343i, Don't be Afraid

At Halo Fest, Frank O’ Connor said that they made new additions to Halo 4 that worked well in their system, but eventually took it out due to it’s not “Halo”.

Now, I respect that they don’t want to alter the game (drastically) that we have come to love for 10 years now, but I think they should at least let us know what features those were in the future, because what if it was something that we would all have liked.

Things like reticle bloom and AA from Reach were cool at first, but then got annoying after a couple months. AA would unbalance the motion of the game, whether your on the verge of killing a guy and he Armor Locks and his teammates come to his rescue and your grenades can’t save you. Or they evade to get the headshot on you when you only have sprint.

And Reticle Bloom, well you guys already know, I don’t need bloom to tell me that I am a skilled player. It’s always funny to hear people say that “your just bad at the game” or “I’m more skilled than you because I waited .34 of a second less than you” (Last one, no one I know has ever really said that). Even if you time your shots, your still not going to get the kill in a DMR Duel. It’s really down to luck.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that, some additions are really good (Dual Wield/Hijacking) and really bad (AA/Reticle Bloom). Dual Wield and Hijacking vehicles weren’t Halo, until we were showed how fun they were in Halo 2 and then when we experienced them we though “this is Halo”.

So give it a chance 343i, if it doesn’t fit in or unbalances things, then don’t include those additions. BUT, if they do fit in and increase the experience, then throw them in there. And let us try them b4 release so people don’t -Yoink-.

> FYI, this isn’t an encouragement to suicide

Turns off computer

Agree totally, like a saw some video footage of them enabling “enemy boarding” on hunters and stuff. Like if you shot off the armor plating on a hunter’s back, then you could board it and either stick a grenade in it or melee it to death, but they eventually took it out and I thought it would have been awesome. If I could make a suggestion to 343 I would saw don’t be afraid of space combat in Halo 4. The only thing I didn’t like about space combat in Reach is that they didn’t take it far enough, I wanna see dodging between obstacles, speed running over long distances to an objective, and most of all, I want to see the ability to eject from a space craft, be able to float and shoot as just a spartan from space, and jack an enemy space craft if I need to.

> > FYI, this isn’t an encouragement to suicide
>
> Turns off computer

This is a very wise post. 343 needs to innovate, and all the haters need to open their minds and except that games change. They are the same people who complain that CoD is a rehash, so what is it that they want? To me, I want a new Halo experience, but I don’t want it overdone.

343 is full of very smart and talented people, and I wholeheartedly trust them with my favorite game franchise. Stay true to Halo, but make it a different game at the same time. It’s a very hard task, but I have teh faiths.

Yes, keep the game fresh and fun without making it unrecognizable.

> This is a very wise post. 343 needs to innovate, and all the haters need to open their minds and except that games change. They are the same people who complain that CoD is a rehash, so what is it that they want? To me, I want a new Halo experience, but I don’t want it overdone.
>
> 343 is full of very smart and talented people, and I wholeheartedly trust them with my favorite game franchise. Stay true to Halo, but make it a different game at the same time. It’s a very hard task, but I have teh faiths.

I believe that the HUD and physics are the core part of Halo and should stay the same (or similar) to how they were before. They can innovate with pretty much everything else without seriously offending anyone I would think.