343i, don't let the fans control you

It’s a good thing when a company listens to the fan’s opinions but sometimes the opinions are flat out stupid.
When Halo 2 came out, a small group complained about the Arbiter in campaign. So guess what happened in Halo 3? the Arbiter was boring, had no important role in the campaign, and was a disappointment.
A small group right now is complaining about armor abilities, and bloom (though bloom has been around since Halo: CE). They don’t want these two in Halo 4. Don’t listen to them. Do what YOU want to do and improve the series.
And it’s just not that, other things as well.
So please 343i (mainly Frankie), if you’re reading this, please take this into consideration. You can’t make everybody happy.

well, if they want the game to be successful…

Love the armor abilities…

> It’s a good thing when a company listens to the fan’s opinions but sometimes the opinions are flat out stupid.
> When Halo 2 came out, a small group complained about the Arbiter in campaign. So guess what happened in Halo 3? the Arbiter was boring, had no important role in the campaign, and was a disappointment.
> A small group right now is complaining about armor abilities, and bloom (though bloom has been around since Halo: CE). They don’t want these two in Halo 4. Don’t listen to them. Do what YOU want to do and improve the series.
> And it’s just not that, other things as well.
> So please 343i (mainly Frankie), if you’re reading this, please take this into consideration. You can’t make everybody happy.

While I agree there has been some stupid ideas I’ve seen suggested and I hope 343 has good judgment on what is stupid and what isn’t, removing AA’s and bloom on precision weapons is not one of them. You can’t just come right out and say our opinions on the matter of AA’s and bloom shouldn’t be listened to though. That’s entirely unfair and one-sided. While they should do what they want to, in the end they are making a game they want to play AS WELL as one the fans want to play, and bringing something as awful as AA’s and bloom on precision weapons back will make a whole side of the fanbase shun them.

1. If you want to make the game please the players, they listen to the fans
  2. thats the point of these forums to post these opinions and if there is a majority, its most likely a good idea
  3. if not, then i think 343 would have good judgement
  4. bungie made reach the way THEY wanted to make it and LOOK what happened…a game base population thats lower than all of its other games and you cant include ODST for its only campaign, theater and firefight.

atoonamisoldier , can you tell us why you would like to keep AA’s in Halo 4’ it would just be not right . Reach was a totally different game to the firs 4 halos and i for one cannot stand them (especially in mm) Bungie have sold thier souls to activision and now 343i have taken up the next triology. Do you think that if a company with a global game coming out next year and wanting to put thier creative ideas into and it turns out to be Reach mark 2 , i dont think so. Master Chief with armour lock .jet pack etc -----------sacrilege.

I love CE and Reach. I like Halo2 and 3. I didn’t voice my opinions at all for 2, very little for 3. I was active for Reach.

343i can tell tell the difference between a fan and hater. They have the skin and smarts to see most anything for themselves, it is unfortunately for the benefit of the lesser experienced gamers that the wars occur as they do.

If you’re truly tough, it will show over time. It’s not something that can be displayed instantly and those that understand will see.

… let’s watch how GoW3 progresses shall we?

> It’s a good thing when a company listens to the fan’s opinions but sometimes the opinions are flat out stupid.
> When Halo 2 came out, a small group complained about the Arbiter in campaign. So guess what happened in Halo 3? the Arbiter was boring, had no important role in the campaign, and was a disappointment.
> A small group right now is complaining about armor abilities, and bloom (though bloom has been around since Halo: CE). They don’t want these two in Halo 4. Don’t listen to them. Do what YOU want to do and improve the series.
> So please 343i (mainly Frankie), if you’re reading this, please take this into consideration. You can’t make everybody happy.

“bloom” In ce is a very very different concept than reach bloom.
thanks for bullet magnetism the tiny spread you had tapping the trigger for the pistol would pretty much go straight to their head. Halo 2 had no bloom. and halo 3 had the br spread to reduce its effectiveness at longer ranges.

I think they should listen, Bungie made a mistake with Reach to change the core gameplay that much, it turned off many of the older fans.
So instead of betraying the fanbase, 343i should listen to them.

> atoonamisoldier , can you tell us why you would like to keep AA’s in Halo 4’ it would just be not right . Reach was a totally different game to the firs 4 halos and i for one cannot stand them (especially in mm) Bungie have sold thier souls to activision and now 343i have taken up the next triology. Do you think that if a company with a global game coming out next year and wanting to put thier creative ideas into and it turns out to be Reach mark 2 , i dont think so. Master Chief with armour lock .jet pack etc -----------sacrilege.

I’m not necessarily talking about Armor Abilities. Armor Abilities are basically Equipment 2.0. Whatever will be in Halo 4 will be Equipment 3.0
I do have ideas for other Armor Abilities, but other than that I’m certainly not a hater. There’s very little in the Halo series that I really hate.
I just hope that the minority of the fans that are complaining about something (unless it’s an actual issue) are just ignored.

> atoonamisoldier , can you tell us why you would like to keep AA’s in Halo 4’ it would just be not right . Reach was a totally different game to the firs 4 halos and i for one cannot stand them (especially in mm) Bungie have sold thier souls to activision and now 343i have taken up the next triology. Do you think that if a company with a global game coming out next year and wanting to put thier creative ideas into and it turns out to be Reach mark 2 , i dont think so. Master Chief with armour lock .jet pack etc -----------sacrilege.

The thing is armor abilities gave something new and was alot more useful than equiptment, and where I do agree(to some extent) that armor abilities in the current form should not return that does’t mean the concept of them should die just be improved upon or even be built into the core mechanics. And no ones saying halo 4 should be reach mark 2 but some ideas in reach should not die because their first iteration was implemented poorly. I believe (and this may not be your believe but could be for many others) that to many want to live in the past and want the same core gameplay over and over in each iteration and im sorry but thats how a game become stale is if you just dish out the same thing over and over. Halo 4 should not be reach 2 but should also not be halo 3.5 halo 2.5 and halo 1.5 it should be halo 4 and halo needs some change or its going to end up like cod and other games that make no effort to atleast give something new and fresh, and reach may be a lot of thing to different people but the one thing is isn’t is halo 3.5 and should not become it.

Bloom hasn’t been around since Halo: CE. Bullet spread and bloom are different.

I do agree with you though. Stuff like the Arbiter was bullcrap, but bloom is something that needs to go. Anything that doesn’t change core gameplay is fine.

I agree with you OP, I hope 343i aren’t taking every single ridiculous idea and allowing the fans to possibly ruin the next big game. But, luckily it looks like there hope for this game to expand.

Check this out this recent interview with Frankie:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/33616/halo-4-dev-theres-a-lot-of-stuff-cod-does-beautifully-that-we-should-do-better/

I trust that Halo 4 is in good hands.

Give this man the $10,000,000 prize please!!

> You can’t make everybody happy.

Honestly, I think Frankie knows that already. :wink:

I’m pretty sure he’s said something along those lines in an interview somewhere. The bottomline is, I think he knows what he’s doing. Or atleast I assume he does hehe. As of now, I have faith in 343i. Their metal will be tested with Halo 4 though.

As for your comments about Bloom and AAs. That’s your opinion. And stating that only a minority dislike them… well… I would like to ask where you came to this conclusion, good Sir. I’m going to reserve my opinion on them at this time, because I’d rather not go into it, but in the meantime, please, don’t speak on my behalf. :wink: