up some of the talent behind 343i
>
> Kynan Pearson , level designer on the Metroid Prime franchise
>
> Jason Behr (senior designer at Nintendo Software Technologies and Monolith Productions
>
> Kynan Pearson especially grabbed my attention. The metroid prime franchise was awesome. An example of superb level design and superb single player design. Not like these new short, linear, scripted campaigns (cough cough COD, and now Halo 4).
>
> I think it would have been awesome if some of these people brought in ideas from their old projects into halo. Or, they could have even brought some new, innovative ideas, since they seem to have the talent to do so. A halo game with some Metroid elements, such as platforming, puzzles, exploration would be awesome. If the company wants to change a franchise they should evolve it by making the level design deeper, with more elements. Not simpler and more linear
>
> Halo 4 played it extremely safe in terms of the campaign, especially considering the talent behind it. I hate to bring up COD, but black ops 2 at least tried to change things up a little with alternate endings/strike force missions. I just wish Halo 4 was a little more creative with new ideas. (not saying its a bad game).

343i is OWNED by Microsoft and Microsoft has final say over everything.

> I was just looking up some of the talent behind 343i
>
> Kynan Pearson , level designer on the Metroid Prime franchise
>
> Jason Behr (senior designer at Nintendo Software Technologies and Monolith Productions
>
> Kynan Pearson especially grabbed my attention. The metroid prime franchise was awesome. An example of superb level design and superb single player design. Not like these new short, linear, scripted campaigns (cough cough COD, and now Halo 4).
>
> I think it would have been awesome if some of these people brought in ideas from their old projects into halo. Or, they could have even brought some new, innovative ideas, since they seem to have the talent to do so. A halo game with some Metroid elements, such as platforming, puzzles, exploration would be awesome. If the company wants to change a franchise they should evolve it by making the level design deeper, with more elements. Not simpler and more linear
>
> Halo 4 played it extremely safe in terms of the campaign, especially considering the talent behind it. I hate to bring up COD, but black ops 2 at least tried to change things up a little with alternate endings/strike force missions. I just wish <mark>Halo 4 was a little more creative</mark> with <mark>new ideas</mark>. (not saying its a bad game).

I guess making a whole new triology to continue master chiefs story doesnt count as

“New” or “Creative”.

This isnt Halo: Metroid Adventure

Its Halo…dont get it confused or want it to become a different game.

> > I was just looking up some of the talent behind 343i
> >
> > Kynan Pearson , level designer on the Metroid Prime franchise
> >
> > Jason Behr (senior designer at Nintendo Software Technologies and Monolith Productions
> >
> > Kynan Pearson especially grabbed my attention. The metroid prime franchise was awesome. An example of superb level design and superb single player design. Not like these new short, linear, scripted campaigns (cough cough COD, and now Halo 4).
> >
> > I think it would have been awesome if some of these people brought in ideas from their old projects into halo. Or, they could have even brought some new, innovative ideas, since they seem to have the talent to do so. A halo game with some Metroid elements, such as platforming, puzzles, exploration would be awesome. If the company wants to change a franchise they should evolve it by making the level design deeper, with more elements. Not simpler and more linear
> >
> > Halo 4 played it extremely safe in terms of the campaign, especially considering the talent behind it. I hate to bring up COD, but black ops 2 at least tried to change things up a little with alternate endings/strike force missions. I just wish <mark>Halo 4 was a little more creative</mark> with <mark>new ideas</mark>. (not saying its a bad game).
>
> I guess making a whole new triology to continue master chiefs story doesnt count as
>
> “New” or “Creative”.
>
> This isnt Halo: Metroid Adventure
>
>
> Its Halo…dont get it confused or want it to become a different game.

How much freedom does 343i have with this fanbase? Tell can 343i test out new ideas and try new things? LOL no they can’t you see a majority of this fanbase only plays halo for the multiplayer. And you see on these forums, heck even bungies when when you make a few or even minor changes. No one said it had to be halo metroid but at least metroid, sonic, mario and other game franchise can and new stuff and innovate there franchise.

Making a new trilogy telling a new story does not count for new things in game. They could of just made a book. No halo is like cod if they try to move the series forward in game play and change it the multiplayer crowd will cry. So the moral of the story is that Halo will not be changing all that much and once halo 6 is out and matchmaking is over for the whole series, the true fan base will will be smaller than the current (only play for matchmaking) one we have.

I hate to say this but its the truth and don’t get me wrong I love halo. I have them all and replay both campaign and multiplayer on the older one. Ya I still play halo 1 and 2 with friend local. Its sad to think the only time halo 2 gets mentioned is for its matchmaking. Whats funny is the game is still fun to play regardless. I do this as a clutch to the fanbase, because if this were any other game like sonic or mega man. I would have people arguing with me about what better sonic 2 or sonic 3, and the people that would be arguing would of just played it. But with halo only a small percentage have this mindset. And this will be the ultimate test to see how long halo will really last.

> How much freedom does 343i have with this fanbase? Tell can 343i test out new ideas and try new things? LOL no they can’t you see a majority of this fanbase only plays halo for the multiplayer. And you see on these forums, heck even bungies when when you make a few or even minor changes. No one said it had to be halo metroid but at least metroid, sonic, mario and other game franchise can and new stuff and innovate there franchise.
>
> Making a new trilogy telling a new story does not count for new things in game. They could of just made a book. No halo is like cod if they try to move the series forward in game play and change it the multiplayer crowd will cry. So the moral of the story is that Halo will not be changing all that much and once halo 6 is out and matchmaking is over for the whole series, the true fan base will will be smaller than the current (only play for matchmaking) one we have.
>
> I hate to say this but its the truth and don’t get me wrong I love halo. I have them all and replay both campaign and multiplayer on the older one. Ya I still play halo 1 and 2 with friend local. Its sad to think the only time halo 2 gets mentioned is for its matchmaking. Whats funny is the game is still fun to play regardless. I do this as a clutch to the fanbase, because if this were any other game like sonic or mega man. I would have people arguing with me about what better sonic 2 or sonic 3, and the people that would be arguing would of just played it. But with halo only a small percentage have this mindset. And this will be the ultimate test to see how long halo will really last.

Such a limeted view. Did it ever occur to you that someone could love both the story and the matchmaking.

You talk about no change or innovation, but for many of us there has been too much of that. You want your little carebear RP experience to be varied. So what! You have other games for that. What the hardcore MM players had to endure was like the rules of soccer changing, the pitch made circular, and the nets widened by 30 foot!