343i = bungie = 343i

they are one, 343i is a branch of bungie, and people either moved to 343i or quit because those people didnt like the direction bungie is taking to support developers to make their own apps

get the concept? they are still one and the same

343i is a branch of MICROSOFT and they only have a couple former Bungie members on the team, the reason Bungie quit Halo is because the license with Microsoft (who owns Halo) caused them to not have a whole lot of freedom and not be able to do what they want.

No, they are not.

You can count all the ex-Bungie employees who now work at 343i on one hand.

Frank O’ Connor
Chad Armstrong
Vic DeLeon

They are the only three I know off the top of my head, there is probably another one, but I can’t remember.

That means out of the 200+ employees at 343i, there is only 3-4.

343i is a branch of MICROSOFT and is not affiliated in any way with bungie.

there are what, 5 former bungie employees at 343.

you are incorrect.

people did quit bungie, but that is to be expected at the end of any franchise.

> 343i is a branch of Microsoft, and people (like 5 people) either moved to 343i because they wanted to make Halo games.

This is a little more accurate

I really wish I knew how these “343 is full of ex-Bungie veterans” or “343 is a splinter company of Bungie” rumours got started. I mean, I get why some people would want it to be true and therefore believe it when they hear it. They hear it and seem to think “You mean the people who made fill in earlier Halo game title here left Bungie after that and are now at 343 making this one? Wow, I loved that game! So this one’s going to be awesome!!!”. But was there a big magazine or website that reported the whole “full of Bungie veterans” thing? Or was it all just a case of “I heard from my friend/some guy”?

The other one I hear a lot is “343 has only a small number of ex-Bungie people, but those ex-Bungie people were the main people who were responsible for making the earlier Halo games what they were, and now they’re in charge of this one”. Again, not true unless I am very seriously mistaken. But just because 343 is made up mostly of people new to making Halo games, doesn’t mean they’re lacking talent and industry experience with the potential to deliver a great game.

> I really wish I knew how this “343 is full of ex-Bungie veterans” rumour got started. I mean, I get why some people would want it to be true and therefore believe it when they hear it. They hear it and seem to think “You mean the people who made fill in earlier Halo game title here left Bungie after that and are now at 343 making this one? Wow, I loved that game! So this one’s going to be awesome!!!”. But was there a big magazine or website that reported the whole “full of Bungie veterans” thing? Or was it all just a case of “I heard from my friend/some guy”?
>
> The other one I hear a lot is “343 has only a small number of ex-Bungie people, but those ex-Bungie people were the main people who were responsible for making the earlier Halo games what they were, and now they’re in charge of this one”. Again, not true unless I am very seriously mistaken. But just because 343 is made up mostly of people new to making Halo games, doesn’t mean they’re lacking talent and industry experience with the potential to deliver a great game.

The whole rumor of 343i being full of ex-Bungie started from a misunderstanding. It was just mentioned that they have ex-Bungie employees and people just thought what they wanted to when they heard that. So, it’s something people tell to eachother, not something you’d hear from a major source.

Regardless, the reality of the situation is, only a handful of 343i employees are ex-Bungie, none of whom were truly important at making Halo in the past ten years. All the people who actually get to decided what happens with the game (although I’m not sure what Frankie’s role as a “Franchise Development Director” means) are completely new to making Halo games.

This has nothing to do with Halo 4.