343, you are ruining the Halo series..

Not having a visible rank in Halo anymore ruins the competitiveness that attracted a lot of people to the Halo series in the first place (Halo 2 most notably). Im sick and tired of playing in games with people that have no idea what the hell they are doing. I want to play with people who are at/above my skill level so I can become a better player. I dont understand the reasoning behind not having it. Whats so hard with have ranked playlists and social playlists? That satisfies everyone, the people who want to be competitive play ranked, those who are more into casual gaming play social. Reach was extremely flawed in their ranking system as is Halo 4. If i wanted to just grind out to get xp to get a number next to my name I would play call of duty. I WANT TO EARN MY RANK!!! I WANT MY RANK TO REFLECT MY SKILL LEVEL, not be based on simply who plays the most or spends the most on double xp. 343 did you forget the huge influence of Halo 2 on MLG? Competitiveness is what Halo WAS based on when it first came out, and sadly over the years it has just become a game of casual fun. I remember back in the Halo 2 days when you respected someone who had a high rank and people strived to get a high rank (who achieved it legit of course). I hoped, I prayed, that this Halo would be different. Sadly you guys have lost sight of what Halo TRULY was about when I became a fan of it. Sadly I know that this post will be ignored by 343, as many suggestions for Halo has, and you fools will continue to change the game in radical ways that will eventually lead to the Halo experience being completely unrecognizable by Halo 6. Take into account the original fan base, the REASON you people have a job, that started the huge Halo empire that it is today, and make us happy. Not hard to please everyone, all you have to do is open your eyes and step back and see what you are doing to this series.

Please 343, save the Halo series, bring back an in game ranking system,

A Halo2 Veteran.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Your username is bad and you should feel bad.

[deleted]

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

i r can meme…

Use paragraphs ._.

“Not having a visible rank in Halo anymore ruins the competitiveness that attracted a lot of people to the Halo series in the first place (Halo 2 most notably).”

I hear this alot. And I think it’s about time someone PROVED IT.

Seriously, all we have is a few complainer’s words that it made any major impact. Of course it was that little number that attracted people to the game! Nevermind the incredible story, awesome gameplay, wide variety of weapons, vehicles, etc., it was the NUMBER that drew people in and kept them playing!

> Not having a visible rank in Halo anymore ruins the competitiveness that attracted a lot of people to the Halo series in the first place (Halo 2 most notably). Im sick and tired of playing in games with people that have no idea what the hell they are doing. <mark>I want to play with people who are at/above my skill level</mark> so I can become a better player.

1. You don’t need a visual ranking system for that.

2. We are getting a ranking system in January. They have been working on it by getting actual data from community gameplay, it makes sense we didn’t get it right way.

It’s even more amusing that 343 is actually compromising on the issue and putting it on waypoint and they still aren’t happy.

[deleted]

[deleted]

> Your precious invisible trueskill system does NOTHING, Trueskill hasn’t been in effect since Halo 3. And this January ranking system is Halotracker 50 2.0 and BPR v2
> It’s essentially the same thing, just on a different website.
> To any people waiting in hope for a playlist that has fair starts where everyone is equal and there is no join in progress with perfect skill match ups and visible rank is wrong. Sorry to say but us TRUE halo fans finished the fight in Halo 3

A couple things:

1. How does visibility affect what the system does at all? Seriously, there is no difference.

2. You don’t get to decide who’s a true Halo fan. Thinking that is usually a mark of immaturity, so I’d recommend dropping that attitude. I could just as easily say “True Halo fans love Halo no matter what” and it’d be no less wrong.

> “Not having a visible rank in Halo anymore ruins the competitiveness that attracted a lot of people to the Halo series in the first place (Halo 2 most notably).”
>
> I hear this alot. And I think it’s about time someone PROVED IT.
>
> Seriously, all we have is a few complainer’s words that it made any major impact. Of course it was that little number that attracted people to the game! Nevermind the incredible story, awesome gameplay, wide variety of weapons, vehicles, etc., it was the NUMBER that drew people in and kept them playing!

It’s basic psychology guy.

> > Your precious invisible trueskill system does NOTHING, Trueskill hasn’t been in effect since Halo 3. And this January ranking system is Halotracker 50 2.0 and BPR v2
> > It’s essentially the same thing, just on a different website.
> > To any people waiting in hope for a playlist that has fair starts where everyone is equal and there is no join in progress with perfect skill match ups and visible rank is wrong. Sorry to say but us TRUE halo fans finished the fight in Halo 3
>
> A couple things:
>
> 1) How does visibility affect what the system does at all? Seriously, there is no difference.

It makes a 100% difference.

Am I going to work overtime to buy a nice car if it’s not allowed to ever leave my garage? No.

> It’s basic psychology guy.

So basically, “I have no proof and I’m using my own subjective opinion to determine what the vast majority of regular gamers want/like”

> It makes a 100% difference.
>
> Am I going to work overtime to buy a nice car if it’s not allowed to ever leave my garage? No.

The guy said he wanted a system that matched him with equally skilled players. It does NOT need to be visible to do that, whatever excuse people decide to make up.

The rank system is the least of the game’s problems.

> > It’s basic psychology guy.
>
> So basically, “I have no proof and I’m using my own subjective opinion to determine what the vase majority of regular gamers want/like”
>
>
>
> > It makes a 100% difference.
> >
> > Am I going to work overtime to buy a nice car if it’s not allowed to ever leave my garage? No.
>
> The guy said he wanted a system that matched him with equally skilled players. It does NOT need to be visible to do that, whatever excuse people decide to make up.

If there is nothing on the line and nobody cares if they win or lose it doesn’t matter at all if everyone in the game is of equal skill.

> > > Your precious invisible trueskill system does NOTHING, Trueskill hasn’t been in effect since Halo 3. And this January ranking system is Halotracker 50 2.0 and BPR v2
> > > It’s essentially the same thing, just on a different website.
> > > To any people waiting in hope for a playlist that has fair starts where everyone is equal and there is no join in progress with perfect skill match ups and visible rank is wrong. Sorry to say but us TRUE halo fans finished the fight in Halo 3
> >
> > A couple things:
> >
> > 1) How does visibility affect what the system does at all? Seriously, there is no difference.
>
> It makes a 100% difference.
>
> Am I going to work overtime to buy a nice car if it’s not allowed to ever leave my garage? No.

but a car… is more valuable then having a 50 next to your name … what does “competitive” mean anyway? i thought it meant that you play to win

> Add social playlists along side ranked playlists.

> Add a visual ranking system.

Look, a perfectly reasonable request!

Surely we can not have this!

Oh look, another “halo is ruined cuz i cant wag my e--Yoink!- around anymore” thread.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.