343i and DLC achievements.

Now I kind of made my feelings clear on the Crimson Map Pack achievements and your previous achievements here:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst172944_343i-please-fix-your-future-DLC-achievements.aspx

Basically many of the DLC “achievements” in this pack, IMO, have been ridiculous. The criteria factors in luck, other people doing what you hoped they were doing, a specific weapon set and your management of getting it just to have a slim chance of getting it.

Right now:

• Didn’t See It Comin’ - In Majestic DLC matchmaking, assassinate an enemy who’s in zoom mode.

• Bird of Prey - In Majestic DLC matchmaking, perform 5 ‘airsassinations.’

• Flash of Light - In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get a Double Kill or higher with one Pulse Grenade.

are the hardest ones to get. Didn’t See it Comin’ might be the exception but reinforces a point that I need to push into 343i.

I understand the meaning of achievements, but I also understand that they have to be achievable in the game as well which they are but as I stated above it factors in too many variables to be achievement for us, the player.

• DSIC requires another player to be “hopefully” zoomed in (a similar requirement is for ‘Pigs Can Fly’ where they are hopefully using a jetpack and pushing the button) where we have to rely on other people performing that action. The Crimson achievements had a similar problem where they had to use man cannons and perform actions.

• BoP requires airsassinations, in the total of 22 hours I have played Halo 4 in matchmaking, I have only achieved 2. Of course one won’t count as it was pre-Majestic.

• FoL uses one of the weakest grenades, due to the fact everyone sees it and knows its affects. Getting a single “kill” is hard enough.

Now I understand perfectly where the mind set of these achievements is coming from. “No one gets more then two kills with the pulse grenades so getting two would be an achievement”, “airsassinations are rare lets see if people can get them”, “everyone zooms in why not make this an achievement for assassinating someone while zoomed”.

The problem I have is that when you test these achievements, do you actually test the criteria of them in the real world against real world players? or do you test them in a scripted place where all you do is make sure it ‘unlocks’ with the required criteria and no real challenge stands in the way of getting the achievement.

As for us your achievements require;

• teamwork in games where players still work lone wolf.
  • luck that 1 million to one chance occurrence in real world happens.
  • load out being perfect for the requirements.
  • hoping the enemy behavior to be what you hope they do.
  • amount of players in each game type, 4 vs 4 doesn’t give you much chance, free for all is even worse.

All I’m saying is that you should focus more on real world achievable achievements and not multiple factored achievements which is normally heavily against the player.

There’s always been crazy near impossible achievements

They were like that in Halo 3 and Reach. The achievements always get worse with DLC.