343, you got sum 'splainin to do!

As of late I’ve found a couple things in Halo 4 that quite frankly bug me. And make no sense…

1. Assault Gametype

WHY does this not exist? AT ALL?! What happened and who @343 decided this was a good idea? Ragnarok Assault anyone? NOPE!

Think they got rid of this because of all the asymetrical maps they shipped with the game? Prolly. (Should’ve made more symetrical, bad)

1. Extraction STILL being in other Playlists

It’s still in Team Objective, and Majestic Team DLC. Why?! It has it’s own PLAYLIST? I’m getting SOOOO dead tired of playing Landfall > Extraction OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

1. Monolith CTF

Why is this NOT in MT DLC? It’s the only map that’s truly symettrical compared to Skyline. WHICH HAS CTF? Slayer on this map is getting very, very old. Quickly…

Those are my pet peeves. Discuss!

I can’t say I agree with you.

> I can’t say I agree with you.

You can’t say having Assault, a gametype around since Halo 2, would be a good idea and that it was odd for 343i to cut it amongst several others?

The only point i agree on is the removal of assault, there was no reason to remove it, it can return by modifying the Grifball playlist so will still have hope that it can return, but i doubt it will. Now to the 2 other point’s, Extraction isn’t in any other playlist except Team Throwdown and it should be there since the Throwdown rule’s are alot different from the normal rule’s, and about CTF in Monolith, i think Monolith is just a tad bit too open for CTF while Skyline has plenty of cover, but that’s my opinion.

Assault is a constant want so you aren’t alone on that.

If you want to, please post your MM ideas in the War Games Feedback Forums. The one for Monolith CTF most especially.

I agree on all of these. Especially the Monolith CTF. That map seems like the perfect map for CTF.

I agree with the Assault except alot of these maps could work for assault due to them being asymetrical. They should have had more mid sized maps though. Griffball doesn’t really work for assault because the defending team would be able to pick up the ball, they would have to add it entirely, as a new gametype.

The removed assault because it wasn’t as popular in Reach BTB Matchmaking (I only got to play it 5-7 timesi n the two years of Reach) so I think that dding Assault was at the bottom of 343’s to-do list.

If 343 would just explain the design choice around the Flinch mechanic, That would be great.

Also, Why did they remove Assault? It’s a fan favorite since Halo 2.

There are obviously many problems with Halo 4, as there are many people playing it with different opinions, I still think it’s a great game.

BUT, where is big team capture the flag, who thought to remove that? Foolishness.

> The only point i agree on is the removal of assault, there was no reason to remove it, <mark>it can return by modifying the Grifball playlist</mark> so will still have hope that it can return, but i doubt it will.

True, but it just won’t be the same without the bomb explosion.

:frowning:

> If 343 would just explain the design choice around the Flinch mechanic, That would be great.
>
> Also, Why did they remove Assault? It’s a fan favorite since Halo 2.

The reason for the flinch mechanic is COD. I have no Idea though why there is no Assault. I also don’t know why we didn’t have standard FFA, snipers, swat and multi team at launch. Multi team was one of my favorite playlists in past halo games and I don’t understand why there is no multi team in Halo 4.

> The removed assault because it wasn’t as popular in Reach BTB Matchmaking (I only got to play it 5-7 times in the two years of Reach) so I think that dding Assault was at the bottom of 343’s to-do list.

This is probably the reason. People just didn’t vote for Assault in Reach very much and when they did most had no idea what they were doing.

> I agree on all of these. Especially the Monolith CTF. That map seems like the perfect map for CTF.

Exactly. This map reminds me alot of Sanctuary from Halo 2/Reach. You have a center structure you can go on top of, and below.

You have bridges and walkways off to the side connecting to each Base.

HOW is this map NOT good for CTF? Your saying Beaver Creek and Sanctuary were terrible CTF maps then?

And to the person about Skyline. I agree with the cover aspect. BUT, that allows the other team to do some tricky stuff. Ive 1st hand seen someone run the flag all by themself.

Just bc they HAD so much cover.

Monolith has 3 points of cover, just off the top of my head. (Both sides)

Assault would also work for Monolith. The little opening down below the Beam Rifle camp spot. (Where you land from the Man Cannon)

If not, in the back of the base? It could work. But as someone mentioned, you can
t really turn the Oddball into a bomb. It wont really work.

It’s so stupid we have those 2 gametypes, but not Assault. I understand how much the community likes Grifball, I do.

But there’s SOOO many more players I know who’d rather play Assault.

> The removed assault because it wasn’t as popular in Reach BTB Matchmaking (I only got to play it 5-7 timesi n the two years of Reach) so I think that dding Assault was at the bottom of 343’s to-do list.

I played it tons of times through Big Team Objective. (Which is another story…Reach made it almost impossible to play straight Big Team slayer with any reliability. I feel like one of the luckiest people alive for the chance to play Big Team Snipers on Paradiso twice. Twice in my entire Reach career. Once is like winning the lottery. I’m sure we’ll never see Big Team Snipers on 4.)

I’m finally admitting that after the constant disappointment of not having BTB objective still to this day in Halo 4 has made me give up on it and is putting a bad taste for me in the Halo franchise.

I have been defending this game since it’s release and it amazes me that 343 just blows off literally one of the biggest staples in the Halo franchise that is BTB Objective.

I never thought I would jump aboard the hate train, but I have.