343, why do the good maps come up so little?

For real, in one play session, I am likely to play Overgrowth, RIP tide, and Torque a hundred times in each playlist, but Truth and Coli never come up!!!

We need a veto system

> 2533274921838152;2:
> We need a veto system

yes

or atleast a good map rotation algorithm where lets say you play 10 games, youll play at least 6-7 different maps, cause yes while i love certain maps more then others i dont want it to get stale playing them all the time

> 2533274881086487;4:
> or atleast a good map rotation algorithm where lets say you play 10 games, youll play at least 6-7 different maps, cause yes while i love certain maps more then others i dont want it to get stale playing them all the time

It’ll increase search time - and if I remember right - the community said search time was #1 priority during halo 5 development phase.

But yea - that is the only type of “map rotation” that will be effective IMO and I’ve wanted it since halo 3 days.

> 2535466952424899;1:
> For real, in one play session, I am likely to play Overgrowth, RIP tide, and Torque a hundred times in each playlist, but Truth and Coli never come up!!!

It could be because those are “newer” maps. So I’m sure behind the scenes - those have a higher % chance of being chosen.

The other more logical explanation is that the map choosing algorithm isn’t at a player level and probably at a game/server level (remember all our games are hosted on a remote server). Would explain why I get regret, truth, regret, regret, truth practically every time I play team slayer or arena and why you get newer maps only (pure chance based on the server you and I connect to respectively).

I HATE the veto system. All you do is play the 3 popular maps over and over again forever and ever. Same problem.

You get the map that you get. If it is that bad they will remove it from matchmaking.

If you want the veto system on halo 5 !!! I will said NO!!! I really not like veto system at all they will keep same map their fav all time veto that really DUMB!!!

> 2628440139686205;6:
> I HATE the veto system. All you do is play the 3 popular maps over and over again forever and ever. Same problem.
> You get the map that you get. If it is that bad they will remove it from matchmaking.

The veto system is not the vote system… It makes another entirely random selection. You have 2 chances at a decent gametype. The same “3 most popular” maps will not repeatedly get picked…

With the way this game selects maps, it would be much more ideal than the current system IMO.

> 2628440139686205;6:
> I HATE the veto system. All you do is play the 3 popular maps over and over again forever and ever. Same problem.
> You get the map that you get. If it is that bad they will remove it from matchmaking.

I don’t think you understand the difference between a Veto system and a Vote system. Vote system encourages the same maps to be chosen again and again. Veto system however, throws the first one away and rolls the dice again so to speak. It works very well because only a majority number of players vetoing can induce another random choice to be generated. Players then also need to think about how they veto. You might get slayer on Truth, but if you veto you might end up worse off with slayer on Rip Tide! This then implements a choice for players, but not 100% control. Perfect.

I got ARK 6 times in a row once…

RIP my controller.

Wait someone wants truth to show up?

A map vote would be the most sensible thing to do. There should be three choices.

1. The previous map (with no more than two consecutive games on the same map.)
  2. The next map in the playlist.
  3. A random map.

So tired of Riptide and Regret/Truth (same map, really). Would love a vote or veto option.

> 2533274973681092;10:
> I got ARK 6 times in a row once…
>
> RIP my controller.

your hell = my heaven :smiley:

for op: i got riptide 6/10 of my games in FFA placement matches, lol rip

If there was veto, then I’d never be able to play on Overgrowth again. I like Overgrowth.

Yea, it’s always the same things. They at least need to make it so that fan favorites have a higher percentage of showing up.

> 2535466952424899;1:
> For real, in one play session, I am likely to play Overgrowth, RIP tide, and Torque a hundred times in each playlist, but Truth and Coli never come up!!!

The beauty of RNG…

> 2533274921838152;2:
> We need a veto system

Yes!