343? Why Halo 3 Inspired Movement?

343i? How could you get inspired by Halo 3’s movement system? Halo 3 by far had the slowest & most delayed gameplay out of the series. To me Halo 3’s Movement felt like you were stuck in mud it just felt very bulky & slow with a delayed feel to it!

Please 343i, Do us all a favor pop in a copy of Halo 2 and let one of The Greatest Games of All-Time inspire you with it’s Absolutely Perfect Movement & Fluid Aiming System!
(Non-Aim Acceleration FTW!)

Agreed its funny that H2 was only built in like 5 months :slight_smile: the BR was sick but i could never do the bxr glitch. I would like to see a southpaw bumperjumper CS. The movement in the Conan vid seems fast like h2 though

> Agreed its funny that H2 was only built in like 5 months :slight_smile: the BR was sick but i could never do the bxr glitch. I would like to see a southpaw bumperjumper CS. The movement in the Conan vid seems fast like h2 though

You have no idea what you are talking about concerning the long, oft-delayed, nightmarish development of Halo 2.

But yes OP, while I agree that Halo 2 is the greatest game ever, I don’t consider Halo 3 to have the worst movement. Just go from Reach to 3 and feel how much quicker and lighter you are. That’s not to say I hate Reach, but it’s obvious Halo 3 is quicker.

I agree the Conan gameplay does resemble H2 alot. I can only hope & pray that it will feel H2 come November.

> > Agreed its funny that H2 was only built in like 5 months :slight_smile: the BR was sick but i could never do the bxr glitch. I would like to see a southpaw bumperjumper CS. The movement in the Conan vid seems fast like h2 though
>
> You have no idea what you are talking about concerning the long, oft-delayed, nightmarish development of Halo 2.
>
> But yes OP, while I agree that Halo 2 is the greatest game ever, I don’t consider Halo 3 to have the worst movement. Just go from Reach to 3 and feel how much quicker and lighter you are. That’s not to say I hate Reach, but it’s obvious Halo 3 is quicker.

IDK? I think Reach feels faster, but hey that’s my opinion.

Halo 3 ftw.
also Halo 3 would work smoother with sprint if you think about it.

Halo 3 has fantastic movement speed and fluidity. I really do not see what you’re complaining about.

Hao 3 movement speed/jump height is faster/higher than Reach…

> > > Agreed its funny that H2 was only built in like 5 months :slight_smile: the BR was sick but i could never do the bxr glitch. I would like to see a southpaw bumperjumper CS. The movement in the Conan vid seems fast like h2 though
> >
> > You have no idea what you are talking about concerning the long, oft-delayed, nightmarish development of Halo 2.
> >
> > But yes OP, while I agree that Halo 2 is the greatest game ever, I don’t consider Halo 3 to have the worst movement. Just go from Reach to 3 and feel how much quicker and lighter you are. That’s not to say I hate Reach, but it’s obvious Halo 3 is quicker.
>
> IDK? I think Reach feels faster, but hey that’s my opinion.

your opinion is factually wrong. you run faster and jump much higher in halo 3. granted, halo 3 has aim acceleration but so does reach. plus in reach every time you dropped from a height that would have you take damage you paused, unable move or aim. i know it’s realistic but it slowed the gameplay down and generally annoyed me whenever it happened.

Has nobody heard of momentum? It’s the reason why Sonic sucks now.

To the people saying Halo 3 felt slow, that was on because the FoV was so closed in. When you look at Reach with its wider FoV, without any statistical information about the movement speed, it felt faster.

I’m glad they’ve just opted to -Yoinking!- move away from Halo: Reach movement. Look at the Conan video for an example of Halo 4 movement. It looks good to me.

Halo 2 was fantastic, wasn’t it? :slight_smile:

I’d rather Halo 3 inspired movement than Reach inspired movement.