343i - 117's Weight Misprint In new book?

In the new ‘HaloThe Essential Visual Guide’…it lists Master Chief’s weight as 395lbs?? According to previous sources, his weight is listed as 270lbs?

It is 270lbs correct?

lol… Lay off the Mc Doubles Chief!! XD

I think the 395 is with the armor and 270 is with out. But thats just a guess so I can be wrong.

Avg Spartan II weight is a half ton (1000 lbs) armor and all, according to all the novels. Kelly’s probably a bit lighter and Jorge is maybe a little heavier.

Without the armor they’re still twice as heavy as they would nomally be, because of their augmentations, i.e. the desired musculoskeletal mutations, synthetic neural dandrite formations, etc.

> In the new ‘HaloThe Essential Visual Guide’…it lists Master Chief’s weight as 395lbs?? According to previous sources, his weight is listed as 270lbs?
>
> It is 270lbs correct?

Newer content overwrites the old.

EDIT: I just bought the book and looked over the section. The height and weight listed are Master Chief with the Mjolnir armor on.

Spartan IIs weight about 180 kg (~395 lbs) without armor; add an additional 500 kg (~1,100 lbs) for the armor.

The weight in the book isn’t inaccurate, it’s just not as complete as it could be:

Without armor:

6’ 10" (208.3cm)
286.6lbs (130kg)

With armor:

7ft 2in (218cm)
395lbs (179kg) [in underarmor shell]
995lbs (451.3kg) [in full MJOLNIR]

This info actually predates the Visual Guide, but we’re hoping you dig the book. :slight_smile:

that clears things up.
thanks!