343, whatever you do...

Please, PLEASE, return swordfighting to it’s former Halo 3 glory.

Halo 3-era swordplay was a wonderful test of skill, perseverance, wit, and several British-sounding adjectives used when referring to “The Hunt”.
While Reach’s swordsmanship was left lacking, and was rife with foul shenanigans.

I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day on the gray floors of Warhouse,
former MLG pros, and former casual noobs will be able to sit down together
at the table of righteous bloodsport.
I have a dream that one day even the map of Blood Gulch, a map
ringing with the hail of gunfire, rumbling with the tread of vehicles,
will be transformed into a colliseum of honorable duels.
And if Halo 4 is to be a great game this must become true.
Let blades clash from the mobius labryinth of Wraparound.
Let blades clash on the barren shell of Requiem.
Let blades clash in every room and every chamber aboard the UNSC Infinity. In every simulation, let blades clash.
And when this happens, when we allow swords to clash, when we let them ring from every valley and every millitary base, from every planet and every construct, we will be able to speed up that day when all of Halo’s players will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old geeky gamer, "Fun at last! Fun at last! Thank the Guardians, we are having fun at last!"

But seriously though, put it in, it was awesome.

Um, no. I want new things.

> Um, no. I want new things.

Name one new thing that they can do with swordfighting.

> Please, PLEASE, return swordfighting to it’s former Halo 3 glory.
>
> Halo 3-era swordplay was a wonderful test of skill, perseverance, wit, and several British-sounding adjectives used when referring to “The Hunt”.
> While Reach’s swordsmanship was left lacking, and was rife with foul shenanigans.
>
> I have a dream today.
> I have a dream that one day on the gray floors of Warhouse,
> former MLG pros, and former casual noobs will be able to sit down together
> at the table of righteous bloodsport.
> I have a dream that one day even the map of Blood Gulch, a map
> ringing with the hail of gunfire, rumbling with the tread of vehicles,
> will be transformed into a colliseum of honorable duels.
> And if Halo 4 is to be a great game this must become true.
> Let blades clash from the mobius labryinth of Wraparound.
> Let blades clash on the barren shell of Requiem.
> Let blades clash in every room and every chamber aboard the UNSC Infinity. In every simulation, let blades clash.
> And when this happens, when we allow swords to clash, when we let them ring from every valley and every millitary base, from every planet and every construct, we will be able to speed up that day when all of Halo’s players will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old geeky gamer, "Fun at last! Fun at last! Thank the Guardians, we are having fun at last!"
>
>
>
>
> But seriously though, put it in, it was awesome.

They can take our money, BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR ENERGY SWORDS!

LONG LIVE SWORD DUELS!

> > Um, no. I want new things.
>
> Name one new thing that they can do with swordfighting.

I was talking more about the blood gulch part and swordfighting can’t change because… it’s swordfighting OR they could make useable katanas :slight_smile:

Sounds like you want Halo 3.5!!

Typical response to any fan boy of Bungie/343i

> Sounds like you want Halo 3.5!!
>
> Typical response to any fan boy of Bungie/343i

o.o… what?

How was it about skill?

9 times out of 10 when i got into sword duals whoever mashed the b button faster won.

No skill involved.

> How was it about skill?
>
> 9 times out of 10 when i got into sword duals whoever mashed the b button faster won.
>
> No skill involved.

Except you can’t swing the sword as fast as you want, it’s limited to like 1-ish swings per second.

You make it sound like pressing a button once or twice every second is somehow beyond human ability.
(No offense to hardcore Halo fans with arthritis)

> How was it about skill?
>
> 9 times out of 10 when i got into sword duals whoever mashed the b button faster won.
>
> No skill involved.

Wha!?!
If you button-mashed then I’m sure you lost A LOT of sword duels.
After parrying you couldn’t wait too long to strike, but you couldn’t do it too fast either. And if you could get to one side of your oppenent during a duel, it gave you the advantage. A lot of times you could get your opponent to circle in one direction with you and then at the right moment switch directions and come at him from the side. There was a lot of skill with H3 swords.

H2 swords were beast! At the lan parties we used to have if someone got the sword 7 of us ran screaming! Not a lot of skill needed to use it, but a ton of skill to counter it. You basically had to step to the side at the last possible second. I got pretty good at it.

The sword in reach was garbage compared to the others.