343 you should do THIS to bring back halo wars!

it still has a good enough amount of people playing but it has been dieing, and to be honest im not suprised with the halo wars site being practically dead and the forums their are shut down. so I have created a plan that 343 should carry out to bring back some hype to halo wars!

plan part one
since the waypoint forum servers belong to microsoft lets bring them down since they are dead and use the server space to show the stats on waypoint useing the same system the reach stats use.

next part would be for the historic battles map pack, and strategic options pack go for free since they come with platinum edition they wouldn’t lose that much money.

on top of that TU 4(i think next is four) would be released with all of those at the same time.

generateing enough hype would defeniately bring back hype to halo wars.

Long term plan after that

slowly move the stats permenantly over here with a 5th title update. and move all of the information on the waypoint site over here to the halo wars section and shut the halo wars site down.

now who is with me?

I’m sorry to all Halo Wars fans, but I really think you guys should just give up on ever seeing any more updates for your game.

I understand how some enjoy it, but as RTSs go? It’s a bad one. A very low population of players regularly play it, and I know firsthand how damn unbalanced it is. It’s just not very fun for the majority of RTS or Halo fans.

I highly doubt 343 will delegate that many resources to improve a game nobody is going to play =/.

> I’m sorry to all Halo Wars fans, but I really think you guys should just give up on ever seeing any more updates for your game.
>
> I understand how some enjoy it, but as RTSs go? It’s a bad one. A very low population of players regularly play it, and I know firsthand how damn unbalanced it is. It’s just not very fun for the majority of RTS or Halo fans.
>
> I highly doubt 343 will delegate that many resources to improve a game nobody is going to play =/.

halo wars is a good game and nobody plays it anymore because the original site is basically shut down. as for being a RTS it was awesome for the console and worked well on the console had great reviews, and a great storyline that is way better than the crud in reach.

halo wars FTW!

> I understand how some enjoy it, but as RTSs go? It’s a bad one.

What? Halo Wars is the best-selling RTS game ever on the console. A lot of people just bought it because it had Halo in the title, while others admired what a great RTS it was. It’s not very easy to make an enjoyable RTS on a console, but Halo Wars made the cut. An amazing and close-knit community submerged from this game and they are still going strong over at www.lazyfrog.us. They may not be the most mature community but they’re still there… lol.

> since the waypoint forum servers belong to microsoft lets bring them down since they are dead and use the server space to show the stats on waypoint useing the same system the reach stats use.

We’ve been exploring different options as it pertains to stats. As of right now, they’re still on the original site with the leaderboards.

> on top of that TU 4(i think next is four) would be released with all of those at the same time.

There’s been a delay with getting the gameplay and balance of TU4 back out there, but we’re expecting to get it on the Xbox LIVE calendar soon. Not a week goes by that I don’t check in with that particular team. I know I’ve said that before but unfortunately things happen, which is why I don’t like to provide too many specifics until it’s actually done. I know it’s frustrating, and I apologize for that.

I’m toying with a few more small ideas, none of which I’ll divulge at this time (due to what I said in the paragraph above!). Do know we haven’t forgotton about this game, though. I know it’s an older title, but we still care, both about the game and the people that continue to play it!

> > since the waypoint forum servers belong to microsoft lets bring them down since they are dead and use the server space to show the stats on waypoint useing the same system the reach stats use.
>
> We’ve been exploring different options as it pertains to stats. As of right now, they’re still on the original site with the leaderboards.
>
>
>
> > on top of that TU 4(i think next is four) would be released with all of those at the same time.
>
> There’s been a delay with getting the gameplay and balance of TU4 back out there, but we’re expecting to get it on the Xbox LIVE calendar soon. Not a week goes by that I don’t check in with that particular team. I know I’ve said that before but unfortunately things happen, which is why I don’t like to provide too many specifics until it’s actually done. I know it’s frustrating, and I apologize for that.
>
> I’m toying with a few more small ideas, none of which I’ll divulge at this time (due to what I said in the paragraph above!). Do know we haven’t forgotton about this game, though. I know it’s an older title, but we still care, both about the game and the people that continue to play it!

you know you guys are so awesome because you keep us informed unlike most game companies.

and thanks for saying that on the stats and title update, however i would like to know about the DLC going free since it already comes free with platinum edition.

> i would like to know about the DLC going free since it already comes free with platinum edition.

I’m not involved in discussions about DLC prices and plans. If I hear anything, though, I’ll definitely let you know.

what about a DLC pack (the two DLC) with a little discount or releasing the Limited Edition Skins for the Warthog/Wraith for XBL purchase

Wow.

Guess I was wrong.

343 and bs angel, you guys keep surprising me with how much you actually DO care about the Halo games…All of them.

If this were Bungie’s project, they would have abandoned it years ago. I guess I was still thinking with that mentality when I replied to this topic.

I’m shocked. Halo Wars is an under-performing game, and you guys still have a team (albeit a small one) working on it…

Amazing.

Thank you for the response. It is greatly appreciated. Please try and keep as informed as you can, looking forward to the other ideas as well.

Chances of the DLC on the marketplace becoming free are very slim. They might reduce the price but since it has achievements on them I don’t think Microsoft will ever allow them to become free.

> Chances of the DLC on the marketplace becoming free are very slim. They might reduce the price but since it has achievements on them I don’t think Microsoft will ever allow them to become free.

Oh please. How many people honestly still use that “Microsoft” moniker?

Microsoft is the publisher of Halo Wars and all the Halo games that have been released. As publisher they have the legal right to adjust prices to what they want.

Personally, I like how only so many thousand people are playing Halo Wars. It’s like how until it was shut down you could find a good hunk of people playing Halo 2 Matchmaking long into Halo 3. 343 recently gave some word that Halo Wars could be continued, and I’m excited for that. I don’t think that it could be entirely wise to dump a bunch of time and money onto something that’s been out that long, but, then again stranger things and stuff exactly like that have happened.

> Halo Wars is an under-performing game, and you guys still have a team (albeit a small one) working on it…
>
> Amazing.

It’s currently under-performing because of TU4 balances being negated, all because a few people wanted to watch some cut-scenes. Once 343 gets that update back in place, the population should pick up.

Thanks for the update bs Angel, but I, as I’m sure a lot of other people, still don’t understand why it’s taking so long for Microsoft to implement the fix you spoke of a few months back. Was there ever really a sure-fire fix ready to go?

> Wow.
>
> Guess I was wrong.
>
> 343 and bs angel, you guys keep surprising me with how much you actually DO care about the Halo games…All of them.

I’m surprised that a 343i staff member actually mentioned Halo Wars at all. It’s been a few months since the last time.

> If this were Bungie’s project, they would have abandoned it years ago.

Bungie supported Halo 2 for 5 years, all the way up to -Yoink!-'s force shut down. Halo Custom Edition/PC just got a patch from Bungie about a year ago, and you know what? Bungie didn’t make that one. It was a port by Gearbox. So, what were you saying again?

> I guess I was still thinking with that mentality when I replied to this topic.
>
> I’m shocked. Halo Wars is an under-performing game, and you guys still have a team (albeit a small one) working on it…
>
> Amazing.

I’m shocked. Halo Wars is the best RTS out there for console, and to say that 343i has a team working on it…That’s a shock too. I’m guessing this team is comprised of three people doing it as a side project if we’re lucky.

> How many people honestly still use that “Microsoft” moniker?

Oh sorry. :B

> > since the waypoint forum servers belong to microsoft lets bring them down since they are dead and use the server space to show the stats on waypoint useing the same system the reach stats use.
>
> We’ve been exploring different options as it pertains to stats. As of right now, they’re still on the original site with the leaderboards.
>
>
>
> > on top of that TU 4(i think next is four) would be released with all of those at the same time.
>
> There’s been a delay with getting the gameplay and balance of TU4 back out there, but we’re expecting to get it on the Xbox LIVE calendar soon. Not a week goes by that I don’t check in with that particular team. I know I’ve said that before but unfortunately things happen, which is why I don’t like to provide too many specifics until it’s actually done. I know it’s frustrating, and I apologize for that.
>
> I’m toying with a few more small ideas, none of which I’ll divulge at this time (due to what I said in the paragraph above!). Do know we haven’t forgotton about this game, though. I know it’s an older title, but we still care, both about the game and the people that continue to play it!

Sooo the TU4 update that was released has magically erased itself from exsitance, and you are finding it differcult trying to install an update that already was installed. You have also made absolutly no promises in your speech here, that actually says your going to do anything, you speak of delays… were you previously a builder? TU4 solved a majority of the unbalanced issues.

Just bring it back.

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/4418.aspx

> > > since the waypoint forum servers belong to microsoft lets bring them down since they are dead and use the server space to show the stats on waypoint useing the same system the reach stats use.
> >
> > We’ve been exploring different options as it pertains to stats. As of right now, they’re still on the original site with the leaderboards.
> >
> >
> >
> > > on top of that TU 4(i think next is four) would be released with all of those at the same time.
> >
> > There’s been a delay with getting the gameplay and balance of TU4 back out there, but we’re expecting to get it on the Xbox LIVE calendar soon. Not a week goes by that I don’t check in with that particular team. I know I’ve said that before but unfortunately things happen, which is why I don’t like to provide too many specifics until it’s actually done. I know it’s frustrating, and I apologize for that.
> >
> > I’m toying with a few more small ideas, none of which I’ll divulge at this time (due to what I said in the paragraph above!). Do know we haven’t forgotton about this game, though. I know it’s an older title, but we still care, both about the game and the people that continue to play it!
>
> Sooo the TU4 update that was released has magically erased itself from exsitance, and you are finding it differcult trying to install an update that already was installed. You have also made absolutly no promises in your speech here, that actually says your going to do anything, you speak of delays… were you previously a builder? TU4 solved a majority of the unbalanced issues.
>
> Just bring it back.

Looks like some one does not look around before freaking out! =)

> > > > since the waypoint forum servers belong to microsoft lets bring them down since they are dead and use the server space to show the stats on waypoint useing the same system the reach stats use.
> > >
> > > We’ve been exploring different options as it pertains to stats. As of right now, they’re still on the original site with the leaderboards.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > on top of that TU 4(i think next is four) would be released with all of those at the same time.
> > >
> > > There’s been a delay with getting the gameplay and balance of TU4 back out there, but we’re expecting to get it on the Xbox LIVE calendar soon. Not a week goes by that I don’t check in with that particular team. I know I’ve said that before but unfortunately things happen, which is why I don’t like to provide too many specifics until it’s actually done. I know it’s frustrating, and I apologize for that.
> > >
> > > I’m toying with a few more small ideas, none of which I’ll divulge at this time (due to what I said in the paragraph above!). Do know we haven’t forgotton about this game, though. I know it’s an older title, but we still care, both about the game and the people that continue to play it!
> >
> > Sooo the TU4 update that was released has magically erased itself from exsitance, and you are finding it differcult trying to install an update that already was installed. You have also made absolutly no promises in your speech here, that actually says your going to do anything, you speak of delays… were you previously a builder? TU4 solved a majority of the unbalanced issues.
> >
> > Just bring it back.
>
> Looks like some one does not look around before freaking out! =)

Looks like someone doesnt look at Dates.