343...you better not pull the same crap ea did with mass effect 3 dlc.

Listen, I understand gaming companies are not making as much money via the secondary market thanks to companies like gamestop, but making me buy 4/5’s of the game retail at full price, and then hitting me with another $10 charge to buy the last 1/5th of the game…that’s -Yoinking!- -Yoink-.

Essentially, Mass Effect 3 at launch cost $70.

I’m sure some of you are saying, “Well you don’t have to buy it”…and your right, but I’m an achievement -Yoink!-, there are achievements attached to this, I love Mass Effect more than any game, and I wanted it…but not at $10 especially on launch day!

This manipulation of the market by EA has really soured me on the whole concept of DLC.

Bottom line I will not do this again for another game. I absolutely love Mass Effect and grudgingly did it, but there is not another game series I would be willing to do that for.

I’m just throwing it out there that if 343 does this (talking to you!) I’m not buying Halo at launch. I’m sure I’ll get it eventually, but it won’t be until the price of the game drops, and I can feel justified for paying for the game.

Some may be against me and some might be with me on this issue, but there is a point where you have to say NO to the machine.

…What?

> Listen, I understand gaming companies are not making as much money via the secondary market thanks to companies like gamestop, but making me buy 4/5’s of the game retail at full price, and then hitting me with another $10 charge to buy the last 1/5th of the game…that’s -Yoinking!- -Yoink!-.
>
> Essentially, Mass Effect 3 at launch cost $70.
>
> I’m sure some of you are saying, “Well you don’t have to buy it”…and your right, but I’m an achievement -Yoink!-, there are achievements attached to this, I love Mass Effect more than any game, and I wanted it…but not at $10 especially on launch day!
>
>
> This manipulation of the market by EA has really soured me on the whole concept of DLC.
>
>
>
> Bottom line I will not do this again for another game. I absolutely love Mass Effect and grudgingly did it, but there is not another game series I would be willing to do that for.
>
> I’m just throwing it out there that if 343 does this (talking to you!) I’m not buying Halo at launch. I’m sure I’ll get it eventually, but it won’t be until the price of the game drops, and I can feel justified for paying for the game.
>
>
> Some may be against me and some might be with me on this issue, but there is a point where you have to say NO to the machine.

Are you referring to map packs? An edition to the game? I haven’t played Mass Effect 3 so I don’t quite understand what you’re talking about.

O.o… Um… Could you Elaborate a little more?

Halo is published by Microsoft, not EA. It will cost what it normally costs on release, and there won’t be any DLC because there isn’t anything for them to add in (unlike Mass Effect)

Stop being paranoid.

> > Listen, I understand gaming companies are not making as much money via the secondary market thanks to companies like gamestop, but making me buy 4/5’s of the game retail at full price, and then hitting me with another $10 charge to buy the last 1/5th of the game…that’s -Yoinking!- -Yoink!-.
> >
> > Essentially, Mass Effect 3 at launch cost $70.
> >
> > I’m sure some of you are saying, “Well you don’t have to buy it”…and your right, but I’m an achievement -Yoink!-, there are achievements attached to this, I love Mass Effect more than any game, and I wanted it…but not at $10 especially on launch day!
> >
> >
> > This manipulation of the market by EA has really soured me on the whole concept of DLC.
> >
> >
> >
> > Bottom line I will not do this again for another game. I absolutely love Mass Effect and grudgingly did it, but there is not another game series I would be willing to do that for.
> >
> > I’m just throwing it out there that if 343 does this (talking to you!) I’m not buying Halo at launch. I’m sure I’ll get it eventually, but it won’t be until the price of the game drops, and I can feel justified for paying for the game.
> >
> >
> > Some may be against me and some might be with me on this issue, but there is a point where you have to say NO to the machine.
>
> Are you referring to map packs? An edition to the game? I haven’t played Mass Effect 3 so I don’t quite understand what you’re talking about.

When the game shipped, there was DLC for like an extremely important character. This didn’t come with the game. You don’t NEED to buy it. But again it’s an extremely important character.

I think OP is referring to an online pass required to play said game online. Many games now are coming out like this. Mortal Kombat is one, need for speed was another. I wouldn’t go for this either.

> …What?

LOL at this guy. But seriously game developers often finish their game months before the game is released. This means that the testers are the only ones doing stuff until the release date, this leaves the rest of the guys to work on dlc which may or may not be done for release(usualy the first dlc takes atleast a few weeks before its finished though).

Actually, I’m referring to the $10 DLC you pretty much have to buy when the game was out. I don’t want to spill any spoilers because the DLC is significant, but let me just say I think its wrong to sell a game at full price, and then hit you with a DLC that you pretty much need the day the game comes out.

I was just saying I hope to -Yoink- Microsoft doesn’t do that with Halo 4.

Halo shouldn’t need DLC’s, not campaign wise at least.

I agree. However, I doubt 343 and Microsoft would pull something off like that. Not saying they wouldn’t as there’s always a good chance for anyone of them to do something stupid like that.

EA is such a greedy underachieving company… wow

edit: thanks in advance to 343 to not do this. i hope…

EA is the pariah of the gaming industry. Charges for services already being charged for (online pass? puh) as well as have the WORST servers among any developer.

Heh…I got that free, sorta. I bought the Collector’s Edition and it came with codes for that mission/squadmate(who is freakin awesome!!), and codes for other DLC as well. I downloaded about 4 or 5 things with my codes on launch day. I think it was worth it paying $79 or so especially since it included some other extra little goodies too.

I don’t like the Online Pass though. I think that is complete and utter -Yoink-! I already pay for Xbox Live, so why should I have to pay again to play the game online? Thankfully the game came with a free Online Pass, otherwise I wouldn’t have got it.

You do not NEED the DLC guys… It is a total option (just like every single other Mass Effect DLC). It doesn’t matter how “important” you think it is, it isn’t required to play and have fun with Mass Effect 3. So Please stop saying you need to buy it.

Now with that said, I am 100% against Launch DLC! I think it is a low blow and a clear sign that they are money hungry. I am also against paying for an online pass to play… especially for us Xbox users who already pay $60 bucks to play online.

But guys… (and girls) both of those greedy stupid qualities are qualities of EA not Microsoft! Think about it… Firstly, Microsoft is already getting 60+ dollars from each of us a year to play online…why would they put another price on top of that to play online for an xbox exclusive? So that’s out of the picture. Secondly, Halo has NEVER had campaign DLC so that’s out of the picture.

Please don’t panic about these small things people… Halo 4 will be awesome!