343.. what happin?

Why we repeating Halo 5? What’s going on guys? Behind the scene stuff that yous don’t want us to know? Or is big papa Microsoft making you only focus on certain things to try and make it a eSports god and take in all that cash over concentrating on the features and themes that have helped shape this franchise into what it has been over the last 10 years?

We want transparency, we all figured that the delay was to help keep anything like this from happening, so we didn’t end up repeating a Halo 5 launch, yet here we are… I understand that these games are not easy to develop and they take a lot of time, so how much time do you need to give us a complete full launch experience, do we need to delay it for another 2 years or something? Or is it that Microsoft gave you an unrealistic time frame to build this game and you just haven’t had enough time? We don’t know the real reasons as to why everything’s turning out the way it is because we don’t work for you, we don’t know all the answers, but giving thought as to the way the world works now… I wouldn’t be surprised if you were just under control and forced to do whatever you’re told or face studio closure like Visceral Games.

I’m sorry to sound so angry, but I grew up on this franchise, it was the first first person shooter I ever touched… is one of the first games that I managed to make a bunch of friends with, this game series, no, this franchise holds a very special place in a lot of people’s hearts… so please forgive us for sounding so angry and whatever else… all we want is for this franchise to succeed while keeping its integrity and identity. Halo is a franchise that has helped shape gaming (Halo 2’s interface was basically Xbox live before Xbox live) and set trends throughout the years, all we want is for this Titan of a franchise to stand tall once again.

So whatever you guys got to do to do it, just do it, make Microsoft listen so that way you guys have all the time that you realistically need to make the game that it should be at lunch. Especially since almost every game launches in almost unfinished state nowadays just so they can get your money up front and update it over time, even though most of those specific instances are because of publishers and shareholders forcing devs to release their games to meet deadlines and quotas… because to them all that matters is the bottom line. Don’t be a bottom liner, don’t be a short sighted Sally. Lol

The only thing that 343i is hiding is that they don’t want to delay the game again and kill the hype, and they don’t want these features to be buggy. That’s why they won’t be at launch.

> 2533274840747673;2:
> The only thing that 343i is hiding is that they don’t want to delay the game again and kill the hype, and they don’t want these features to be buggy. That’s why they won’t be at launch.

Well yeah they don’t want to delay the game again because it would just look so horrendously bad, and yeah I know the features are being delayed because they aren’t ready… my main question here is, were they forced into only focusing on certain aspects of the game to push for minimal functionality so they can meet shareholder deadlines for this year?

Put simply, the game clearly doesn’t seem to be ready and it just seems like it’s being forced out to meet preconceived monetary expectations.

If I had to guess the shareholders simply said, “well you launched Halo 5 like that, you can launch this game like that and it’ll all be fine in the end because you’re still here even after Halo 5! It doesn’t matter how it affects public view and perception, all that matters is that we get our money and meet our self imposed deadlines.”

And if it isn’t anything like that, well a little transparency would go a long way to clear any of this up.

from what I gather forge isn’t being done by 343 in house but by skybox so that explains why forge isn’t gonna be there by launch

> 2533274840747673;2:
> The only thing that 343i is hiding is that they don’t want to delay the game again and kill the hype, and they don’t want these features to be buggy. That’s why they won’t be at launch.

Kill the hype? But they are okay with killing of the initial player base with no forge for 6 months (just like halo 5 and 4) and no co ops campaign for 3? How and I’m suppose to play campaign with my friend who has co oped at launch with me since halo 3?!?! We just wait? And get spoiled of the ending by some dude online? How is this acceptable?

> 2533274801884952;4:
> from what I gather forge isn’t being done by 343 in house but by skybox so that explains why forge isn’t gonna be there by launch

Okay but why leave such a massive and beloved staple feature to be outsourced? Man I can’t wait for everybody to be able to speak out about the entire development process of this game… only then will we be able to get a full picture as to why things are going the way they are.

I know they’re doing the best with what they got, and I’m not trying to say the devs themselves aren’t doing their jobs well, I’m just jaded and believe that all game devs are being manipulated by some big greedy corporate overlords… that and we never truly know what’s going on and have to take everything at face value until proven otherwise. This is one of those things that Spooks your entire community if not handled properly, and I’m having a feeling they already knew about all this and chose/were told to say nothing until after all the massive hype and good press got put out.

> 2533274801675813;5:
> > 2533274840747673;2:
> > The only thing that 343i is hiding is that they don’t want to delay the game again and kill the hype, and they don’t want these features to be buggy. That’s why they won’t be at launch.
>
> Kill the hype? But they are okay with killing of the initial player base with no forge for 6 months (just like halo 5 and 4) and no co ops campaign for 3? How and I’m suppose to play campaign with my friend who has co oped at launch with me since halo 3?!?! We just wait? And get spoiled of the ending by some dude online? How is this acceptable?

And on top of all of that, campaign isn’t even a free feature, we’ll have to pay to play that… so if I’m going to have to pay to play something I expect it to work, I personally had the feeling of dread when I heard they were going to make the multiplayer free to play because I pictured something like this happening despite trying desperately to not be pessimistic in my thoughts of this game.

Just seems with each new entry there’s always something wrong happening before the game’s even out yet… it’s always got to do with something altering the game in a way that nobody ever asked for, like when they tried to remove split screen entirely with Halo 5 so they can sell you an entirely new console so you have to buy a whole new game to do what you did before with your friends that you could previously do just by sitting on a couch together… or how they tried to remove the depth out of player representation by dumbing down armor customization and color palette choice… the best way to keep this franchise moving forward, keep all the things people love and just add on to it or figure out how to rework those things into better mediums for their particular areas in the game.

If we wanted to be on a roller coaster, we would have gone to six flags…

I have been playing halo since 2001. I was 7 years old. today for me the best game in the world.

it is my opinion I have the right to express it that is what a forum is for.
I am neither vulgar nor mean.

We’ve become sheep.
It’s the new fashion. Now we are led to believe that the old features are a ridiculous novelty since H4 The worst is that we accept this illusion.

We need a petition against 343. Stop too much is too much.

We can’t take it anymore … Each new halo is the same, we are the one to worry, because always bad news before the release …

We need a petition against 343. Stop too much is too much.

Microsoft wake up

Frank o’connor
Bonnie ross Next.

> 2533274848460159;7:
> > 2533274801675813;5:
> > > 2533274840747673;2:
> > > The only thing that 343i is hiding is that they don’t want to delay the game again and kill the hype, and they don’t want these features to be buggy. That’s why they won’t be at launch.
> >
> > Kill the hype? But they are okay with killing of the initial player base with no forge for 6 months (just like halo 5 and 4) and no co ops campaign for 3? How and I’m suppose to play campaign with my friend who has co oped at launch with me since halo 3?!?! We just wait? And get spoiled of the ending by some dude online? How is this acceptable?
>
> And on top of all of that, campaign isn’t even a free feature, we’ll have to pay to play that… so if I’m going to have to pay to play something I expect it to work, I personally had the feeling of dread when I heard they were going to make the multiplayer free to play because I pictured something like this happening despite trying desperately to not be pessimistic in my thoughts of this game.

Exactly! Campaign isn’t free, which I’ll gladly pay for a finished halo campaign. I love the campaigns! But this is so disheartening. I agree with you. The free to play announcement for the multiplayer made me question what was really happening behind the scenes

Stop saying they are repeating Halo 5. They literally have to develop things never done before in Halo on top of a new engine. The map selection is already a billion times better than Halo 5.

> 2533274801675813;9:
> > 2533274848460159;7:
> > > 2533274801675813;5:
> > > > 2533274840747673;2:
> > > > The only thing that 343i is hiding is that they don’t want to delay the game again and kill the hype, and they don’t want these features to be buggy. That’s why they won’t be at launch.
> > >
> > > Kill the hype? But they are okay with killing of the initial player base with no forge for 6 months (just like halo 5 and 4) and no co ops campaign for 3? How and I’m suppose to play campaign with my friend who has co oped at launch with me since halo 3?!?! We just wait? And get spoiled of the ending by some dude online? How is this acceptable?
> >
> > And on top of all of that, campaign isn’t even a free feature, we’ll have to pay to play that… so if I’m going to have to pay to play something I expect it to work, I personally had the feeling of dread when I heard they were going to make the multiplayer free to play because I pictured something like this happening despite trying desperately to not be pessimistic in my thoughts of this game.
>
> Exactly! Campaign isn’t free, which I’ll gladly pay for a finished halo campaign. I love the campaigns! But this is so disheartening. I agree with you. The free to play announcement for the multiplayer made me question what was really happening behind the scenes

I want to believe that Microsoft and 343 aren’t just like some of the other publishers and developers out there, but just giving thought to all the bad juju pouring out into the world about game devs and publishers doing some really shady things in some of the biggest names in the industry really makes you wonder what’s going on behind the scenes, and it really makes it hard to enjoy it anymore without feeling like you’re nothing but a money bag to some of these people.

I’m not saying this is what 343 or Microsoft is/are doing, but it’s now more than ever to be transparent with your community…

I highly doubt Microsoft would want them to release a broken mess missing core features if that was the case why was it delayed last year.
The esports environment isn’t looking very good either. Cross input esports immediately is going to bring a ton of balancing issues.

I don’t really care that co-op or Forge won’t be on the game at launch, but what I worry about is what this implies on a wider scale. Are we going to have like 3 playlists and 8 generic maps with an incomplete ranking system at launch like we did with Halo 5? Also, will there be Customs, File sharing,Theater Mode, and maybe something like Firefight? Or just the single player campaign and a dry bare bones multiplayer?

> 2533274848460159;3:
> > 2533274840747673;2:
> > The only thing that 343i is hiding is that they don’t want to delay the game again and kill the hype, and they don’t want these features to be buggy. That’s why they won’t be at launch.
>
> Well yeah they don’t want to delay the game again because it would just look so horrendously bad, and yeah I know the features are being delayed because they aren’t ready… my main question here is, were they forced into only focusing on certain aspects of the game to push for minimal functionality so they can meet shareholder deadlines for this year?
>
> Put simply, the game clearly doesn’t seem to be ready and it just seems like it’s being forced out to meet preconceived monetary expectations.
>
> If I had to guess the shareholders simply said, “well you launched Halo 5 like that, you can launch this game like that and it’ll all be fine in the end because you’re still here even after Halo 5! It doesn’t matter how it affects public view and perception, all that matters is that we get our money and meet our self imposed deadlines.”
>
> And if it isn’t anything like that, well a little transparency would go a long way to clear any of this up.

What shareholders…its Microsoft. Guys its no rush, its just covid people. All they need to do is makesure whatever is ready is great…period. I rather play the great single player n multiplayer then wait. This won’t be the first game to launch like this. Just wait on your end until the features you want are there. I know it sucks but everyone has had hard development these few years. Everyone. Judge on whats there. Apex was bare bones and still fun. Its free to play.

They have been VERY transparent with us thus far though.

> “We want transparency,”

> 2533274823267926;13:
> I don’t really care that co-op or Forge won’t be on the game at launch, but what I worry about is what this implies on a wider scale. Are we going to have like 3 playlists and 8 generic maps with an incomplete ranking system at launch like we did with Halo 5? Also, will there be Customs, File sharing,Theater Mode, and maybe something like Firefight? Or just the single player campaign and a dry bare bones multiplayer?

Yup. I’m really feelin’ the maps complaint. It’s gonna be like 9-10, which just ain’t enough.