Halo 2/3 Lobby System > Halo4 Roster

Simple armor customization > piles of trash to unlock

XP > Casual time played Credits

1-50 ranks > SR 150 Casual ranks

Simple Load-outs > Multiple and unbalanced load-outs

Small-Medium size maps > Big maps w/ sprint in mind

Few Simple armor abilities > widespread complex armor abilities

What can you add?

Hmmm what is this topic about? All the nice thing they add up in Halo 4 that make the game better. Or is this a bash thread about Halo 2 option yoinking up baddly? Maybe both.

The topic is that they have to change everything for the sake of changing it.

Some simple Halo things are meant to stay.

The lobby system being worse than in previous games I can agree with, the rest? Not so much.

I’m pretty sure they announced that they will add ranked (1-50) playlists.

As far as most of the rest? They are the same as previous games only with more options, how is that bad?

> The lobby system being worse than in previous games I can agree with, the rest? Not so much.
>
> <mark>I’m pretty sure they announced that they will add ranked (1-50) playlists.</mark>
>
> As far as most of the rest? They are the same as previous games only with more options, how is that bad?

They announced they will be adding a visible rank that will only be avalable to see on this website. doesn’t change anything

> The topic is that they have to change everything for the sake of changing it.
>
> Some simple Halo things are meant to stay.

You know what, your right!

Let’s go even further back, shall we?

1-50 ranks? Pfft, dun need em. Halo CE didn’t have them, and that game practically launched MLG!

BR? DMR? Alien weapons? Forget them, all I need is an Assault Rifle, Magnum, and some frags. Worked for CE, was simple, no?

Armour customization? Hahahahaha. Just let me change the colour ONLY, and we’ll be good to go.

Vehicles? Warthog, Ghost, and Scorpion only, please. No Banshees, or Wraiths. Complicates things too much.

Gametypes? PSHAW. Team Slayer and CTF only!

See, the problem with your simplification, is you’re not going back far enough. What we really need, is one whole Halo game, where all you do, is start at opposing ends of the hallway, and just run at the other guy, guns blazing. Pretty simple.

…and pretty freaking dull. If you feel Halo 4 is too complicated for you, all the past titles are there for you to enjoy. Some of them don’t even feature multiplayer any more, too, one less complication!

> > The lobby system being worse than in previous games I can agree with, the rest? Not so much.
> >
> > <mark>I’m pretty sure they announced that they will add ranked (1-50) playlists.</mark>
> >
> > As far as most of the rest? They are the same as previous games only with more options, how is that bad?
>
> They announced they will be adding a visible rank that will only be avalable to see on this website. doesn’t change anything

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/02/Halo-4-Competitive-Skill-Rank-Announcement.aspx

Which playlists will support CSR?
All competitive playlists will support and track CSR. As the playlists will continuously change post-launch, the exact list of playlists that will support CSR will be determined when the system is ready to drop.

Will a CSR be ‘assigned to me’ once the system launches? Or do I need to start fresh?
Matchmaking and hoppers will be tracking and analyzing data from Day 1, and when the final settings for CSR are in place, we’ll make the call on whether to use existing data as a baseline for your CSR, or to start everyone fresh in new playlists.

Right here they talk about the ranks being tracked in competitive playlists, which suggests that only some playlists will be competetive.
They also suggest that they may just make new playlists for the visible ranking system, which as I understand it, would mean ranked playlists like the ones in Halo 2 and 3.

> > > The lobby system being worse than in previous games I can agree with, the rest? Not so much.
> > >
> > > <mark>I’m pretty sure they announced that they will add ranked (1-50) playlists.</mark>
> > >
> > > As far as most of the rest? They are the same as previous games only with more options, how is that bad?
> >
> > They announced they will be adding a visible rank that will only be avalable to see on this website. doesn’t change anything
>
> http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/02/Halo-4-Competitive-Skill-Rank-Announcement.aspx
>
> Which playlists will support CSR?
> All competitive playlists will support and track CSR. As the playlists will continuously change post-launch, the exact list of playlists that will support CSR will be determined when the system is ready to drop.
>
> Will a CSR be ‘assigned to me’ once the system launches? Or do I need to start fresh?
> Matchmaking and hoppers will be tracking and analyzing data from Day 1, and when the final settings for CSR are in place, we’ll make the call on whether to use existing data as a baseline for your CSR, or to start everyone fresh in new playlists.
>
>
> Right here they talk about the ranks being tracked in competitive playlists, which suggests that only some playlists will be competetive.
> They also suggest that they make just make new playlists for the visible ranking system, which as I understand it, would mean ranked playlists like the ones in Halo 2 and 3.

Funny how people seem to overlook this. Additionally, Frankie commented that it is entirely possible for CSR to be visible in-game. So, if enough of you guys make it known that you want this in a civil and mature way to 343 instead of bashing them and raging like children, then you will help your cause.