343 you disappointed many people with halo 4!

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam or cross post threads.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Dear 343 you guys changing halos core gameplay pissed a lot of people off more than 50 % of the people have left since release. ordnance drops does not need to be in halo thats what power weapon drops are for! armor ability’s can be in halo but they need to be tweaked and balanced active camo should be taken out as a AA and put on the map jetpack should also be completely removed from the game.

Loadouts are stolen from call of duty u need to make it like halo 3 where everyone starts out with a AR/BR a magnum and 2 nades thata balanced everyone has a fair start! Sprint can stay for social playlist but competitive it needs to be gone its a get out of jail free card! Also bring back descope in halo 5 it makes since to be taken out of scope when shot. You guys also took out classic playlist such as infection, vip, and Juggernaut. Please bring those back their was no reason they should not be in halo.

All im saying is for halo 5 go play halo 3 and build off of that game halo 3 had around a million or 2 million playing it and it stayed to halos core! I truly believe if you bring back halo to what it was than you will bring a lot of the people that left and you guys will make more money. Also divide social and competitive playlist ranks in competitive playlist should have a 1-50 visible CSR in game! Social should have a progression ranking system like halo reach/halo 4.343 please take what i said and do it for halo 5 if you do it will be the best halo made yet. Also when the mlg pros are helping you listen to what they say and it will make halo 5 better for competitive play!

343 This time make a Beta please it will help fix a lot of the glitches and bugs before the release of the game it will also give you time to make a good 1-50 csr in game.

Guys be sure to vote the more yes’s we get on the poll the more 343 will want to bring halo 5 back to its original core! 343 IF U GUYS ALSO BRING HALO BACK TO ITS CORE YOULL MAKE TONS MORE SALES AND MONEY AND THE POPULATION WILL GROW THINK ABOUT THAT U GUYS CAN ALSO DIVIDE SECTIONS 1 SECTION YOU’LL HAVE CLASSIC HALO PLAYLIST THE OTHER YOULL HAVE INFINITY PLAYLIST THAT WAY YOU’LL KEEP YOUR OLD FANS AND NEW FANS THINK ABOUT THIS 343 ALL I WANT IS MORE CLASSIC HALO PLAYLIST PLEASE! IF U GUYS DONT I WONT BE PLAYING HALO 5 AND YOU’LL DISAPPOINT MANY TRUE HALO FANS AGAIN!

Please use paragraphs and refrain from using bad language

Also did you really just sign up to the forums just to wing and moan because that is just totally immature

Implying MLG pros have had good ideas that would suit the majority of the community. Ever.

But that’s just me.

Also, paragraphs really help when trying to get your point across.

> Please use paragraphs and refrain from using bad language
>
> Also did you really just sign up to the forums just to wing and moan because that is just totally immature

If i dont rant about halo 4 how will halo 5 be any better?

They need to make Halo 5 compitive and fair. By doing that you appeal to the casuals and it works out.

If you start with the right gametypes. Halo 4 appealed to the casuals to much and was unbalanced.

I dont like ordance either the only way to get a power weapon or overshield should be through the map.

Also why do I need a tactial package to pick up grenades??? Ive already been doing it all the time for the past 5 Halo games

Well I’m in the minority here, I don’t think they should move too far back to earlier Halo’s gameplay mechanics.

I love Halo CE and Halo 2. Halo 3, IMO was good, too but it wasn’t as innovative as it’s predecessors. And that’s the reason it got stale to me. I guess the population sizes disagree with me, but I enjoyed Halo 4 more than Halo 3.

Halo 3 was easily better for competitive play, but I think the main reason I like Halo 4 better is that they’re trying new things. They didn’t take big risks in building Halo 3, whereas they did in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo Reach and Halo 4. The only one that didn’t work well, IMO, was Reach - and even that had some fun ideas.

All I’m saying is they should keep moving forward. Tweak things that didn’t work, but don’t just remove all of the new options that are basically standard in almost every shooter nowadays. I’d hate for them to just coming out with basically Halo 3 clones, in terms of mechanics, because by Halo 3, it felt somewhat stale to me. It’s the same reason I stopped playing COD. It’s fun, but it just gets boring when the mechanics basically never change.

> They need to make Halo 5 compitive and fair. By doing that you appeal to the casuals and it works out.
>
> If you start with the right gametypes. Halo 4 appealed to the casuals to much and was unbalanced.
>
> I dont like ordance either the only way to get a power weapon or overshield should be through the map.
>
> Also why do I need a tactial package to pick up grenades??? Ive already been doing it all the time for the past 5 Halo games

Agreed which is why i say loadouts need to be gone!

Loadouts are stolen from CoD? Yeah no, CoD wasn’t the first to do loadouts

> Well I’m in the minority here, I don’t think they should move too far back to earlier Halo’s gameplay mechanics.
>
> I love Halo CE and Halo 2. Halo 3, IMO was good, too but it wasn’t as innovative as it’s predecessors. And that’s the reason it got stale to me. I guess the population sizes disagree with me, but I enjoyed Halo 4 more than Halo 3.
>
> Halo 3 was easily better for competitive play, but I think the main reason I like Halo 4 better is that they’re trying new things. They didn’t take big risks in building Halo 3, whereas they did in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo Reach and Halo 4. The only one that didn’t work well, IMO, was Reach - and even that had some fun ideas.
>
> All I’m saying is they should keep moving forward. Tweak things that didn’t work, but don’t just remove all of the new options that are basically standard in almost every shooter nowadays. I’d hate for them to just coming out with basically Halo 3 clones, in terms of mechanics, because by Halo 3, it felt somewhat stale to me. It’s the same reason I stopped playing COD. It’s fun, but it just gets boring when the mechanics basically never change.

They tried new things and they failed simple as that! We cant have halo 5 be like halo 4 or it will suck again! it doesnt need to be a halo 3 clone it just needs to run off halo 3s core! Halo should differ from all other shooters dude!

> Loadouts are stolen from CoD? Yeah no, CoD wasn’t the first to do loadouts

ok but what i mean is we dont need loadouts halo should differ from all the other fps games thats why i like halo 3 and halo 2 halo 4 started to appeal to the casuals and the cod players hoping to get a larger fanbase in return all the veteran halo fans hated halo 4 and the majority of people left.

> > Loadouts are stolen from CoD? Yeah no, CoD wasn’t the first to do loadouts
>
> ok but what i mean is we dont need loadouts halo should differ from all the other fps games thats why i like halo 3 and halo 2 halo 4 started to appeal to the casuals and the cod players hoping to get a larger fanbase in return all the veteran halo fans hated halo 4 and the majority of people left.

I like the new mechanics, but I think in the next Halo we need Infinity and Classic playlists, just to appeal to both sides (judging Halo 2 and 3 turned me away from multiplayer as a whole and I’m enjoying Halo 4) In Team Throwdown I got Team BRs and it felt like Halo 3 with sprint which was fairly enjoyable

Well if they are to do that than they need to spend more time on the classic playlists rather than the ones we have right now!

> Well if they are to do that than they need to spend more time on the classic playlists rather than the ones we have right now!

No, they should spend equal time in both of them, it was stupid in Halo 4 that they catered to one side of the community, they shouldn’t focus on one more than the other, they should care equally (well put more focus into campaign if Halo gets millions of sales then about 500,000 people play multiplayer then they are in the minority)

> > Well if they are to do that than they need to spend more time on the classic playlists rather than the ones we have right now!
>
> No, they should spend equal time in both of them, it was stupid in Halo 4 that they catered to one side of the community, they shouldn’t focus on one more than the other, they should care equally (well put more focus into campaign if Halo gets millions of sales then about 500,000 people play multiplayer then they are in the minority)

Yes i agree but the classic playlist better be good!

> > > Well if they are to do that than they need to spend more time on the classic playlists rather than the ones we have right now!
> >
> > No, they should spend equal time in both of them, it was stupid in Halo 4 that they catered to one side of the community, they shouldn’t focus on one more than the other, they should care equally (well put more focus into campaign if Halo gets millions of sales then about 500,000 people play multiplayer then they are in the minority)
>
> Yes i agree but the classic playlist better be good!

Yeah it should be

I agree with most of what was said here. I hope 343 really listens to the fans on this one.

Personal Ordnance Drops can work, especially for certain games, however earning power weapons is silly in a competitive environment. It makes me (a guy who really enjoys Halo 4) rage a bit because I have no idea what weapons are on the map at any given time. If you want a power weapon you need to beat the other team to it on the map, not have it dropped at your feet.

They really do need to bring back all the old game types we used to have. I love them adding new things which is great, but don’t take out what works already.

Custom Load outs, remove them entirely. I think this was one of the biggest reasons there was a drop in population. The unbalanced weapons were a real problem with this feature, thank god for the weapons update. Custom load outs is still a problem in my opinion, I hate beating a guy in a gun battle only tho have him land a super magnetic sticky grenade and I die instead of him. If Plasma grenades were only map pick ups it wouldn’t be a problem.

Get rid of Jet Pack! Don’t ever talk about bringing this infuriating AA back. Put it right next to Armor Lock. If you want to bring AA’s back don’t allow them to be in any starting load outs. Make them map pick ups only, except in custom games.

343, if you really want to bring people back to Halo 4, and make Halo 5 better make the game play balanced as possible. People did come back after the weapons update, that just goes to show you what we want.

> I agree with most of what was said here. I hope 343 really listens to the fans on this one.
>
> Personal Ordnance Drops can work, especially for certain games, however earning power weapons is silly in a competitive environment. It makes me (a guy who really enjoys Halo 4) rage a bit because I have no idea what weapons are on the map at any given time. If you want a power weapon you need to beat the other team to it on the map, not have it dropped at your feet.
>
> They really do need to bring back all the old game types we used to have. I love them adding new things which is great, but don’t take out what works already.
>
> <mark>Custom Load outs, remove them entirely</mark>. I think this was one of the biggest reasons there was a drop in population. The unbalanced weapons were a real problem with this feature, thank god for the weapons update. Custom load outs is still a problem in my opinion, I hate beating a guy in a gun battle only tho have him land a super magnetic sticky grenade and I die instead of him. If Plasma grenades were only map pick ups it wouldn’t be a problem.
>
> Get rid of Jet Pack! Don’t ever talk about bringing this infuriating AA back. Put it right next to Armor Lock. If you want to bring AA’s back don’t allow them to be in any starting load outs. Make them map pick ups only, except in custom games.
>
> 343, if you really want to bring people back to Halo 4, and make Halo 5 better make the game play balanced as possible. People did come back after the weapons update, that just goes to show you what we want.

I want them to have Infinity Playlists with them

> > Please use paragraphs and refrain from using bad language
> >
> > Also did you really just sign up to the forums just to wing and moan because that is just totally immature
>
> If i dont rant about halo 4 how will halo 5 be any better?

Because you are obviously the be-all and end-all figure of authority when it comes to what is and isn’t good in Halo…

> > > Please use paragraphs and refrain from using bad language
> > >
> > > Also did you really just sign up to the forums just to wing and moan because that is just totally immature
> >
> > If i dont rant about halo 4 how will halo 5 be any better?
>
> Because you are obviously the be-all and end-all figure of authority when it comes to what is and isn’t good in Halo…

Exactly, there’s a difference between ranting and offering respectful, helpful advice

> > > > Please use paragraphs and refrain from using bad language
> > > >
> > > > Also did you really just sign up to the forums just to wing and moan because that is just totally immature
> > >
> > > If i dont rant about halo 4 how will halo 5 be any better?
> >
> > Because you are obviously the be-all and end-all figure of authority when it comes to what is and isn’t good in Halo…
>
> Exactly, there’s a difference between ranting and offering respectful, helpful advice

This is helpful advice i gotta kinda be mean with them i cant be that nice they ruined my favorite game however i will say this you guys kicked -Yoink- on the campaign great job!