343i, bring back the Halo I love!

Hey guys. This is my first post. I’ve spent like 30+ hours in the Halo Waypoint forums, arguing a lot of threads about the Halo universe and everytime I post something, 343i bans me. Why? I mean, I have the rights to complain, isn’t it? Whatever…

Is Halo dead already? Yes. Sorry, but it’s true. Halo is no longer the great competitive game we all loved. 343i, changed everything. But, can Halo resucitate? I think so.

I’ve been a die-hard Halo fan since day one (2001 CE) but recently, all the love I had for this franchise went downhill, thanks to the game that ruined my whole experience not only as a Halo veteran, but as a gamer (the only reason why I have Xbox was Halo). We all know what game is it: Halo 4. I know 343i wanted something different for the Halo universe, but honestly, different doesn’t mean better. I know Halo 4 is a false step in the wrong direction, and I know we can’t blame 343i for making it. I mean, it’s their first game in a highly acclaimed franchise! Replacing Bungie was NOT that easily! Because of this (and I know a LOT of people already made their own petitions thousands of times) I made this huge list of things I hope 343i fixes for Halo Xbox One.

I’m not purchasing Xbox this time. Sony’s Playstation 4 won me this time (Killzone Shadow Fall looks way better than Halo 4) and that’s because they ruined my only reason to own an Xbox. But I hope I’m wrong. I hope 343i decides to listen to the more than 380,000 people who stopped supporting Halo 4. I’m one of them, I stopped playing Halo 4 since december last year. I honestly think the voice of those people is far more important than the voice of those who are still playing. Halo 4 is only an example of what could happen if 343i decides to continue making Halo a game for noobs (sorry, it’s true). The game is the best selling Halo game to date, but that was because 343i promised a lot of things, that never even appeared in the game itself. 343i, it’s time to listen the people who MADE HALO! We, the true fans, are the reason why you (343i developers) are sitting in a chair making another game. So here we go:

Campaign:
·Return Halo to its roots
·The next Halo game should be about Halo rings, NOT about never mentioned-characters such as the Didact or the Librarian.
·Make a story with sense (NOT based on the novels or other non-game related. If you play CE after Reach, makes sense. 2 after CE, makes sense. 3 after 2, makes sense. 4 after 3… doesn’t make any sense at all)
·Bring the Covenant Prophets back.
·The Arbiter and the Elites should return, allied to the mankind (seriously, 343i? What happened with the truce?)
·Forerunners should be mysterious once more (don’t call everything Forerunner).
·Bring back the Monitors (Oracles).
·No more Spartans. Halo is about Master Chief.
·No more Didact.
·Don’t make Master Chief an stupid anymore (like you did in H4)
·The UNSC should be more important.
·Bring Lord Hood back.
·Please, don’t involve Halsey or Palmer anymore!
·Spartan Ops shouldn’t be part of the Halo main story (honestly 343i, no one cares about them)
·Add an actual challenge (just like Halo 2)
·An open world main campaign would be awesome.
·Return Cortana in an orignal way.
·Bring the epic parts back (like H3’s Scarab assault).
·Bring old characters back (such as Buck, Veronica Dare or even Jun)
·Spartan Ops is good, but improve them by making them less repetitive (add more missions)
·Bring back Firefight.

Multiplayer:
·Ranked and social playlists.
·Rank-based level up system.
·Remove Armor Abilties and Sprint.
·Bring de-scoping back.
·Remove instant respawn (make every death important)
·Remove Join in progress!
·Remove quit bans. Add rank bans.
·No more Ordnance drops.
·No more Infinity Slayer or Infinity playlists (this is Halo, 343i).
·Make the vehicles more lethal (just like Halo: Reach).
·REMOVE the Mantis, and bring back an UNSC flying vehicle.
·Remove the SAW.
·Remove auto-lock on (remove magnetism).
·Remove loadouts (BRING BACK ARENA WARFARE!)
·Remove DMR (BR only)
·Power down the Assault rifle and all other overpowered weapons.
·Make the energy shields more resistant.
·Remove Promethean weapons OR make them more fair.
·REMOVE THE BOLTSHOT 343I!
·Make more on-disc maps (don’t charge us with DLC)
·Bring back grenade resupply.
·In-map weapons and grenades.
·Add dynamic maps.
·Make a fair weapon balance.
·Remove damage and speed boosts.
·Add new and original playlists (no 343i, Inifnity Slayer is not original).
·Make the Sniper rifles’ reticules smaller (just like H3’s). Everyone can make snapshots easily…
·Bring back old CTF (seriously 343i, always displaying the flag’s location removes strategy)
·Remove Dominion.
·Remove Flood, bring back Halo 3’s Living Dead.
·Remove Regicide.
·Bring back two handed weapons.
·Don’t call them War Games. It’s Matchmaking, please!
·Remove grenade marker.
·Remove hit marker.
·Remove flinching (seriously 343i, these are Spartans…)
·Bring back auto-stand up when being fired while crouching.
·Make Spartans slower (like Halo 3)
·Remove Killcams
·Remove a buch of useless medals (comeback kill? are you serious?)
·Remove point-based score system. Make it like Halo 3.
·Bring back Invasion!

Overrall universe:
·Stop milking the franchise! (No more Spartan Assault, no more TV series or senseless novels!)
·Clean the Halo lore (no more Promethean stuff).
·Bring the epic music back (please, Davidge must leave).
·And the most important thing 343i, BRING MY OLD HALO BACK!

And many other issues I don’t remember at this moment. I have faith in you 343i. If you decide to read this message, or at least care a little bit, I’d be proud of you. I know you are aware of what you did with H4, and I know you’ll listen to the community and this is the least thing you can do to bring Halo back. Don’t ban me, read the message. Be fair. And most importantly, videogames are a product and I’m a consumer and as a consumer, I have the rights to complain about the things I don’t like. 343i, I trust in you. Fix Halo. Bring the old Halo back. I know you can do it!!

If you decide to make the next Halo just like Halo 4, goodbye forever. And believe me, I’m not alone. I speak for the 380,000 people who stopped not only playing Halo 4, but stopped from supporting you. Give me a reason to be wrong. We (the true Halo fans) don’t want Spartan Assault, we don’t want a TV series, a new Palmer novels… we want the very same reason why we loved Halo in the past: a competitive and fair first person shooter videogame. If you listen to your actual fanbase, believe me, you’d earn twice the money you already earn. Stop searching for new audiences. We are your only audience, 343i. We, the fans. Follow the steps of Bungie.

By the way, I tried the best I could to make this post more “positive” with “constructive” opinions. Hope to not get banned again. Thanks for your time, guys.

(Bungie’s Destiny looks freaking awesome… I miss Bungie…)

> here we go:
>
> Campaign:
> 1.Return Halo to its roots
> 2·The next Halo game should be about Halo rings, NOT about never mentioned-characters such as the Didact or the Librarian.
> 3·Make a story with sense (NOT based on the novels or other non-game related. If you play CE after Reach, makes sense. 2 after CE, makes sense. 3 after 2, makes sense. 4 after 3… doesn’t make any sense at all)
> 4·Bring the Covenant Prophets back.
> 5·The Arbiter and the Elites should return, allied to the mankind (seriously, 343i? What happened with the truce?)
> 6·Forerunners should be mysterious once more (don’t call everything Forerunner).
> 7·Bring back the Monitors (Oracles).
> 8·No more Spartans. Halo is about Master Chief.
> 9·No more Didact.
> 10·Don’t make Master Chief an stupid anymore (like you did in H4)
> 11·The UNSC should be more important.
> 12·Bring Lord Hood back.
> 13·Please, don’t involve Halsey or Palmer anymore!
> 14·Spartan Ops shouldn’t be part of the Halo main story (honestly 343i, no one cares about them)
> 15·Add an actual challenge (just like Halo 2)
> 16·An open world main campaign would be awesome.
> 17·Return Cortana in an orignal way.
> 18·Bring the epic parts back (like H3’s Scarab assault).
> 19·Bring old characters back (such as Buck, Miranda Dare or even Jun)
> 20·Spartan Ops is good, but improve them by making them less repetitive (add more missions)
> 21·Bring back Firefight.

No offense I don’t like this list, so I numbered it and will go over it

  1. What?

  2. Halo 3 terminals had the Librarian and Didact so they were mentioned, and no, I hope they don’t rehash the same boring Halo Ring plot

  3. Why shouldn’t they involve the novels? What’s the point of having the books if they don’t link to the games?

  4. Not likely, they are running to avoid being murdered by the Sangheili

  5. We are still allies with them, not for long I’d assume as Jul can topple it with the truth about ONI, because they don’t appear doesn’t mean they aren’t are ally

  6. Why? Why should they? They don’t need to

  7. Well Spark survived so…

  8. No it isn’t, most of the stories in the Halo Universe don’t involve Chief

  9. Well guess what, it’s been stated he’s a main character so he will return, ha

  10. “Don’t make Master Chief an stupid anymore” ಠ_ಠ But really he isn’t stupid in Halo 4, he actually acts human

  11. They were important in Halo 4

  12. Not opposed to this

  13. Opposed to this

  14. Spartan Ops should

  15. Halo 2 wasn’t hard

  16. No, it doesn’t fit Halo, more like CE I’d agree with (open levels like “Halo”)

  17. Nononononononononononononono did I mention NO, she blew up, She. Is. Dead

  18. Scarabs got boring quick

  19. Miranda died ಠ_ಠ Not opposed to the others listed returning

  20. I’d say the more missions are the reason why SpOps was repetitive

  21. Maybe

EDIT: Missed this

> Overrall universe:
> ·Stop milking the franchise! (No more Spartan Assault, no more TV series or senseless novels!)
> ·Clean the Halo lore (no more Promethean stuff).
> ·Bring the epic music back (please, Davidge must leave).
> ·And the most important thing 343i, BRING MY OLD HALO BACK!

Franchise implies it’s more than the games

Spartan Assault is awesome, it’s incredibly fun and I can play Halo on the go. If you don’t like the TV show, don’t watch it, but I am excited, Spielberg is a great producer and I really want to see his take on the awesome Halo series. How are the novels senseless? In that case I could argue so is multiplayer, the novels have set up the story since pre-combat evolved and are as, if not more so important

So what I’m inferring from this post is you want Covenant and a Halo ring and Sangheili allies, so basically the equivalent of one of my least favourite games, Halo 3, why should the Prometheans be removed?

I like Davidage, maybe more of Saltas work

Your campaign suggestions would ruin it imo

I meant, Veronica Dare (sorry). And almost everything you listed is completely personal preferences or contradictions against my post. I don’t see any professional reply.

> I meant, Veronica Dare (sorry). And almost everything you listed is completely personal preferences or contradictions against my post. I don’t see any professional reply.

I don’t see professional reasons as to why stuff should be removed and calling the books SENSELESS

> > I meant, Veronica Dare (sorry). And almost everything you listed is completely personal preferences or contradictions against my post. I don’t see any professional reply.
>
> I don’t see professional reasons as to why stuff should be removed all calling the books SENSELESS

Maybe because I started playing Halo for the games? I mean, you call Halo 3 the worst… are you serious? So for you, Halo 4 is a “good” Halo game?

I’ve never ever read any novel (nor from Bungie or from 343i), but with Bungie, those novels weren’t even mentioned in the main games. With 343i, everything appart from the videogames is far more important that the game itself. That’s why I call them SENSELESS. If I’d like a novel I’d read Harry Potter, but this is Halo! A videogame!

> > > I meant, Veronica Dare (sorry). And almost everything you listed is completely personal preferences or contradictions against my post. I don’t see any professional reply.
> >
> > I don’t see professional reasons as to why stuff should be removed all calling the books SENSELESS
>
> Maybe because I started playing Halo for the games? I mean, you call Halo 3 the worst… are you serious? So for you, Halo 4 is a “good” Halo game?
>
> I’ve never ever read any novel (nor from Bungie or from 343i), but with Bungie, those novels weren’t even mentioned in the main games. With 343i, everything appart from the videogames is far more important that the game itself. That’s why I call them SENSELESS. If I’d like a novel I’d Harry Potter, but this is Halo! A videogame!

I started playing Halo with the games on CE, I only got into the lore in 2008, I realised how stupid and full of plotholes Halo 3 is

So, you’ve never read a novel but you somehow know that they were never mentioned in game? Ok, yeah, makes perfect sense. Let’s see, the novels address how the war started and all the major things neglected in the main games, even making up for Chief being as blank as a rock.

Is it a bad thing 343 care about other things other than the games? last time I checked they were updating multiplayer among as having a TV show produced, books made and a great spinoff, Spartan Assault. Then the terminals exist to help people who don’t understand what’s going on

Actually Halo isn’t a video game, it’s a franchise, if you don’t want to read the novels I could care less, but calling them useless is a false statement as they have served as the backbone of Halo fiction ever since to 2001 and are finally being incorporated into the games more, as they should have

While we’re stripping things from the game left and right, can we please go back to the actual, classic, original roots of Halo? I’m talking CE : Combat Evolved here. Halo 2 and 3 are not the ‘roots’, more like halfway up the tree.

Edit : I mean at least gameplay wise. I actually don’t mind the direction the story is headed.

> > > I meant, Veronica Dare (sorry). And almost everything you listed is completely personal preferences or contradictions against my post. I don’t see any professional reply.
> >
> > I don’t see professional reasons as to why stuff should be removed all calling the books SENSELESS
>
> Maybe because I started playing Halo for the games? I mean, you call Halo 3 the worst… are you serious? So for you, Halo 4 is a “good” Halo game?
>
> I’ve never ever read any novel (nor from Bungie or from 343i), but with Bungie, those novels weren’t even mentioned in the main games. With 343i, everything appart from the videogames is far more important that the game itself. That’s why I call them SENSELESS. If I’d like a novel I’d read Harry Potter, but this is Halo! A videogame!

Too late for that if you don’t like the novels that’s a problem you have to deal with yourself . If making novels and movies is milking the franchise than you might as well switch to ShadowFall because 343 and Microsoft will keep doing just that.

What I’m hearing is that you basically want 343 to re-release Halo 3, but with new graphics, the campaign missions in a new order, and a few new guns in the same old matchmaking. Plus Firefight, Invasion, and a few other miscellaneous improvements.

(Stripping away all of the story/gameplay elements/changes that came after Halo 3, while asking 343 to be “original”. No mention of what “original” is supposed to look like though, or even an example.)

Oh, and the entire Expanded Universe is thrown out the window.

That sounds awful to me. If you want to play Halo 3 OP, play Halo 3. If you don’t care for doing anything but playing the games, don’t do anything but play the games.

Everything else doesn’t need to be entirely cut just because you don’t like it.

Most importantly, don’t assume your own personal (and somewhat limited, IMO) version of Halo is the “true version”. You aren’t speaking for anyone but yourself here.

As for your your issues with the moderation team-

  1. They are NOT 343i. They are unpayed volunteers and devoted Halo fans. Normal people.

  2. Running around saying things like, “Halo 4 sux, deal with it!”
    is against the Forum Rules. Which you agreed to. You have no reason to complain about being punished for your own actions.

  3. You really shouldn’t be bringing this subject up in the first place. PM the mods themselves if you have a problem with moderation. Otherwise you are again breaking the rules.

Nonsense! Halo must move forward, not backward. I have made suggestions here and there as to how it can, I hope they see the light of day!

TL;DR

Halo 3 still exists. If you want to play Halo 3 then go play Halo 3. If you wanted Halo 4 to be a copy and paste of Halo 3 then you’re quite mad because the Halo community would complain that nothing changes just like call of duty. We all know our community is obsessed with call of duty so there will always be comparison between a fantastic title to a generic one. I’m playing Halo 3 right now because I wanted to play Halo 3. You can do the same. Acknowledge that Halo needs to evolve and change and not always be the exact same. Halo 2 still exists too. Even the online does if you have a PC or you use the “Xbox Connect” thing if that’s still around. Nobody is forcing you to play Halo 4. You have the option to play any other Halo game at any given moment so appreciate Halo 4 for not being a copy of Halo 3 and for actually being different in its own style.

If you’re breaking the rules, you’re banned. Just be careful of things that may be considered flaming and spam and you should be fine.
By the way, 343i has nothing to do with the moderation system here, aside from bs angel. All of the Monitors and Superintendents are community members who have shown dedication.

It not being as competitive as it has been does not mean its dead at all. There is another game in production, a TV show on its way, books being written, and other content. We must have extremely different views on “dead”.

Luckily 343i has acknowledged that they did make mistakes. Only time will tell if those acknowledgments actually meant they will make some more improvements, now that they certainly know what works and doesn’t.

Unless you plan to shell out close to $1000 within this year plus games, I don’t see the point in coming back and preaching about a franchise’s mistakes when you already decided you won’t be continuing with it.

Sure! Lets bring out some bs excuses to go back to Halos, that have absolutely no relevance to what has been set up in the story!
Returning to Halos are fine as long as it fits in the direction of the story. Actually, with the direction many of us versed in the lore foresee it going, Halos may once again become a crucial part.
The Didact and the Librarian, Forerunner stories, are some of the greatest and most promising parts of Halo. The Forerunner Trilogy was amazing, and truly brings some potential for some interesting characters and motives for the future. They aren’t going anywhere, and I’m glad.

Its a new trilogy, built to stand on its own, not necessarily take everything from the original trilogy and run. Yes, Halo 4 had some continuation mishaps, just lack of explanation, really, but it will continue pretty well within its own part of the Reclaimer Saga.

Canonically, the Prophets are going extinct and disappeared. Them returning would be a few seconds of screen time because Elites and other species that recognize how betrayed they were will murder them instantly. Only an insanely amazing reason would fit a return, and only one or two at max.

It was a cease fire, not a truce. The peace treaty was with the Arbiter’s faction, and you’d be naive to believe all Elites would honor it. The Elite factions on the opposing sides are splinters and remnants. Though this could have had more explanation, certainly, it fits. I do agree the friendly side should return, to add some depth and new perspective into the Covenant again.

The Forerunners lost their mysteriousness with the Forerunner Saga, and thats not necessarily a bad thing. It opened up the opportunity to explore them to create new stories, as well as reveal even more mystery. Also, gives them an excuse to bring in more species. Thats a good thing.

If the story allows it, sure. Primordium reveals that Spark is going to be crossing paths with Humanity soon.

With the inclusion of other Spartans, Chief became more developed than ever. Keep the characters coming, especially those who trained with him. Continue the human story line with him, now that Cortana is gone. IVs can take some work, but don’t just get rid of them. New perspectives are always nice. Don’t want people to start saying “Too Much Chief!”

The Didact is one of the best characters in the Halo franchise. Not to mention that voice. For story and epicness reasons, he should and is staying.

What the hell?
Chief finally started doing things on his own, planning out and making backups. Before he was a mindless robot. If you think some humanity in a character thought inhuman is the Chief being stupid… I don’t even know what to say. The impact and importance of the Chief-Cortana side story in Halo 4 went straight over your head.

I would prefer a more balanced view. The UNSC is obviously important, but some inner workings of the Covenant and now the Forerunners can really add some depth and expansion into the story.

If he can contribute meaningfully. And not hiding from the head of ONI like in The Thursday War.

Halsey should have more, good, focus. Palmer, with some character improvements. We saw a compassionate and interesting side during Spartan Assault… bring that in instead of scientist hater from Initiation.

Who is them? Majestic? Infinity? Lasky and friends? They have major roles in the story. If anything, things like Spartan Assault should have a closer relationship to the main story.

Okay?

Save open world for something like Spartan Ops, in a way. While the campaign shouldn’t be strictly linear and button pushing only, there is still a story that needs to be told, and the best way to get that across is to make sure you’re looking in the right direction at the right time. Imagine Chief missing Mantle’s Approach leaving Requiem because he was wandering through caves on the other side of the continent.

If it fits the story. But honestly, bringing her back would negate all the emotional meaning and impact Halo 4’s ending had.

Big battles would be awesome.

Some connections would be nice, but new characters are definitely needed too.

Spartan Ops can use improvements.

If both can be fit.

You basically just said to get rid of every new thing. I’m not a fan of that. Here is my general multiplayer analysis.

Balance. Of weapons, of course, but also of experiences. Vary it up, have variations of all things here. Some playlists taking inspiration from the good parts of Infinity multiplayer. Some taking inspiration from the past. Everyone happy. Plus, load the custom game options to the brim. A completely customizable experience. New and improved gametypes, vehicles, weapons, etc.

I hope you realize that a novel began the franchise. Halo: The Fall of Reach was released before Combat Evolved. TV shows, other types of games, and novels aren’t milking the franchise. They are expanding it, allowing it to grow and reach even new areas. Allow tons of ways to experience the rich universe that is Halo. Quality over quantity, of course, but they haven’t breached that rule yet.

The lore is richer than its ever been. Expand the Promethean stuff.

If Davidge leaves then we are left with yet another kind of theme. We still need continuation, and music implementation can improve too with the same composer. You won’t be getting a perfectly classic soundtrack until you kidnap Marty, but people like Davidge can still make an amazing soundtrack to fit the game’s style and direction and scale.

Who is this “we”? You and your imaginary statistics? While I don’t doubt you’re alone, everyone certainly doesn’t share your opinions. Onward and upward, Halo needs expansion. Improve what is here, create new things. Try new things. From a story perspective, these additional things will be wonderful if done correctly. Why take away what isn’t doing harm?

Your post was pretty good. Too opinionated in some places, but certainly not a spamming hate-fest like some other threads attempting to accomplish similar goals.

We’ll see how Destiny does. I do find it ironic you find it amazing though, considering your push for the original Halo. Destiny has ADS, Sprint, magic, class systems, power weapons on spawn, etc.

> What I’m hearing is that you basically want 343 to re-release Halo 3, but with new graphics, the campaign missions in a new order, and a few new guns in the same old matchmaking. Plus Firefight, Invasion, and a few other miscellaneous improvements.
>
> (Stripping away all of the story/gameplay elements/changes that came after Halo 3, while asking 343 to be “original”. No mention of what “original” is supposed to look like though, or even an example.)
>
> Oh, and the entire Expanded Universe is thrown out the window.
>
> That sounds awful to me. If you want to play Halo 3 OP, play Halo 3. If you don’t care for doing anything but playing the games, don’t do anything but play the games.
>
> <mark>Everything else doesn’t need to be entirely cut just because you don’t like it.</mark>
>
> Most importantly, don’t assume your own personal (and somewhat limited, IMO) version of Halo is the “true version”. You aren’t speaking for anyone but yourself here.
>
>
> As for your your issues with the moderation team-
>
> 1. They are NOT 343i. They are unpayed volunteers and devoted Halo fans. Normal people.
>
> 2. Running around saying things like, “Halo 4 sux, deal with it!”
> is against the Forum Rules. Which you agreed to. You have no reason to complain about being punished for your own actions.
>
> 3. You really shouldn’t be bringing this subject up in the first place. PM the mods themselves if you have a problem with moderation. Otherwise you are again breaking the rules.

I mean, honestly… am I the only who “don’t” like what 343i is doing? Take a look at the H4 population. Basically, 380,000 people don’t like it either. I think you’re skipping the most important part of this post. Almost all die-hard Halo fans left not only because of the multiplayer, but also for overrall experience 343i is doing. So I think is wrong to say that I’m the only one who “don’t” like what 343i is doing.

Also, yes: I’d like to return to its roots, just like Halo 3 and 2. These games were far more competitive than what 343i is trying to do. Copying CoD is NOT a way to improve Halo.

> We’ll see how Destiny does. I do find it ironic you find it amazing though, considering your push for the original Halo. <mark>Destiny has ADS, Sprint, magic, class systems, power weapons on spawn, etc.</mark>

Yes, but Destiny is NOT Halo. Is NOT… Halo.

Most of the suggestions are utterly ridiculous. Halo 4 is definitely not the best Halo game, but it was better than reach in my opinion, and as for your story suggestions why on earth would you want Halo 3.1, the story in halo 4 could have been a bit clearer, but seriously, I would stop buying the games, if they kept just rehashing the plot from the first trilogy. And as for multiplayer, I think a lot of your suggestions there, have much more merit.

> > We’ll see how Destiny does. I do find it ironic you find it amazing though, considering your push for the original Halo. <mark>Destiny has ADS, Sprint, magic, class systems, power weapons on spawn, etc.</mark>
>
> Yes, but Destiny is NOT Halo. Is NOT… Halo.

I realize that.

Just didn’t expect you to favor two drastically different kinds of gameplay and experiences.

Also, all of you are talking about me comparing everything with Halo 3. Heck, I’m not saying to be precisely just like H3, I’m just saying that Halo 3 marked the peak of the Halo franchise. Personally, the best multiplayer and the best overrall experience happened thanks to H3.

And no, I don’t want Halo 3.5. I’m just saying to make the next Halo with some classic Halo stuff. Why not? Installation 06’s index is missing, Cortana’s clone… something like that. I don’t wnat the Flood back, I don’t want another Halo 2. I want something new, with classic stuff (this stuff is the main reason why I loved the Halo universe so much! Or what? Did you like CE because of the Didact? The guy wasn’t even planned yet!!).

> I mean, honestly… am I the only who “don’t” like what 343i is doing? Take a look at the H4 population. Basically, 380,000 people don’t like it either. I think you’re skipping the most important part of this post. Almost all die-hard Halo fans left not only because of the multiplayer, but also for overrall experience 343i is doing. So I think is wrong to say that I’m the only one who “don’t” like what 343i is doing.
>
> Also, yes: I’d like to return to its roots, just like Halo 3 and 2. These games were far more competitive than what 343i is trying to do. Copying CoD is NOT a way to improve Halo.

You just completely ignored the majority of my post to criticize my use of contractions (I was grammatically correct you know…) and to highlight a single line of text (Taken out of context too- I wasn’t just talking about Infinity gameplay elements…)?

To start a population rant? Ok then.

You do realize that people leaving the game in general isn’t proof that they left it because of your own problems with it, right?

> Also, all of you are talking about me comparing everything with Halo 3. Heck, I’m not saying to be precisely just like H3, I’m just saying that Halo 3 marked the peak of the Halo franchise. Personally, the best multiplayer and the best overrall experience happened thanks to H3.
>
> And no, I don’t want Halo 3.5. I’m just saying to make the next Halo with some classic Halo stuff. Why not? Installation 06’s index is missing, Cortana’s clone… something like that. I don’t wnat the Flood back, I don’t want another Halo 2. I want something new, with classic stuff (this stuff is the main reason why I loved the Halo universe so much! Or what? Do you liked CE because of the Didact? The guy wasn’t even planned yet!!).

“Stripping away all of the story/gameplay elements/changes that came after Halo 3, while asking 343 to be ‘original’. No mention of what ‘original’ is supposed to look like though, or even an example.”…

Oh, you SAY you want Halo 5, but that’s all. In effect what you are asking for is Halo 3.5, right down to the same tired campaign cast and conflict. (Halo rings, AGAIN)

And I fail to see how the Didact is relevant.

2 things.

  1. I want Cortana to stay dead. I want to see what Chief will be like without her. I want to see a vulnerable Chief. Sure he can still have the occasional bad Yoink! moment, but I still want to see him as a human, not a machine.

  2. If they remove the books, your going to cut-off fans. And I personally think Halo needs all the fans it has, as there is so much competition now.