343i Doesn't Want Customers

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not intentionally bypass the profanity filter.</mark>

Having a population is totes 2013.

What 343i wants is to bask in the sound of crickets chirping over a dusty breeze.

From telling everyone that prefers the reality-based gameplay of LAN to suck a tail-pipe, to the rampant failures of menu design, the broken theater, the poor regional allocation of servers and server options, to the absolute icing on the cake. Being pulverized with the Banhammer, when their server kicks you?

Yeah kewl story 343i. Fo Guck Yo Self.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=Hzqi#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_Hzqi_2aa79288-6919-4250-8954-c060edf6c0e7

I hear ya brutha!

Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.

The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.

It’s as if 343 hates anything Bungie did right.

Oh well, at least the population on REACH is still kicking butt!

> 2533274857884337;2:
> I hear ya brutha!
>
> Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.
>
> The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.
>
> It’s as if 343 hates anything Bungie did right.
>
> Oh well, at least the population on REACH is still kicking butt!

“REAL” Halo fans? Wtf? There are actually “REAL” Halo fans that enjoy Halo 5 a lot.

> 2533274857884337;2:
> I hear ya brutha!
>
> Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.
>
> The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.
>
>

You know, I really hate when people say “real halo fans do this. Real halo fans do that.” Who made you the judge as to who’s a halo fan and who’s not? Halo 5 has reinvigorated the franchise after reach, 4, and mcc. Also, there are a lot more people on halo 5 than reach, so I don’t understand how you can say that halo 5 is dead but reach is alive.

Also, OP, this thread offers no constructive criticism, so prepare for this thread to be locked.

> 2535455681930574;4:
> > 2533274857884337;2:
> > I hear ya brutha!
> >
> > Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.
> >
> > The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.
> >
> > It’s as if 343 hates anything Bungie did right.
> >
> > Oh well, at least the population on REACH is still kicking butt!
>
>
> You know, I really hate when people say “real halo fans do this. Real halo fans do that.” Who made you the judge as to who’s a halo fan and who’s not? Halo 5 has reinvigorated the franchise after reach, 4, and mcc. Also, there are a lot more people on halo 5 than reach, so I don’t understand how you can say that halo 5 is dead but reach is alive.
>
> Also, OP, this thread offers no constructive criticism, so prepare for this thread to be locked.

It could be the mushrooms talking, but I’d have thought the “constructive” part, would be implicit in the criticism.

You want me to grab a crayon and draw a diagram? Ok, here’s the constructive part. Stand by for amazement:

Banning people for literally no reason?

DON’T DO THAT.

> 2535442860464719;3:
> > 2533274857884337;2:
> > I hear ya brutha!
> >
> > Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.
> >
> > The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.
> >
> >
>
>
> “REAL” Halo fans? Wtf? There are actually “REAL” Halo fans that enjoy Halo 5 a lot.

Havn’t you heard? If I don’t like it but you do then you’re not a real halo fan, sorry buddy. (Note that I’m being sarcastic)

to mr “reach is kicking butt!” Hmm, I wonder where h4 and h5 got some of its features from. I woulda figured a “REAL” halo fan could see that.

> 2533274857884337;2:
> I hear ya brutha!
>
>
>
>

For me, the only thing that’s wrong with HALO 5, is EVERYTHING that isn’t THE GAME.

The actual core game of HALO 5 is a lean, superb beast. Whoever designed the game itself should be commended. Everyone else working there should be turfed out onto the curb. The menu structure is the work of a hundred monkeys typing random code in a cyclone. The Banhammer is apparently overseen by a sociopathic fascist, that likes to smoke cigars rolled out of Player Population.

The handling of the various aspects of this game, that aren’t the actual game, is an ongoing montage of Level 9000 incompetence.

> 2533274794674377;5:
> > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > 2533274857884337;2:
> > > I hear ya brutha!
> > >
> > > Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.
> > >
> > > The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.
> > >
> > > It’s as if 343 hates anything Bungie did right.
> > >
> > > Oh well, at least the population on REACH is still kicking butt!
> >
> >
> > You know, I really hate when people say “real halo fans do this. Real halo fans do that.” Who made you the judge as to who’s a halo fan and who’s not? Halo 5 has reinvigorated the franchise after reach, 4, and mcc. Also, there are a lot more people on halo 5 than reach, so I don’t understand how you can say that halo 5 is dead but reach is alive.
> >
> > Also, OP, this thread offers no constructive criticism, so prepare for this thread to be locked.
>
>
> It could be the mushrooms talking, but I’d have thought the “constructive” part, would be implicit in the criticism.
>
> You want me to grab a crayon and draw a diagram? Ok, here’s the constructive part. Stand by for amazement:
>
> Banning people for literally no reason?
>
> DON’T DO THAT.

LOL, snap.

I agree that 343 has been a complete failure, as far as creating good Halo games is concerned. I still haven’t purchased Halo 5, and I never will.
It really does seem like precisely the wrong people were chosen after Bungie left. Everybody at 343 clearly hates the foundation Bungie established for Halo… which should’ve been a red flag to MS in the first place. 343’s vision is worse in every conceiveable way.

> 2717573882290994;8:
> > 2533274794674377;5:
> > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > > 2533274857884337;2:
> > > > I hear ya brutha!
> > > >
> > > > Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.
> > > >
> > > > The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.
> > > >
> > > > It’s as if 343 hates anything Bungie did right.
> > > >
> > > > Oh well, at least the population on REACH is still kicking butt!
> > >
> > >
> > > You know, I really hate when people say “real halo fans do this. Real halo fans do that.” Who made you the judge as to who’s a halo fan and who’s not? Halo 5 has reinvigorated the franchise after reach, 4, and mcc. Also, there are a lot more people on halo 5 than reach, so I don’t understand how you can say that halo 5 is dead but reach is alive.
> > >
> > > Also, OP, this thread offers no constructive criticism, so prepare for this thread to be locked.
> >
> >
> > It could be the mushrooms talking, but I’d have thought the “constructive” part, would be implicit in the criticism.
> >
> > You want me to grab a crayon and draw a diagram? Ok, here’s the constructive part. Stand by for amazement:
> >
> > Banning people for literally no reason?
> >
> > DON’T DO THAT.
>
>
> LOL, snap.
>
> I agree that 343 has been a complete failure, as far as creating good Halo games is concerned. I still haven’t purchased Halo 5, and I never will.
> It really does seem like precisely the wrong people were chosen after Bungie left. Everybody at 343 clearly hates the foundation Bungie established for Halo… which should’ve been a red flag to MS in the first place. 343’s vision is worse in every conceiveable way.

I’m no apologist for BUNGIE either. I think the game-design vision 343i has for HALO exceeds what BUNGIE would have done. Never forget the contempt that BUNGIE has shown the competitive scene, with the sudden dive in skill-gap between HALO:CE and HALO 2. The most highly skilled features in HALO 2 were an accident of glitches. BUNGIE is the company that infamously hired Plumbers and Soccer Mums to tune the HALO 2 multiplayer.

If you want some insight into where HALO was headed with BUNGIE, look no further than DESTINY. Where you can upgrade to a new generation of console, to still be stuck on HALF THE FRAME-RATE that CoD had a generation ago. HALO 5 was badly damaged in fortunes by the shocking design choices of HALO 4 (Ordnance especially). HALO 5 in spirit, has the right idea.

They hired MLG Pros to tune the gameplay, and they turned in a stellar creation of slick, intense competition. It has the most balanced sandbox since HALO: CE. As a game, it has everything going for it. But with all the preposterous choices enveloping the game in brain-melting failure, it’s gaming’s great tragedy.

I mean, how do you take the game, with the most well thought out competitive features, and completely deprive it of LAN? Yeah babe, gimmee more of those rubber banders. Let me have grenade lag, in a custom game by myself. And let me never dream of taking this supreme game to where the water’s are fine. All your LAN are dead.

> 2533274794674377;5:
> > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > 2533274857884337;2:
> > > I hear ya brutha!
> > >
> > > Halo 5 is pretty much dead. I raises a bit coinciding with an update, but very quickly drops again.
> > >
> > > The REAL Halo fans have dropped the franchise due to 343’s atrocious vision of Halo’s future. It all STARTED with Halo 4 and it’s been completely down hill ever since.
> > >
> > > It’s as if 343 hates anything Bungie did right.
> > >
> > > Oh well, at least the population on REACH is still kicking butt!
> >
> >
> > You know, I really hate when people say “real halo fans do this. Real halo fans do that.” Who made you the judge as to who’s a halo fan and who’s not? Halo 5 has reinvigorated the franchise after reach, 4, and mcc. Also, there are a lot more people on halo 5 than reach, so I don’t understand how you can say that halo 5 is dead but reach is alive.
> >
> > Also, OP, this thread offers no constructive criticism, so prepare for this thread to be locked.
>
>
> It could be the mushrooms talking, but I’d have thought the “constructive” part, would be implicit in the criticism.
>
> You want me to grab a crayon and draw a diagram? Ok, here’s the constructive part. Stand by for amazement:
>
> Banning people for literally no reason?
>
> DON’T DO THAT.

Wow so constructive
/s

The best thing about this thread is that it has appeared under another thread stating that Halo 5 sales have surpasses 5 million. And those are old statistics as well apparently.

"Banning people for literally no reason?

DON’T DO THAT."

They don’t do that. They ban you for quitting games, going AFK, and betraying.

In your case, judging by your game history, perhaps you should stop rage quitting when you’re getting owned. -.-

And don’t claim “lololol disconnect!”, because every one of your DNF’s has you going negative (in some cases, badly) before you puss out. And in the games where you ultimately lose but don’t DNF, you’re going positive. rolls eyes

> 2533274977530102;12:
> "Banning people for literally no reason?
>
> DON’T DO THAT."
>
> They don’t do that. They ban you for quitting games, going AFK, and betraying.
>
> In your case, judging by your game history, perhaps you should stop rage quitting when you’re getting owned. -.-
>
> And don’t claim “lololol disconnect!”, because every one of your DNF’s has you going negative (in some cases, badly) before you puss out. And in the games where you ultimately lose but don’t DNF, you’re going positive. rolls eyes

How helpful rolls eyes
Maybe you should stop raging in the forums and stop making unhelpful comments.

> 2533274808532511;13:
> > 2533274977530102;12:
> > "Banning people for literally no reason?
> >
> > DON’T DO THAT."
> >
> > They don’t do that. They ban you for quitting games, going AFK, and betraying.
> >
> > In your case, judging by your game history, perhaps you should stop rage quitting when you’re getting owned. -.-
> >
> > And don’t claim “lololol disconnect!”, because every one of your DNF’s has you going negative (in some cases, badly) before you puss out. And in the games where you ultimately lose but don’t DNF, you’re going positive. rolls eyes
>
>
> How helpful rolls eyes
> Maybe you should stop raging in the forums and stop making unhelpful comments.

^ I guess some people just can’t handle the truth lol

So, 343 doesn’t want customers then? They just ban people for no reason? You can’t go to the dude’s game history for yourself and verify his rage quits?

Okay then… lol

> 2535455681930574;4:
> > 2533274857884337;2:
> > I hear ya brutha!
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> You know, I really hate when people say “real halo fans do this. Real halo fans do that.” Who made you the judge as to who’s a halo fan and who’s not? Halo 5 has reinvigorated the franchise after reach, 4, and mcc. Also, there are a lot more people on halo 5 than reach, so I don’t understand how you can say that halo 5 is dead but reach is alive.
>
> Also, OP, this thread offers no constructive criticism, so prepare for this thread to be locked.

How do you know how many ppl are playing? If there is anywhere around 20-30K it is basically as bad as Halo 4. See the thing is, there has been no population number announcements/counters, probably due to embarrassment.

Op, 343’s problem isn’t that it don’t want any customers, they are small minded when they listen to their fans and narrow their gameplay to either to casual (Halo 4) or to competitive (Halo 5) instead of meeting halfway.

> 2533274977530102;14:
> > 2533274808532511;13:
> > > 2533274977530102;12:
> > > "Banning people for literally no reason?
> > >
> > > DON’T DO THAT."
> > >
> > > They don’t do that. They ban you for quitting games, going AFK, and betraying.
> > >
> > > In your case, judging by your game history, perhaps you should stop rage quitting when you’re getting owned. -.-
> > >
> > > And don’t claim “lololol disconnect!”, because every one of your DNF’s has you going negative (in some cases, badly) before you puss out. And in the games where you ultimately lose but don’t DNF, you’re going positive. rolls eyes
> >
> >
> > How helpful rolls eyes
> > Maybe you should stop raging in the forums and stop making unhelpful comments.
>
>
> ^ I guess some people just can’t handle the truth lol
>
> So, 343 doesn’t want customers then? They just ban people for no reason? You can’t go to the dude’s game history for yourself and verify his rage quits?
>
> Okay then… lol

Firstly, you’re an idiot.

Secondly, you’re really an idiot.

Thirdly: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=Hzqi#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_Hzqi_2aa79288-6919-4250-8954-c060edf6c0e7

Yes idiot, they really REALLY do Ban people for no reason.

The only reason I’ve quit out of games a MINIMAL number of times over the months I’ve had this game, is because I’ve either been abandoned into 1v4, or because being from Australia, we’ve often had to deal with RUBBER BANDERS all over the screen.

But you’re so smart Re4V3r. You know everything about whats happened in the experience of the players that are screwed over by this sewer of a system.

So how bout it Re4V3r? When players are abandoned 1v4 should they still be banned? Tell me mister intelligent, is it rage quitting when people win, are kicked, and still banned?

Considering how poorly the regions have been handled, to match up with lag. To then be pummeled for leaving unplayable games. We’ve usually stuck around far more than we really should, while they’re ruining the population with their region wisdom.

But let me guess, you’re American, right Re4v3r?

Isn’t the world a happy place for you Re4v3r? I really hope you’re good at HALO 5 and it all works out for you. Because you aren’t so endowed in the brain department.

Giving the whole thing with micro transaction. Game with micro transactions rely of the cash whales that through their money into the game.

I knew some one in college who said they had spent 3k on micro transaction in the past 2 years on one game. He was only 17.

> 2533274794674377;16:
> > 2533274977530102;14:
> > > 2533274808532511;13:
> > > > 2533274977530102;12:
> > > > "Banning people for literally no reason?
> > > >
> > > > DON’T DO THAT."
> > > >
> > > > They don’t do that. They ban you for quitting games, going AFK, and betraying.
> > > >
> > > > In your case, judging by your game history, perhaps you should stop rage quitting when you’re getting owned. -.-
> > > >
> > > > And don’t claim “lololol disconnect!”, because every one of your DNF’s has you going negative (in some cases, badly) before you puss out. And in the games where you ultimately lose but don’t DNF, you’re going positive. rolls eyes
> > >
> > >
> > > How helpful rolls eyes
> > > Maybe you should stop raging in the forums and stop making unhelpful comments.
> >
> >
> > ^ I guess some people just can’t handle the truth lol
> >
> > So, 343 doesn’t want customers then? They just ban people for no reason? You can’t go to the dude’s game history for yourself and verify his rage quits?
> >
> > Okay then… lol
>
>
> Firstly, you’re an idiot.
>
> Secondly, you’re really an idiot.
>
> Thirdly: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=Hzqi#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_Hzqi_2aa79288-6919-4250-8954-c060edf6c0e7
>
> Yes idiot, they really REALLY do Ban people for no reason.
>
> The only reason I’ve quit out of games a MINIMAL number of times over the months I’ve had this game, is because I’ve either been abandoned into 1v4, or because being from Australia, we’ve often had to deal with RUBBER BANDERS all over the screen.
>
> But you’re so smart Re4V3r. You know everything about whats happened in the experience of the players that are screwed over by this sewer of a system.
>
> So how bout it Re4V3r? When players are abandoned 1v4 should they still be banned? Tell me mister intelligent, is it rage quitting when people win, are kicked, and still banned?
>
> Isn’t the world a happy place for you Re4v3r? I really hope you’re good at HALO 5 and it all works out for you. Because you aren’t so endowed in the brain department.

Uh oh…seems I’ve struck a nerve. XD

Anyway, yeah, if you’re in a 1v4, you should still stick it out. Just because the rest of your team decided to drop out the instant the game wasn’t going for them doesn’t mean you should too. I know kids today have been taught they’re special snowflakes and rules don’t apply to them, but guess what, they do. Suck it up and finish the game. You’re half the reason the banhammer exists in the first place, along with those teammates of yours that quit on you. smh

Even when I’m getting farmed in WZ, I stay in the game. I try and hide since I’m facing overwhelming firepower and spawn-killing (Nornfangs really hurt), but I don’t quit. Only recently have I quit ONCE due to farming, but that was a really, really bad day…and I owned up to it.

Anyway, I can already tell this is a largely pointless conversation to have with a person like you. You’re just here to -Yoink-, and make outrageous claims to cover up your own failures. Seen it; nothing new.

Again, I’ll give you a tip: If you quit (rage or otherwise), you’ll be banned. If you betray your teammates, you’ll he banned. If you go AFK…wait for it…you’ll be BANNED.

If you play the game like a normal player, then the odds of the banhammer cracking your digital skull is slim to none (and I say ‘slim’ because the Banhammer can, very rarely, make a mistake and temp ban you for a short time; it also can’t tell the difference between disconnects and normal quits, so my advice to you…get better internet shrug).

Edit: Also, your game clip isn’t loading for me. Mind just telling me what the point of the clip is?

Edit 2: Nm. I went the extra mile and actually downloaded the film. Yup, you lost connection. But guess what, that ban didn’t come out of nowhere. When you rage quit, that only adds to the the disconnect losses. So, one would think that if you’re prone to DC’ing, you wouldn’t want to quit out on your own as well. Common sense…

> 2533274977530102;18:
> > 2533274794674377;16:
> > > 2533274977530102;14:
> > > > 2533274808532511;13:
> > > > > 2533274977530102;12:
> > > > > "Banning people for literally no reason?
> > > > >
> > > > > DON’T DO THAT."
> > > > >
> > > > > They don’t do that. They ban you for quitting games, going AFK, and betraying.
> > > > >
> > > > > In your case, judging by your game history, perhaps you should stop rage quitting when you’re getting owned. -.-
> > > > >
> > > > > And don’t claim “lololol disconnect!”, because every one of your DNF’s has you going negative (in some cases, badly) before you puss out. And in the games where you ultimately lose but don’t DNF, you’re going positive. rolls eyes
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > How helpful rolls eyes
> > > > Maybe you should stop raging in the forums and stop making unhelpful comments.
> > >
> > >
> > > ^ I guess some people just can’t handle the truth lol
> > >
> > > So, 343 doesn’t want customers then? They just ban people for no reason? You can’t go to the dude’s game history for yourself and verify his rage quits?
> > >
> > > Okay then… lol
> >
> >
> > Firstly, you’re an idiot.
> >
> > Secondly, you’re really an idiot.
> >
> > Thirdly: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=Hzqi#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_Hzqi_2aa79288-6919-4250-8954-c060edf6c0e7
> >
> > Yes idiot, they really REALLY do Ban people for no reason.
> >
> > The only reason I’ve quit out of games a MINIMAL number of times over the months I’ve had this game, is because I’ve either been abandoned into 1v4, or because being from Australia, we’ve often had to deal with RUBBER BANDERS all over the screen.
> >
> > But you’re so smart Re4V3r. You know everything about whats happened in the experience of the players that are screwed over by this sewer of a system.
> >
> > So how bout it Re4V3r? When players are abandoned 1v4 should they still be banned? Tell me mister intelligent, is it rage quitting when people win, are kicked, and still banned?
> >
> > Isn’t the world a happy place for you Re4v3r? I really hope you’re good at HALO 5 and it all works out for you. Because you aren’t so endowed in the brain department.
>
>
> Uh oh…seems I’ve struck a nerve. XD
>
> Anyway, yeah, if you’re in a 1v4, you should still stick it out. Just because the rest of your team decided to drop out the instant the game wasn’t going for them doesn’t mean you should too. I know kids today have been taught they’re special snowflakes and rules don’t apply to them, but guess what, they do. Suck it up and finish the game. You’re half the reason the banhammer exists in the first place, along with those teammates of yours that quit on you. smh
>
> Even when I’m getting farmed in WZ, I stay in the game. I try and hide since I’m facing overwhelming firepower and spawn-killing (Nornfangs really hurt), but I don’t quit. Only recently have I quit ONCE due to farming, but that was a really, really bad day…and I owned up to it.
>
> Anyway, I can already tell this is a largely pointless conversation to have with a person like you. You’re just here to -Yoink-, and make outrageous claims to cover up your own failures. Seen it; nothing new.
>
> Again, I’ll give you a tip: If you quit (rage or otherwise), you’ll be banned. If you betray your teammates, you’ll he banned. If you go AFK…wait for it…you’ll be BANNED.
>
> If you play the game like a normal player, then the odds of the banhammer cracking your digital skull is slim to none (and I say ‘slim’ because the Banhammer can, very rarely, make a mistake and temp ban you for a short time; it also can’t tell the difference between disconnects and normal quits, so my advice to you…get better internet shrug).

See the problem I have with this post is the “get better internet” near the end
there are many well documented cases in H5 where players set D/C’d or maybe you haven’t seen that 300+ page thread detailing the problems for people all over the world with the terrible servers (mostly from EU)
we’ve been told to just “get better internet” for how long with MCC?
OPs internet probably has very little to do with it
hin connecting to servers half way across the world however…

Players outside of the US (in guessing you’re from the US) have many issues with disconnects causing bans
And I’m with the OP
mid I get put into a game where people are teleporting, disappearing off my screen only to reappear behind me rubber banding my shots not connecting and it takes a full second for the frenade to be tossed after the animation…I’m quitting the game
If I’m in a game and 2/3 of my team mates quit…I’m gone
and 343 can ban me, and I will go play another game and the population will fall even lower

As long as they have enough people to make the millions off req packs that they couldnt off sales