343i can fix frame rate issues!

Everyone who played splitscreen noticed that some maps are unplayable. Some said that 343i done what it could with 7 year old hardware. WRONG! Complex and Vortex (both have frame rate issues on Team Slayer) are much smoother on Spartan Ops. Draw distance/level of detail is much more agressive, so far geometry is simpler and textures are non-existant, but this is barely noticeable on split screen. Maps have no problem with maintaining smooth animation on splitscreen and that’s what matters!
I’m looking foward to Title Update. I’m looking forward to playing split screen Shatter, Complex, Vortex and any Forge map as smooth and hiccup-free as it’s on single screen. For me Halo it’s about sharing your tv/console/game with your friend sitting next to you. Let’s hope it’ll be fixed.

If you have 2 people playing on the same console it uses a lot more power than 1. Combine it with another 14 people playing with you which you have to connect to, you are not going far on 2005 hardware.

> If you have 2 people playing on the same console it uses a lot more power than 1. Combine it with another 14 people playing with you which you have to connect to, you are not going far on 2005 hardware.

Graphics and online connection are 2 totally diffrent things.

> > If you have 2 people playing on the same console it uses a lot more power than 1. Combine it with another 14 people playing with you which you have to connect to, you are not going far on 2005 hardware.
>
> Graphics and online connection are 2 totally diffrent things.

They all are using your hardware at the same time.

Some maps got hiccup even offline and their Spartan Ops versions don’t. So, it’s not about hardware. It’s all about optimisation.

EDIT: Never mind. I’m making some pretty big leaps in my reasoning. Time for a break from the computer.

> I hate to be the bearer of bad speculation, but…
>
>
>
> > Complex and Vortex (both have frame rate issues on Team Slayer) are much smoother on Spartan Ops. Draw distance/level of detail is much more agressive, so far geometry is simpler and textures are non-existant, but this is barely noticeable on split screen. Maps have no problem with maintaining smooth animation on splitscreen and that’s what matters!
>
> (This is going to sound irrelevant at first; bear with me.)
>
> In the past, it has been stated (by Jeremiah in Bungie’s Optimatch forum) that it would be impossible to make maps that work for both Firefight and Multiplayer. Apparently, this is because the two sets of data required – Forge objects, respawn points, and the like for one; and pathing meshes, cover markers, and map scripting for the other – would would together be way too much data to load at one time.
>
> I doubt there’s much 343i could do to make that data smaller (compression wouldn’t work, since a program generally needs data fully expanded in order to work with it), and the 360 stills only has 512MB RAM, so chances are, Halo 4 suffers from the same limitation. It’s possible that to stay under memory limits, 343i simply created Spartan Ops map files that have copied-and-pasted map geometry, with the multiplayer data stripped and Campaign assets added.
>
> In other words, the Complex you see in War Games is not the Complex you see in Spartan Ops. The differences in rendering don’t occur because you’re playing a different game mode; they occur because you’re playing a different map. That means that to bring these improvements to War Games, 343i would have to replace all of the War Games maps. This has never been possible within the Halo game engine. It might be possible through some weird hack since Halo 4’s multiplayer is installable, but I’m not optimistic.
>
> On the bright side, they could hopefully take the techniques used in the Spartan Ops maps, and apply them to future DLC. This would be especially helpful if they released new Forge-oriented maps in DLC packs.

But there are huge differences in rendering between Spartan Ops and War Games versions of Complex (or Vortex). I wish War Games versions of maps where based on it’s Spartan Ops versions (not vice versa). Those have much closer draw distance, but are smooth. Frame rate is much more important in Matchmaking than in any other mode. On War Games some maps with 16 player are smoother than Complex with just 2 players.
EDIT: ok :wink: