343- your emblems.... Really? really.......?

I sorta appreciate how 343 keeps us posted on alot of multiplayer type/customization stuffs… I mean those sleek new helmets, -Yoink!- weapon skins, and those SQUEET-RAD-B4LLS-TO-THE-WALL brand spankin new emblems OMG!!! I mean amirite guys? AMIRITE or AMIRITE?..

Okay srsly that was all sarcasm if you couldn’t see the mess of it festering there before your beautiful eyes.

Anyway like- who is there visual designer that came up with these clunky polygonal helmets, CoD jacked weapon skins and for the love of the guardians those bleak emblems that look like the results of those psychological blotted ink tests?

I know it may look like I’m hating on 343- but I’m not- I just have to be serious when I see something that just seems… Sillier than a hat adorned hamster on a XXX-website.

idk about you guys- but aside form these newly revealed emblems I REALLY hope 343 is considering bringing back ALL the old emblems. That right 343- where is my Halo2-3 Cobra emblem ehhhh? You betta not be thinkin about removing that ODST elephant or anything else for that matter.

I’m just saying- unstead of adding these bland emblems why didn’t they think of taking established in-game symbols to use as emblems huh? The different gametype symbol thingies, the AA icons and even actual military branch based emblems? Did no one think of any of those?

I get it 343 I do- you wanna be unique and original and come up with your own stuff from scratch, I get it I really do… I just don’t care- do that afta you get in on the good ideas that have been sitting right b4 your beautiful eyes all along eh?

Anyone else concur or have thoughts?

Edit: 1. While it MAY have sounded like I hate ALL the emblems that have been revealed upon the updates focusing on specialization unlocks I would like to clarify some (like 2 or MAYBE 3) are pretty nifty- but the rest to me seem- like a collection of odd shapes.
2. I do NOT hate anything and everything new- I appreciate them pushing to change the game instead of going CoD and making everything a clone (I loved Reach the most for instance)
3. I just like keeping old customization options as well as adding new- Reach took away some old emblems mind you and while I have adapted I still saw it as an unnecessary and unfortunate design choice.

Edit Edit: 4. Also I’m not saying don’t add anything new- just keep the old as well.
5. PLUS I thought the idea of adding the gametype icons and AA icons were simple and obviously good additions for personal emblems and was suggesting that should have been done 1st b4 making completely original/unique ones, WHICH in itself was a completely reasonable move.

> I sorta appreciate how 343 keeps us posted on alot of multiplayer type/customization stuffs… I mean those sleek new helmets, -Yoink!- weapon skins, and those SQUEET-RAD-B4LLS-TO-THE-WALL brand spankin new emblems OMG!!! I mean amirite guys? AMIRITE or AMIRITE?..
>
> Okay srsly that was all sarcasm if you couldn’t see the mess of it festering there before your beautiful eyes.
>
> Anyway like- who is there visual designer that came up with these clunky polygonal helmets, CoD jacked weapon skins and for the love of the guardians those bleak emblems that look like the results of those psychological blotted ink tests?
>
> I know it may look like I’m hating on 343- but I’m not- I just have to be serious when I see something that just seems… Sillier than a hat adorned hamster on a XXX-website.
>
> idk about you guys- but aside form these newly revealed emblems I REALLY hope 343 is considering bringing back ALL the old emblems. That right 343- where is my Halo2-3 Cobra emblem ehhhh? You betta not be thinkin about removing that ODST elephant or anything else for that matter.
>
> I’m just saying- unstead of adding these bland emblems why didn’t they think of taking established in-game symbols to use as emblems huh? The different gametype symbol thingies, the AA icons and even actual military branch based emblems? Did no one think of any of those?
>
> I get it 343 I do- you wanna be unique and original and come up with your own stuff from scratch, I get it I really do… I just don’t care- do that afta you get in on the good ideas that have been sitting right b4 your beautiful eyes all along eh?
>
> Anyone else concur or have thoughts?

this my sound dumb but if they dont bring back all the emblems so i cant make mine i have had since halo 3 was released then i will be highly disappointed in 343 and a little in halo 4

Like you said, i think 343 is trying to be original and come up with something new. For now i shall not rant because i like that they take the risk to change a beautiful game into wha ti hope will be a great success, so far i think 343 is doing a good job

Unicorns are awesome.
I think that they are doing well as far as emblems. Armor on the other hand…

As long as they still have the RUNE emblem, im happy. Who wouldnt want to be a unicorn PROnight?

which newly revealed emblems are you talking about?

> As long as they still have my RUNE emblem, im happy

RUNE? What is that? Link please.

You’re upset about the emblems? Looks like you don’t have much to be upset about.

I like weapon skins so I don’t see why they shouldn’t have added them in Halo.

Old isn’t always better. I like new things. Seems like a lot of people have forgotten that those emblems from Halo 3 were new at some point.

It’s worked out pretty well for me. Since Halo 2 I’ve always used the ‘Delta’ emblem. One of the emblems you unlock with the Wetwork specialisation looks like a new revamped version of it (The second one down on the right)

> Like you said, i think 343 is trying to be original and come up with something new. For now i shall not rant because i like that they take the risk to change a beautiful game into wha ti hope will be a great success, so far i think 343 is doing a good job[/color]

this

Meh it’s your personal taste, who are we to argue with that lol.

I must admit I’ll just be sticking to either a moon emblem or the prime emblem from the L.E.

I disagree, I like the new emblems and will more than likely be rocking a new one then going back to my Old one, the new designs are very stylistic and match the Spartan IV’s disposition toward their specialization instead of the “Jack of All Trades” Feel of the previous spartan models, I like the new direction and I’ll bet my credibility that there will be at LEAST 2 helmets, weapon skins, and Emblems for everyone. (it might take a while to discover them though.)
IMO Assassin is the best Emblem in Halo History, Bar none.

> > As long as they still have my RUNE emblem, im happy
>
> RUNE? What is that? Link please.

rune

> I sorta appreciate how 343 keeps us posted on alot of multiplayer type/customization stuffs… I mean those sleek new helmets, -Yoink!- weapon skins, and those SQUEET-RAD-B4LLS-TO-THE-WALL brand spankin new emblems OMG!!! I mean amirite guys? AMIRITE or AMIRITE?..
>
> Okay srsly that was all sarcasm if you couldn’t see the mess of it festering there before your beautiful eyes.
>
> Anyway like- who is there visual designer that came up with these clunky polygonal helmets, CoD jacked weapon skins and for the love of the guardians those bleak emblems that look like the results of those psychological blotted ink tests?
>
> I know it may look like I’m hating on 343- but I’m not- I just have to be serious when I see something that just seems… Sillier than a hat adorned hamster on a XXX-website.
>
> idk about you guys- but aside form these newly revealed emblems I REALLY hope 343 is considering bringing back ALL the old emblems. That right 343- where is my Halo2-3 Cobra emblem ehhhh? You betta not be thinkin about removing that ODST elephant or anything else for that matter.
>
> I’m just saying- unstead of adding these bland emblems why didn’t they think of taking established in-game symbols to use as emblems huh? The different gametype symbol thingies, the AA icons and even actual military branch based emblems? Did no one think of any of those?
>
> I get it 343 I do- you wanna be unique and original and come up with your own stuff from scratch, I get it I really do… I just don’t care- do that afta you get in on the good ideas that have been sitting right b4 your beautiful eyes all along eh?
>
> Anyone else concur or have thoughts?

Drake-- Really? Really? this post this post. Really? I’m sure you have an opinion but are you going to play the game just for the emblems?. Oh wait 343 don’t concentrate on making a top notch campaign or spartan ops story we have people on the forums complaining about random stupid things that really doesn’t matter. There will probably be lots of emblems to choose from. Also the helmets are not all ugly alot of them actually look good.

so to sum it up for you.
TL:DR - Stop your whining.

this is my emblem that i hope i can keep using
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/emblem.ashx?s=70&0=2&1=21&2=2&3=21&fi=10&bi=38&fl=1&m=3

> > > As long as they still have my RUNE emblem, im happy
> >
> > RUNE? What is that? Link please.
>
> rune

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I never knew the name till now.

> Drake-- Really? Really? this post this post. Really? I’m sure you have an opinion but are you going to play the game just for the emblems?. Oh wait 343 don’t concentrate on making a top notch campaign or spartan ops story we have people on the forums complaining about random stupid things that really doesn’t matter. There will probably be lots of emblems to choose from. Also the helmets are not all ugly alot of them actually look good.
>
> so to sum it up for you.
> TL:DR - Stop your whining.

Maybe it’s just my opinion- but whining about a game that has already been fully finished and released is stupid coughTitleUpdatecough

But making IMPUT on a game that’s NOT been released to me is 100% fine- especially when commenting on “random stupid things that don’t really matter” or as I like to call it- personalization; which mind you has always been one of the TOP things I have loved Halo for since H2. Not to say gameplay concerns are less iportant- but 343 doesn’t work on stuff one step at a time. The armor and emblem designers are most likely not waiting for them to polish weapon balance or the last campaign cutscenes. I’m just saying while they are doing all these things- that they take care of the small easy and obvious stuff right away.

I like the Atom emblem.

Dude chill out