343... Why do you crap on Elites?

I just watched the cutscenes for Ep. 8 and Ep. 9 in SpOps, and something made me rage. Exactly how are S-IV’s meant to fight an Elite that successfully in hand-to-hand let alone with swords?

Throughout Halo, as an Elite fanboy, I’ve had to put up with: teh spartans will win de fights cos de are humans dat have to do with teh stories.
They’re always coming second to Spartans. So I thought yeah okay, maybe the Spartans are better at using their gear, but with the gloves off it would be totally different.
See this is how I see an Elite: A giant space Dino that’s incredibly strong as well as being bloody fast and tough. Though when I see some S-IV do so well against one in hand-to-hand I call -Yoink-. The only lot that should be able to come near them in a punch up are the S-IIs.

I mean since when did these guys get all slow like the Brutes? Did you see how slow he threw them punches? Where did that mean speed go that the Elites from Reach used against you to deliver a punch, or even a kick, before you could even tap RB/B?

It’s getting too silly and predictable now.

Spartans are spartans, idk what you are looking for, elites destroy normal humans no problem.

More refined and honed process for making the Spartan IVs?

Genetic tampering by the Didact, he is no Lifeshaper but he is a Forerunner. Maybe he engineered that faction to suit his specific needs better. Including a lifesong to make them fanatically loyal to him and no other Forerunner (ie the Librarian).

For GOD sake no one can realize that these Elites aren’t military standart they are rebels, they have no training or equipments and Spartans are the more trained and prepared military unit besides ODST and the old covenant

> as an Elite fanboy

There’s your first problem right there xeno lover.

Sure Elites are tough, but humanity’s been fighting them for nearly thirty years and this is a new breed of Spartans, the enemy is well known. Even further, this new faction of Covenant is only partially made up of “old Covenant” warriors, many of them are just the raw recruits from that planet that Jul was on.

Right from the beginning nobody should expect the level of lethality of the old Covenant, this is more a ragtag remnant, a shadow of the original.

> > as an Elite fanboy
>
> There’s your first problem right there xeno lover.
>
>
> Sure Elites are tough, but humanity’s been fighting them for nearly thirty years and this is a new breed of Spartans, the enemy is well known. Even further, this new faction of Covenant is only partially made up of “old Covenant” warriors, many of them are just the raw recruits from that planet that Jul was on.
>
> Right from the beginning nobody should expect the level of lethality of the old Covenant, this is more a ragtag remnant, a shadow of the original.

At least one that understood the game

So basically your main problem, is that, they are getting killed by spartan IV’s? Because your one of those people that has a hate--Yoink!- againts them right?

I have no problem with S-IVs killing Elites but it really shouldn’t be so painfully lopsided.

Majestic don’t even try. They just walk straight to the Elites camp in one group and then kill them all, no spreading out, no stealth, just walk straight up to them.

I’m think of the cutscene near the very end in wars where the Spartans destroy a group of elites that attacked them no problem.

OP I love you. Another person on the forums that isn’t close minded can be hard to find somedays. Everyone is all Spartan camp just because we are humans in real life, they don’t appreciate the great story just wanna see some “Spartan -Yoink- kicking bro!”. A lot of old Spartan 2 and 3 fans aren’t ignorant and not all Spartan 4 fans are but a lot of them.

Everyone reading this let me describe the Elite:

Elite Average height 7 foot 5 to 8 foot 5 clearly in this game they’re at least 8 foot because Master Chief, a Spartan-II is significantly shorter than them. VERY good physical strength, equal to or greater than that of a Spartan-II, Master Chief in Fall of Reach depicts them as equal or greater physical strength when fighting one hand to hand in orbit of Reach inside a UNSC wreckage.

Spartan IV: 6 foot 8 average height maybe 7 foot, good physical strength.

Spartan IV’s are NOT Spartan II’s they’re not a skilled and they’re not as physically strong because Spartan II’s have better augmentations that were harder for the human body to accept but made for a great soldier. Spartan IV’s augmentations are meant for the average military personnel they’ll make you a good soldier but you can’t compare them to Spartan II’s.

ALL ELITES TRAIN BY SWORD FROM YOUNG AGE! Even the female Elites taught to fight in case someone attacks the keep. Whether you are a ‘rebal’ or not this doesn’t change. The soldiers of Jul 'Mdama are a little more reckless but not stupid or any slower moving than an average Elite. They used to belong to Servants of The Abiding Truth. And I’m pretty sure the ones closest to Jul would be his best in order to protect him in case of this attack.

A Spartan IV coming to an Elite looking for a sword fight would probably be a joke unless the hilarity of the situation made the Elites all fall on their -Yoinks!- laughing and got killed in the process this fight is 1 tonne of BS. A Spartan 4 with absolutely no sword training (and they never should be trained with swords, mark my words 343) would not be able to kill an Elite in their favourite type of combat in which they are most skilled and have trained with swords since about 6 years old.

This really isn’t a debate HALO FANS. This is getting ridiculous Spartan Ops is a slow cooker of crap I liked it at first but it god so damn cheesy. If you’re an Elite fan, Spartan fan I Don’t Care! As long as you’re a level headed being should can put facts into situation you SHOULD have a problem with the canon of Spartan Ops this is honestly getting RIDICULOUS. Don’t lie to yourselves I know all fans of Halo are supposed to fight together, against all tyrants, so lets remember our old days with our old master Bungie, and fight alongside one another.

The Spartans aren’t ridiculously strong. The Elites are ridiculously incompetent.

> I just watched the cutscenes for Ep. 8 and Ep. 9 in SpOps, and something made me rage. Exactly how are S-IV’s meant to fight an Elite that successfully in hand-to-hand let alone with swords?
>
> Throughout Halo, as an Elite fanboy, I’ve had to put up with: teh spartans will win de fights cos de are humans dat have to do with teh stories.
> They’re always coming second to Spartans. So I thought yeah okay, maybe the Spartans are better at using their gear, but with the gloves off it would be totally different.
> See this is how I see an Elite: A giant space Dino that’s incredibly strong as well as being bloody fast and tough. Though when I see some S-IV do so well against one in hand-to-hand I call -Yoink!-. The only lot that should be able to come near them in a punch up are the S-IIs.
>
> I mean since when did these guys get all slow like the Brutes? Did you see how slow he threw them punches? Where did that mean speed go that the Elites from Reach used against you to deliver a punch, or even a kick, before you could even tap RB/B?
>
> It’s getting too silly and predictable now.

I agree with what your saying but most of all you have to take this up with the people producing the actual CGI vids its not 343.

For those cut scenes 343i has a storyboard and script. The team making the CGI just follows that.

ohh really nvm :frowning:

prpobably because they dont want long dragged out fights just to proppel the story along.

I barely know much about the Elite’s culture, but aren’t only swordsmen or their offsprings allowed to be trained with swords? Remember, we BARELY know much about the S-IV’s augmentations. And these are competent soldiers who were turned into Spartans with prior experience in the Human-Covenant War. Obviously with the skill to survive such a conflict, it will give you knowledge on how they fight. Its very possible that the Sangheili we face are too over-confident and fight blindly.

> <mark>Despite their intelligence, the Sangheili often allow their obsession with honor to cloud their better judgement.</mark>

> For GOD sake no one can realize that these Elites aren’t military standart they are rebels, they have no training or equipments and Spartans are the more trained and prepared military unit besides ODST and the old covenant

What the heck??? The elites born holding their swords, they breath fog of war, and have the highest sense of honor, no matter were they come form, THEY ARE ALL WARRIORS!!
Yeah im an elite fanboy too, and i definitely think that 343i has just make them suck…

> > as an Elite fanboy
>
> There’s your first problem right there xeno lover.
>
>
> Sure Elites are tough, but humanity’s been fighting them for nearly thirty years and this is a new breed of Spartans, the enemy is well known. Even further, this new faction of Covenant is only partially made up of “old Covenant” warriors, many of them are just the raw recruits from that planet that Jul was on.
>
> Right from the beginning nobody should expect the level of lethality of the old Covenant, this is more a ragtag remnant, a shadow of the original.

Well just because I like Elites dose mean I won’t listen to sense. Regards of old covenant new covenant, Elites still train as children (like the Spartans of Greece used too). Plus we don’t know if these S-IVs are anything near S-IIs which are close to Elites in physical power. I can understand I Spartans best Elites in most things but hand-to-hand should always belong to the Elites.

> So basically your main problem, is that, they are getting killed by spartan IV’s? Because your one of those people that has a hate--Yoink!- againts them right?

Don’t comment when you don’t understand the discussion.

Despite their intelligence, the Sangheili often allow their obsession with honor to cloud their better judgement. The Sangheili that are in Halo 4 are more than likely too over-confident with themselves. Need I say more?