343i Better Not!!!

Dear Halo 3 Fans,

Now all of you know by now about Halo 4. Now that there is a new title coming out I suspect that 343i is going to shut down the Halo 3 servers. I love Halo 3 very much. It’s going to hurt allot of people if they shut them down just like when Bungie shut down the Halo 2 servers. Heck I was going to form a Halo 3 only portion of my Sangheili only clan The Warriors of Sangheilios. Plus now I’m hearing about this giving away of the Recon armor for free thing. This royaly pisses me off. This is just another way for them to shaft us. Don’t get me wrong I love 343i. It’s just they need to pick up their A- Game & be the Heroes their supposed to be. So don’t shoot us in the back of the head 343i. Keep the Halo 3 servers up & heck try to bring the Halo 2 servers back while your at it.

Your Loyal Friend,
Heljumper925(W.O.S. Arbiter)

Bungie never shut down the Halo 2 servers, there was a HUGE misconception on this, the only reason Halo 2 was shut down was because the original Xbox LIVE service was shut off, Halo 2 being part of the original Xbox LIVE service, was forced to go offline.

With 343i giving every player Recon on Halo 3, shows they have no plans to shut down the Halo 3 servers, considering you can’t use Recon offline on Halo 3 (last time I checked), it would be a pointless change.

The Halo 2 servers won’t be coming back online unless the original Xbox LIVE service is turned back on, which is 99.9% not likely.

Bungie didnt shut down Any servers, ALL original Xbox live server Games were shut down…and Halo 3 wont be shut down because Halo 3 and Reach run on the SAME Servers therefore if they shut down halo 3 then so would reach. and that is Highly unlikely to happen

> Bungie didnt shut down Any servers, ALL original Xbox live server Games were shut down…and Halo 3 wont be shut down because Halo 3 and Reach run on the SAME Servers therefore if they shut down halo 3 then so would reach. and that is Highly unlikely to happen

This is highly wrong, Reach runs on its own servers, and so does Halo 3, proof of this is when Bungie had control, Reach had its own servers and shortly after the Halo: Reach Beta was done, they moved Halo 3 onto the Reach Beta servers.

I can count many times Reach has went down for maintenance and Halo 3 has remained up when 343i are in control.

> Bungie never shut down the Halo 2 servers, there was a HUGE misconception on this, the only reason Halo 2 was shut down was because the original Xbox LIVE service was shut off, Halo 2 being part of the original Xbox LIVE service, was forced to go offline.
>
> With 343i giving every player Recon on Halo 3, shows they have no plans to shut down the Halo 3 servers, considering you can’t use Recon offline on Halo 3 (last time I checked), it would be a pointless change.
>
> The Halo 2 servers won’t be coming back online unless the original Xbox LIVE service is turned back on, which is 99.9% not likely.

All I’m saying is that I see patterns. That’s what happens when your the son of a ex- Psychiatrist. Plus isn’t their goal is to please the Halo fans. Now I’m not saying bring Halo 2 Back right away, but after Halo 4. Another thing. The only reason they would even think about giving the Halo 3 armor away for free is to say that everyone got the armor. So now that would give them closure to shut it down. Well I say screw that. I want to work for that Armor. I don’t want it given to me for free out of pity. I am a Sangheili. We fight to our goal. We take the Hard way not the Easy way out.

> > Bungie never shut down the Halo 2 servers, there was a HUGE misconception on this, the only reason Halo 2 was shut down was because the original Xbox LIVE service was shut off, Halo 2 being part of the original Xbox LIVE service, was forced to go offline.
> >
> > With 343i giving every player Recon on Halo 3, shows they have no plans to shut down the Halo 3 servers, considering you can’t use Recon offline on Halo 3 (last time I checked), it would be a pointless change.
> >
> > The Halo 2 servers won’t be coming back online unless the original Xbox LIVE service is turned back on, which is 99.9% not likely.
>
> All I’m saying is that I see patterns. That’s what happens when your the son of a ex- Psychiatrist. Plus isn’t their goal is to please the Halo fans. Now I’m not saying bring Halo 2 Back right away, but after Halo 4. Another thing. The only reason they would even think about giving the Halo 3 armor away for free is to say that everyone got the armor. So now that would give them closure to shut it down. Well I say screw that. I want to work for that Armor. I don’t want it given to me for free out of pity. I am a Sangheili. We fight to our goal. We take the Hard way not the Easy way out.

This pattern you are trying to piece together is non sense.

As I said, the Halo 2 servers were FORCED to be shut down, not optionally, it was a Microsoft decision to shut down the original Xbox LIVE service.

There is nothing in Halo 3 hindering the current Xbox LIVE service to force the servers to close down.

The reason for 343i giving out Recon was because they had no plans to code the Road to Recon to work on their website, so instead of making Recon unobtainable in the future, they give it out to all.

If you really did want Recon badly, there has been many years to get in now and you still have another six days to get it.

> > Bungie didnt shut down Any servers, ALL original Xbox live server Games were shut down…and Halo 3 wont be shut down because Halo 3 and Reach run on the SAME Servers therefore if they shut down halo 3 then so would reach. and that is Highly unlikely to happen
>
> This is highly wrong, Reach runs on its own servers, and so does Halo 3, proof of this is when Bungie had control, Reach had its own servers and shortly after the Halo: Reach Beta was done, they moved Halo 3 onto the Reach Beta servers.
>
> I can count many times Reach has went down for maintenance and Halo 3 has remained up when 343i are in control.

At least I can agree with one thing you said Moa.

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making inappropriate posts.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > > Bungie never shut down the Halo 2 servers, there was a HUGE misconception on this, the only reason Halo 2 was shut down was because the original Xbox LIVE service was shut off, Halo 2 being part of the original Xbox LIVE service, was forced to go offline.
> > >
> > > With 343i giving every player Recon on Halo 3, shows they have no plans to shut down the Halo 3 servers, considering you can’t use Recon offline on Halo 3 (last time I checked), it would be a pointless change.
> > >
> > > The Halo 2 servers won’t be coming back online unless the original Xbox LIVE service is turned back on, which is 99.9% not likely.
> >
> > All I’m saying is that I see patterns. That’s what happens when your the son of a ex- Psychiatrist. Plus isn’t their goal is to please the Halo fans. Now I’m not saying bring Halo 2 Back right away, but after Halo 4. Another thing. The only reason they would even think about giving the Halo 3 armor away for free is to say that everyone got the armor. So now that would give them closure to shut it down. Well I say screw that. I want to work for that Armor. I don’t want it given to me for free out of pity. I am a Sangheili. We fight to our goal. We take the Hard way not the Easy way out.
>
> This pattern you are trying to piece together is non sense.
>
> As I said, the Halo 2 servers were FORCED to be shut down, not optionally, it was a Microsoft decision to shut down the original Xbox LIVE service.
>
> There is nothing in Halo 3 hindering the current Xbox LIVE service to force the servers to close down.
>
> The reason for 343i giving out Recon was because they had no plans to code the Road to Recon to work on their website, so instead of making Recon unobtainable in the future, they give it out to all.
>
> If you really did want Recon badly, there has been many years to get in now and you still have another six days to get it.

I call that Shafting you so hard until your eyes pop out.

>

Consider this, 343i have said that they will not offer in-depth stats for Halo 3, but they will continue to host some sort of mini stat viewing for Halo 3 on April 1st, why would they bother with that just for the servers to be shut off in the future.

I am just going to refer back to the Recon here again and say, why would they, wave by wave, roll out Recon for everyone, just for the servers to be taken offline were Recon can’t be used.

It doesn’t add up.

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from calling out members.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Another thing. When the Heck are they going to give us the Frakin ability to use sig’s. I know it’s a employee only thing. But that’s Frakin stupid. Are we not loyal men & women of Halo. We buy all their merchandise & they show no respect in return. The only ones that do show respect are (I might spell these wrong.)BS Angel, snikerdoodle, & you Moa. The rest can go shaft themselves until they show us the respect we deserve. Am I not right?

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making inappropriate posts.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > > > > Bungie never shut down the Halo 2 servers, there was a HUGE misconception on this, the only reason Halo 2 was shut down was because the original Xbox LIVE service was shut off, Halo 2 being part of the original Xbox LIVE service, was forced to go offline.
> > > > >
> > > > > With 343i giving every player Recon on Halo 3, shows they have no plans to shut down the Halo 3 servers, considering you can’t use Recon offline on Halo 3 (last time I checked), it would be a pointless change.
> > > > >
> > > > > The Halo 2 servers won’t be coming back online unless the original Xbox LIVE service is turned back on, which is 99.9% not likely.
> > > >
> > > > All I’m saying is that I see patterns. That’s what happens when your the son of a ex- Psychiatrist. Plus isn’t their goal is to please the Halo fans. Now I’m not saying bring Halo 2 Back right away, but after Halo 4. Another thing. The only reason they would even think about giving the Halo 3 armor away for free is to say that everyone got the armor. So now that would give them closure to shut it down. Well I say screw that. I want to work for that Armor. I don’t want it given to me for free out of pity. I am a Sangheili. We fight to our goal. We take the Hard way not the Easy way out.
> > >
> > > This pattern you are trying to piece together is non sense.
> > >
> > > As I said, the Halo 2 servers were FORCED to be shut down, not optionally, it was a Microsoft decision to shut down the original Xbox LIVE service.
> > >
> > > There is nothing in Halo 3 hindering the current Xbox LIVE service to force the servers to close down.
> > >
> > > The reason for 343i giving out Recon was because they had no plans to code the Road to Recon to work on their website, so instead of making Recon unobtainable in the future, they give it out to all.
> > >
> > > If you really did want Recon badly, there has been many years to get in now and you still have another six days to get it.
> >
> > I call that Shafting you so hard until your eyes pop out.
>
> Consider this, 343i have said that they will not offer in-depth stats for Halo 3, but they will continue to host some sort of mini stat viewing for Halo 3 on April 1st, why would they bother with that just for the servers to be shut off in the future.
>
> I am just going to refer back to the Recon here again and say, why would they, wave by wave, roll out Recon for everyone, just for the servers to be taken offline were Recon can’t be used.
>
> It doesn’t add up.

Only certain people realize when their being shafted.

>

No, you are not right in my opinion.

Signatures are limited to Admins, Mods or users with 6001+ posts so they are not abused, as of now, there is no way to report signatures other than PMing an Admin or Mod and informing them, if all users had signatures, there would be a lot of signature abuse and there is still an error which lets anyone have a signature with 128 lines like this:

T
H
I
S
I
S
A
M
E
S
S
E
D
U
P
S
I
G

And it just goes on like that for 128 lines, it was abused in Gamma and it will now.

>

All I am reading now is, Moa has told me facts, I am not getting the way I wanted, so we will try to talk mysteriously to look cool.

I have told you fact, not opinion, the Halo 3 servers are not going anywhere any time soon, heck if they somehow managed to shut off permanently in 2012 or even 2013, I would giveaway a 12 month code on the forums.

Now understand 343i. I am still a loyalist to you & Halo. But I don’t agree with what I’m seeing. I also don’t agree with the way treat us. Like you own us & that we can’t have the same rights as you. But I would still fight for the good things about you.

> >
>
> No, you are not right in my opinion.
>
> Signatures are limited to Admins, Mods or users with 6001+ posts so they are not abused, as of now, there is no way to report signatures other than PMing an Admin or Mod and informing them, if all users had signatures, there would be a lot of signature abuse and there is still an error which lets anyone have a signature with 128 lines like this:
>
> T
> H
> I
> S
> I
> S
> A
> M
> E
> S
> S
> E
> D
> U
> P
> S
> I
> G
>
>
> And it just goes on like that for 128 lines, it was abused in Gamma and it will now.
>
>
>
>
> >
>
> All I am reading now is, Moa has told me facts, I am not getting the way I wanted, so we will try to talk mysteriously to look cool.
>
> I have told you fact, not opinion, the Halo 3 servers are not going anywhere any time soon, heck if they somehow managed to shut off permanently in 2012 or even 2013, I would giveaway a 12 month code on the forums.

I do respect you as an XBL Friend & I also respect your opinion. But I’ve been on this website longer than you. I deserve a sig just as much & so does everyone else.

> > >
> >
> > No, you are not right in my opinion.
> >
> > Signatures are limited to Admins, Mods or users with 6001+ posts so they are not abused, as of now, there is no way to report signatures other than PMing an Admin or Mod and informing them, if all users had signatures, there would be a lot of signature abuse and there is still an error which lets anyone have a signature with 128 lines like this:
> >
> > T
> > H
> > I
> > S
> > I
> > S
> > A
> > M
> > E
> > S
> > S
> > E
> > D
> > U
> > P
> > S
> > I
> > G
> >
> >
> > And it just goes on like that for 128 lines, it was abused in Gamma and it will now.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > >
> >
> > All I am reading now is, Moa has told me facts, I am not getting the way I wanted, so we will try to talk mysteriously to look cool.
> >
> > I have told you fact, not opinion, the Halo 3 servers are not going anywhere any time soon, heck if they somehow managed to shut off permanently in 2012 or even 2013, I would giveaway a 12 month code on the forums.
>
> I do respect you as an XBL Friend & I also respect your opinion. But I’ve been on this website longer than you. I deserve a sig just as much & so does everyone else.

You don’t deserve anything, nor do I, the signature ability is a token of appreciation for posting & helping out users around Waypoint, if you continue to do this and not argue about a silly feature, you would get it one day.

As I have stated, it is up for easy abuse, if it was put out for anyone to use, we would have signatures linking to shock sites, horrible photos and…

S
I
G
S

L
I
K
E

T
H
I
S

which to be frank, I don’t see the point in putting all the extra work in for the moderation team when it is hard enough already for them with the influx of Halo 4 posts & most likely leaks coming in the near future.

You get a sig if you’re an SI or Moderator. Yopu also get one when you hit the rank of Spartan.

Also, H2 went down because it became incompatible once they updated XBL, if memory serves. Moa is correct on this one.

I stand my ground.

> I stand my ground.

What ground is there to stand on, the facts are dropping like bombs.

  • Halo 2 wasn’t optionally shut down, it was forced to shut down
  • Signatures are open to wild abuse if given to all users

I’m done with this topic, if you want to continue this sensibly, PM me, you are acting childish right now not wanting to accept facts in the slightest.

You know what I’ll leave the sig subject alone. I’ll also believe you when you say Halo 3 will stay. But I do think they should return Halo 2. Some how anyway. Because I know you won’t even do a Halo 2 Anniversary. So I’ll accept that. But you guy’s need to find a way to convert the Halo 2 severs for the XBOX 360. That is all I care about now. So I’ll accept defeat on this one. I am sorry for my trouble.

Eh… I was a bit disappointed about not being able to have a signature but I understand why.

And as for the Halo 3 servers, I doubt they will be going down any time soon, and when they do they will go down with the Reach servers.