343 whatever you do next for halo, please pay attention to competitive players

because right now with reach it’s pretty hard to play competative at all with anything over there. let’s just look at some of the things with it.

Rank: i cant remember where i found this but bungie basically said they removed true skill because people dont like being told they suck. this is one reason it’s hard to play competative because you cant compare your rank to anyone at all to see who does better.

bloom: the main problem with bloom is how it was implimented, bloom was a great concept but was not implimented very well so that now luck decides who wins instead of the person pacing your shots winning. this just lowered the skill gap a lot but also it is bad because luck most of the time decides who wins in a shoot out and should not be in a FPS.

AL: before everybody is quick to judge just listen for a second, AL is a good concept for a amror ability but like bloom it was implemented wrong. now lots of people just use it to not die for 6 more seconds instead of surviveing massive damage. the other problem is the EMP activating the second you get out so that you can just AL and than melee kill.

while i have noting against people who play casually, i just hate most of the people on Bnet right now who think all competatives should die. so 343 when you do make the next halo, please try and make it something everyone competative or casual can enjoy in a game.

I completely agree with everything you said! It would be awesome if 343i could bring back the gameplay feel that Halo CE/2/3 all had :slight_smile:

> I completely agree with everything you said! It would be awesome if 343i could bring back the gameplay feel that Halo CE/2/3 all had :slight_smile:

thanks, what they need to do is find the right balance between casual and competative. what i find funny on Bnet is the casuals who say skill shouldnt be involved so everybody has a fair chance at a match, but if they were truly casual they wouldnt care who wins

where i partly agree with the ranking issues however why are there more people playing COD BO then reach when there are no ranks in that??

I really wonder now. In the beta Bloom worked perfect. The DMR was useless in mid and cqc situations, it was only good at long rage, so I used every time my magnum. Now in Reach bloom doesn´t work. It´s crazy that Bungie destroy such a good concept when they even had it right before.

Rank: TS is still used for matchmaking, it is simply not shown to you.

Bloom: Bloom has been implemented no different than Halo 3 or 2, it is imply now visual too.

AL: You become a useless rock for 6 seconds. How effective. To avoid the EMP, just take a step back. How overpowered.

> Rank: TS is still used for matchmaking, it is simply not shown to you.
>
> Bloom: Bloom has been implemented no different than Halo 3 or 2, it is imply now visual too.
>
> AL: You become a useless rock for 6 seconds. How effective. To avoid the EMP, just take a step back. How overpowered.

ok TS i can live with not being shown. bloom like I said just needs to be more skill based so the person paceing their shots wins. as for AL you dont understand, people go in for a melee, get a hit and than the other person ALs for a split second and than the other person gets their shields taken down as well as the stun effect so the person using AL wins.

> Rank: TS is still used for matchmaking, it is simply not shown to you.
>
> Bloom: Bloom has been implemented no different than Halo 3 or 2, it is imply now visual too.
>
> AL: You become a useless rock for 6 seconds. How effective. To avoid the EMP, just take a step back. How overpowered.

Are you serious DFang?

There was no invisible bloom in Halo 2 hahaha, seriously?! There wasn’t a BR spread in Halo 2 and it’s why the BR was such a beastly weapon for competitive play. Along with H2 being hitscan.

Now Halo 3, you’re half right, the bloom was super toned down leading to what was called the BR spread, it made a lot of people upset, what do they do? They make it worse. Not really logical imo.

> > Rank: TS is still used for matchmaking, it is simply not shown to you.
> >
> > Bloom: Bloom has been implemented no different than Halo 3 or 2, it is imply now visual too.
> >
> > AL: You become a useless rock for 6 seconds. How effective. To avoid the EMP, just take a step back. How overpowered.
>
> Are you serious DFang?
>
> There was no invisible bloom in Halo 2 hahaha, seriously?! There wasn’t a BR spread in Halo 2 and it’s why the BR was such a beastly weapon for competitive play. Along with H2 being hitscan.
>
> Now Halo 3, you’re half right, the bloom was super toned down leading to what was called the BR spread, it made a lot of people upset, what do they do? They make it worse. Not really logical imo.

No bloom? Have you ever played Halo 2? With the exception of the BR in which the fire rate is restricted specifically to reset bloom, all the other weapons lost overall accuracy if you simply held the trigger down/spammed it. And besides, when people talk about halo 2, no one ever mentions “Oh, every weapon was so well balanced, everything totally had a place where I would use it.”

I found something interresting.
http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/GDC-San-Francisco-2011/264904/

It looks like that 343 will be on the gdc. Hopefully they will announce a new game or the halo: ce remake. But what means Networking Mixer? I´m not English so can anyone explain me what that is?

Dfang.

That is conical spread. It’s a lot different.

Bloom is Bungie’s adaptation or for lack of a better word “interpretation” of recoil.

It is random, and it has not been in another Halo, ever.

In previous Halo’s, with any gun that could go automatic, if you held down the trigger, yes, the gun would become less accurate, but this is NOT bloom.

Look at it this way. The moment you stopped firing an assault rifle, or whatever, the recoil would immediately reset back to zero. And the next moment you fired it would be back to shooting straight, until you held it down for a little bit.

Which is why, in past games, modded rapid-fire controllers worked. Bloom is an attempt to stop this, which IMO is stupid. There are better ways to prevent it.

If they want bloom, then fine, have it on all automatics, it doesn’t really affect them that much, and it would prevent modded rapid-fire controllers. But on any semi-automatic weapon, it should be a fixed rate of fire, with no bloom.

That way the game would pace the shots for you. You would have no random 1v1 battles across the map anymore, or even at close ranges. DMR players wouldn’t be able to spam up close, and the players who are worse wouldn’t be able to win via luck anymore. This includes the pistol as well.

At the same time, the Needle Rifle should go down to being semi-auto only gun, with fixed ROF as well.