343I Fix "Halo": Reach Please! -Thanks

(POST AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU COUNTER MY THOUGHTS [does not include if you don’t completely agree as i am speaking to people who 100% disagree and believe the game is perfect]ESPECIALLY IF IT IS STUPID AND MAKES NO SENSE, YOU MUST BACK UP YOUR RESPONSE)
TL;DR at bottom

Now now, I know there have been MANY, MANY, MANY threads about this subject and I just heard about this forum about 2 hours ago. I know this is probably going to be implemented already OR not at all completely. ( who knows, 343 might leave it as is ):slight_smile:

This forum speaks very professionally instead of trolling and insulting/criticizing each other. Fix this game please! Sage just had to try and merge this game with Shadow Run and practically make it Shadow Run 1.5. Don’t leave us in the dirt.

<strong>BLOOMING RETICLE: What was Bungie thinking? Sure other Halos had this but not this dramatic and not this annoying. I want to play the simple shooter that took skill and not luck. Not to mention what a way to completely throw it into the typical shooter box. If bloom MUST be in the game for a completely stupid reason, at least make it extend 100% and retract 100% more. Not to mention, make the shots only hit around the edges of the moving reticle or circle, not in the center.</strong>

<strong>ARMOR LOCK: Okay, this AA has royally PISSED me off so many times (I mad BRO!) It is the only Armor Ability that has MULTIPLE uses that are GAME BREAKING to say the least. A 6 second pause button? A vehicle destroyer. An explosive redirector/destroyer? An EMP’er that counters close quarters weapons/people that melee? Recharges shields/distractions/lets teammates catch up/360 view? How about all of the above? Seriously, I hope this gets blammed or something but, what the Yoink! were they thinking?Instead of punishing a player they reward them with easy kills with this thing!</strong>

<strong>How about making it 4 seconds and the EMP begins when you pound your fist, not afterwards. Not to mention getting a cramp of some sort so that it takes about a second or two to get out of armor lock, so you cannot counter close range weapons/melee’rs. Also, fix the annoying immunity after you’re out of armor lock.</strong>

<strong>GRENA – ERR, MINI NUKES: This is something 343 must address. Sure they were THIS powerful back in CE, but the fuse was way longer, which to the trained coordinated player, could move out of the way with minor damage, plus they bounced more.</strong>

<strong>How about lowering damage and increasing the fuse. Or pretty much put back halo 3’s greandes, those were awesome.</strong>

<strong>DOUBLE BEAT-DOWNS: Halo 3’s was amazing, why change it? Sure same old same old, but it worked perfectly. it BLED through shields just like ALL melee weapons should (knife,sword,PUNCH) but it doesn’t . Not to mention all Spartans have a twitchy Yoink! arm and can melee extremely fast. it is pretty much saying, "run at me, instead of trying to shoot me like I’m doing just hit me twice, those bullets won’t count as melee won’t count them.</strong>

<strong>Increase melee times by roughly 0.5 seconds or 1 second and make it bleed through shields!</strong>

<strong>Yoink! Yoink! INATIONS: The reason I split Yoink! twice is because while performing one, everyone becomes an Yoink! and yoinks my kill. How about making the Yoink! Yoink! ination register as soon as I start the little cutscene, it was put as a luxury, why should I have to look around to make sure none of my teammates are looking.</strong>

<strong>RANKING SYSTEM: First, don’t revive old threads that say SOMETHING about this, all they say is that they want it fixed. (halo 3 one) This ranking system is horrifying, I am being paired up with people that are just terrible. Skill and RANK doesn’t matter anymore. no matter how good I am, I get paired up by terrible people whom, hog power weapons and betray teammates for them. Commit suicide for fun and don’t care about winning as a whole.</strong>

<strong><strong>This is why they are being such jerks. With the old winning system, good players were met at higher levels, with a rough start at beginning levels. So at higher levels people tried to win, assists and “yoinks” didn’t matter because you thought “hey, at least we’re going to win this” and that guy that got the power weapon says “good luck man, get some kills with that for victory”. Now it is full of K/D whores who just want to have all kills for themselves and don’t care about winning, and guess what this game is starting to look like. It rhymes with c**k of doody. Don’t come at me with this Arena BS either because ARENA is worse than Halo 3’s system of flaws. Not to mention that there are always mistakes, it was de ranking and boosting in 3 and in reach credit boosting/normal boosting/AFK boosting.</strong></strong>

<strong><strong>____________________________________________</strong></strong>

<strong>CAMPAIGN: I know this cannot be changed heck, even all of this might not happen, but I just think that this was one of the worst campaigns ever in Halo. Sure , it was cool knowing you were in a suicide mission, but you felt like you weren’t part of it. There is a large scale battle going on and you, a HIGH RANKING spartan are told to break Covenant radios in New Alexandria? Also, what the hell is with the character design?! I didn’t care if the fat man blew up, Kat should have stayed in the kitchen and learned how to drive, Carter, the “leader” rammed into a scarab, or if Emile forgot to look at his radar. They looked like they were there because they had to be there and were more like dummies for the Covenant to beat on. I didn’t care because of no background story…</strong>

<strong>I just said this so 343 doesn’t do the same mistake &gt;.&lt;</strong>

<strong><strong>____________________________________________________________</strong></strong>

<strong>TL;DR: Double beat-down time should be increased by roughly 0.5 secs to 1 sec. grenades should have longer fuse or reduced damage like Halo 3’s grenades. Assassinations should register when I begin it, to avoid annoying yoinks. Blooming should be 100% increased circle size and 100% faster revert back to normal and the shots should go around edges and out of enlarging/smaller circle.Campaign was dull and boring. AL is overpowered because of its abused attributes and gayness (hard to explain lol.) ranking system is not competative and Arena is BS!</strong>

I would definitely be in favor of this.

I agree with this post.

Agree to ,but only time will tell!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGItn8JCz0

Make the DMR more of a pro weapon and less of a nooby lucky spammer weapon by taking the random factor away.

Make the grenades like the H2 grenades, 1 frag direct impact leaves you with blue health and no shields, and a plasma grenade that blew up by your feet leaves you with 3 red bars only, plasma sticks still result in a instant death.

Remove plasma grenade shedding and make you come out one shot every time from armor lock.

Make melee damage 75% by default or go back to melee bleedtrough.

I hope 343i fixes those, that way this game will cater to more people.

This was posted by another user, but I just borrowed what he said.

BLOOMING RETICLE:
ARMOR LOCK

I agree that Bloom hasn’t been done properly and that players should be pacing their shots but they aren’t.I also agree that AL has significant problems. The EMP charge can be abused at CQC just like it was in the Beta, the reason it got nerfed in the first place, to cheese melee kills. Waiting for 5 seconds so a guy can die again is annoying. And frosting just gives too many benefits to the person using AL.

GRENA – ERR, MINI NUKES

During the Beta Bungie told us that grenade damage was the same as it was in H3. The biggest changes that have made grenades more powerful are what people have said before: Movement speed. But I also suspect bleed through on grenades. I don’t know if H3 grenades had bleed through or not. I don’t think they did.

Either way I don’t want H3 grenades back. As in I don’t want useless headshot assist only grenades back. My grenade kills in H3 were abysmally small and fought for last place on my ToD. And despite all of the complaining about them they only make up the top 5 ToD and deaths of any player I’ve randomly checked. What is so wrong about that? You spawn with them. They are part of the Golden Triangle of gameplay. Yet they are reduced to an assist role to guns? That’s wrong in my book.

DOUBLE BEAT-DOWNS

Perfectly? Bleed through made CQC combat about as deep as a kiddie pool. With that crutch there all the time the only thing I ever saw other people do was run headlong into their opponents, spraying their AR in their general direction and melee when they got close. With bleed through they only needed 6 bullets to land to ensure a kill and H3 melees would connect even if the enemy wasn’t on your screen.

Should we have to deal with people who sprint and run for the double beatdown while killing gunplay in the extreme CQC range? No we shouldn’t. But we are just trading one flaw for another flaw instead of fixing the problem. At the very least three hit melee kills give us the best of both worlds while working within the confines of the game.

RANKING SYSTEM

As Jeremiah said over in Optimatch, turn on the Skill preference and you’re enacting the same skill restrictions that H3’s Ranked Playlists had.

These 5 features implemented will make Halo Reach the best Halo ever

1. Individual Weapon and Vehicle Settings in Custom Games, including Bloom on/off switch, RoF (rate of fire), clip size and damage

2. 1-50 ranking system only shown in the Classic Playlist coming in April. Keep Arena and every other current Reach playlist. Halo 2 style, not H3.

3. Bring back the Beam Rifle, Carbine, Mauler and SMG.

4. Optimatch Playlist for Custom Game lobbies

5. A new Forge map with non bland textures, more customization and features like Copy Paste and Undo.

Reach fixed in only 5 steps. Your welcome 343i :slight_smile:

> BLOOMING RETICLE:
> ARMOR LOCK
>
> I agree that Bloom hasn’t been done properly and that players should be pacing their shots but they aren’t.I also agree that AL has significant problems. The EMP charge can be abused at CQC just like it was in the Beta, the reason it got nerfed in the first place, to cheese melee kills. Waiting for 5 seconds so a guy can die again is annoying. And frosting just gives too many benefits to the person using AL.
>
> GRENA – ERR, MINI NUKES
>
> During the Beta Bungie told us that grenade damage was the same as it was in H3. The biggest changes that have made grenades more powerful are what people have said before: Movement speed. But I also suspect bleed through on grenades. I don’t know if H3 grenades had bleed through or not. I don’t think they did.
>
> Either way I don’t want H3 grenades back. As in I don’t want useless headshot assist only grenades back. My grenade kills in H3 were abysmally small and fought for last place on my ToD. And despite all of the complaining about them they only make up the top 5 ToD and deaths of any player I’ve randomly checked. What is so wrong about that? You spawn with them. They are part of the Golden Triangle of gameplay. Yet they are reduced to an assist role to guns? That’s wrong in my book.
>
> DOUBLE BEAT-DOWNS
>
> Perfectly? Bleed through made CQC combat about as deep as a kiddie pool. With that crutch there all the time the only thing I ever saw other people do was run headlong into their opponents, spraying their AR in their general direction and melee when they got close. With bleed through they only needed 6 bullets to land to ensure a kill and H3 melees would connect even if the enemy wasn’t on your screen.
>
> Should we have to deal with people who sprint and run for the double beatdown while killing gunplay in the extreme CQC range? No we shouldn’t. But we are just trading one flaw for another flaw instead of fixing the problem. At the very least three hit melee kills give us the best of both worlds while working within the confines of the game.
>
> RANKING SYSTEM
>
> As Jeremiah said over in Optimatch, turn on the Skill preference and you’re enacting the same skill restrictions that H3’s Ranked Playlists had.

I agree with the double beat-down thing. Halo 2’s or Halo 3’s is fine with me. But this one is just horrifying. Although I must disagree with the rank system. Putting restrictions is good to a limit. I shouldn’t be paired up with terrible players who betray for power weapons and need armor lock for their kills. There needs to be a rank system so people practicing and getting better are better than people who play on weekends and suck but have lucky assets that let you get kills. Also, I like challenge, this is an opinion but it made Halo 2 and 3 what it was, not Halo CE though at is it had no ranks/K/D/ 1-50 system/ any other type of ranking system.

all we need to do is wait for a response off 343.

make the kill times faster for the dmr and nr and remove no bleed through please!

I would also like to mention about the fileshare system with the stupid tagging. Ive had this problem since day 1. Im those kind of people that like to take photos on Halo as I started off with Halo 3. I really enjoyed the Halo 3 fileshare system where you can only comment, download and rate the pictures and videos but what did Bungie do? They added the tagging system where good content like mine (in my view) can be completely destroyed by kids and I find that really unfair :confused:

I posted something like this on the Bungie forums yet I get bad response. I don’t understand WHY Bungie fixed what wasn’t broken.

I wanted to show my pictures and my awesome game of CTF to many people hoping that they would like my content but its really impossible when kids ruin my content ):

343i if your reading this I would at least reccomend one of these: Halo 3s old fileshare system where you can only comment, download and rate the fileshare. OR. The person that created the content that is on their fileshare has the right to change it and what I mean by that is: Delete comments that are made, delete pointless tages that really don’t need to be there. Like as if the moderator has control over the forums? Something like that but the fileshare content.

Remember on Bungie.net in the Halo 3 times where there were “screenshot forums, video forums, video clip forums, map forums and gametype forums” I missed that and I

I know many people have the same problem as I do at the moment and miss the old Halo 3 Fileshare system but are really getting sick of kids ruining other peoples content.

I really hope the fileshare is fixed to what it was or what can be added for us to prevent kids from harming our content because Id be REALLY HAPPY about Reachs fileshare content thanking you! :slight_smile:

I thankyou so much for your time reading this.

If you have anything to say please reply on here or message me as I will keep this topic onto my favourites! (:

I agree with everything apart from the “perfect” Halo 3 melee system. It wasn’t worse than Reach because it actually made you shoot the enemy (this is a First Person Shooter, not a First Person Boxer) but you can’t look someone in the eye and say AR beat downs weren’t annoying. Most encounters were just stupid charges with the AR.

Beat downs need a nerf; but going back to H3 isn’t the answer.

All they need to do to make this game better:

• Fix bloom on the DMR.
  • Increase the kill time on the DMR (keep it a 5 shot, just make it’s ROF work with the new bloom). (This should also lead to the Magnum and NR being changed.)
  • Remove no bleed-through and make melees a 3 hit kill.
  • Bump up the movement speed and jump height a bit.
  • Make Sprint and Jetpack less effective (keep them exactly the same, don’t let them change due to the increased speed and jump height).
  • Make Evade less effective for Spartans.
  • Make AL only last for 2.5secs, remove frosting, remove stun.
  • Fix the ranking system (work with Jeremiah with this one).
  • Buff most of the Covie weapons.
  • Buff the AR slightly.
  • Fix framerate issues!
  • Make the DMR and Sniper less effective against vehicles.
  • Nerf the Banshee bomb (in blast radius, and in vehicle tracking).

Reach could be perfect…