343 We need to have a talk

343, it’s time we had a talk. Let me start out by introducing myself. My name is Chris, aka MajorGamer. I have been playing Halo since CE and Xbox Live since Halo 2 released. Now, before we go any further, I want to say that you guys have done an amazing job on Halo 5 IMO, as far as overall gameplay and mechanics goes. It’s easily one of the best online Halo experiences.

But now for the purpose behind this post. This is about PATCHing the game. Ok so, I have concern. I see/play all these other big market games, and they have bugs, exploits, etc. It’s inevitable. But you see, these other companys will actually come out with a PATCH that fixes these issues.
Now, let’s look at what you are doing. Instead of releasing small patches, we are fed this BS that you want/need to wait until the NOVEMBER update, which of course coincides with the launch of the Xbox One X and the 4k update.

You say the internal tests are working. Why oh why can we not get a hotfix for these issues. The red team walk-thru the home shields on noctus and stormbreak bug has been in the game since last December. NINE months ago. And now this core exploit? Is the best solution to really just remove the Arclight, a fairly critical anti-vehicle weapon? Like honestly a REQ 6 Heartseeker is going to be valuable replacement (laughs). C’mon man! We, the players, deserve better. Especially after the atrocity that was/is the MCC.

I mean I love you guys, I love Halo, but at some point this crap gets old. Give us some damn patches, I know it’s doable. Making us wait months is not acceptable.

Thank you for reading.

> 2722935310429561;1:
> 343, it’s time we had a talk. Let me start out by introducing myself. My name is Chris, aka MajorGamer. I have been playing Halo since CE and Xbox Live since Halo 2 released. Now, before we go any further, I want to say that you guys have done an amazing job on Halo 5 IMO, as far as overall gameplay and mechanics goes. It’s easily one of the best online Halo experiences.
>
> But now for the purpose behind this post. This is about PATCHing the game. Ok so, I have concern. I see/play all these other big market games, and they have bugs, exploits, etc. It’s inevitable. But you see, these other companys will actually come out with a PATCH that fixes these issues.
> Now, let’s look at what you are doing. Instead of releasing small patches, we are fed this BS that you want/need to wait until the NOVEMBER update, which of course coincides with the launch of the Xbox One X and the 4k update.
>
> You say the internal tests are working. Why oh why can we not get a hotfix for these issues. The red team walk-thru the home shields on noctus and stormbreak bug has been in the game since last December. NINE months ago. And now this core exploit? Is the best solution to really just remove the Arclight, a fairly critical anti-vehicle weapon? Like honestly a REQ 6 Heartseeker is going to be valuable replacement (laughs). C’mon man! We, the players, deserve better. Especially after the atrocity that was/is the MCC.
>
> I mean I love you guys, I love Halo, but at some point this crap gets old. Give us some damn patches, I know it’s doable. Making us wait months is not acceptable.
>
> Thank you for reading.

I totally agree with you on this 343 listen to this person

> 2722935310429561;1:
> we are fed this BS

Please dont speak for the community as a whole. I personally dont have a problem with how they are patching Halo 5.

343 not fixing things isn’t new, there’s crap still sitting there since launch. We could talk away but there’s still mcc that’s been broke for 3 years, good luck with that.

Aight mate first off the developers worked hard to balance the game and second off you know nothing about how the game is coded. The problem might not be because they’re lazy but because some of the smallest patches use 1gbs worth of space so your Quote “hot fix” doesn’t work for guardians. So next time you decide to bash a major corporation for their work just remember you weren’t hired for the creation of the game for a reason and they care a lot about the game I’m sure of it. And please don’t speak for the community as a whole its wrong and I personally along with many other people probably agree.

Now the MCC is a completely different story you try and fit 12 something years of games into one game and you tell me how that goes?! Its hard and there is going to be bugs that you just can’t fix. Its people like you who can’t let go of the past that prevent Halo from moving forwards. If you don’t like the game or the developers heres a life lesson don’t play it.

Peace

Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(

> 2533274806739045;6:
> Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(

Just for the time being until the exploit its used for is fixed.

> 2533274816299345;7:
> > 2533274806739045;6:
> > Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(
>
> Just for the time being until the exploit its used for is fixed.

Ugh is that that core thing?

> 2533274816299345;3:
> > 2722935310429561;1:
> > we are fed this BS
>
> Please dont speak for the community as a whole. I personally dont have a problem with how they are patching Halo 5.

I’m just voicing what myself and many others I’ve talked to are feeling. Its been a huge disappointment going back to mcc.

> 2535453096043855;5:
> Aight mate first off the developers worked hard to balance the game and second off you know nothing about how the game is coded. The problem might not be because they’re lazy but because some of the smallest patches use 1gbs worth of space so your Quote “hot fix” doesn’t work for guardians. So next time you decide to bash a major corporation for their work just remember you weren’t hired for the creation of the game for a reason and they care a lot about the game I’m sure of it. And please don’t speak for the community as a whole its wrong and I personally along with many other people probably agree.
>
> Now the MCC is a completely different story you try and fit 12 something years of games into one game and you tell me how that goes?! Its hard and there is going to be bugs that you just can’t fix. Its people like you who can’t let go of the past that prevent Halo from moving forwards. If you don’t like the game or the developers heres a life lesson don’t play it.
>
> Peace

If they require a 1gb update to fix the warzone home shield bug then i think they need to make their code a little more robust.

> 2722935310429561;9:
> > 2533274816299345;3:
> > > 2722935310429561;1:
> > > we are fed this BS
> >
> > Please dont speak for the community as a whole. I personally dont have a problem with how they are patching Halo 5.
>
> I’m just voicing what myself and many others I’ve talked to are feeling. Its been a huge disappointment going back to mcc.

I understand but you should phrase it differently.

> 2533274816299345;7:
> > 2533274806739045;6:
> > Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(
>
> Just for the time being until the exploit its used for is fixed.

Does this mean my ArchLights get a hiatus and go to that HTT vacation resort or does my archlight currency turn from 143 to zero?

Well said I totally agree they need to take action faster instead of leaving players waiting.

> 2535453096043855;5:
> Now the MCC is a completely different story you try and fit 12 something years of games into one game and you tell me how that goes?! Its hard and there is going to be bugs that you just can’t fix. Its people like you who can’t let go of the past that prevent Halo from moving forwards. If you don’t like the game or the developers heres a life lesson don’t play it.

I don’t agree with that at all. I think MCC would’ve came out in a much better state if the game wasn’t rushed and outsourced to oblivion. From what I remember after reading interviews, a lot of the problems seemed to come from people not communicating with each other and companies trying to mix and mash code together that was made from different companies. Basically, it was like trying to put together a giant jigsaw puzzle without the picture. My disclaimer is that’s my perspective of what I think happened from distant memory from interviews and posts from Frankie so it may not be 100% accurate, but I think it’s close.

Now sure what you’re even talking about with the can’t prevent Halo from moving forward. 343 will always do what their agenda is, but valid criticism can help shape some aspects of it. “Don’t play it.” Some people have invested 17 years playing Halo and it’s the game they love, so sorry if some people actually care about the direction that it’s moving and will try to fight for it instead of just dropping it like a rock and moving on. It’s good to have passionate people in the community who care and give valid criticism or praise, because otherwise the developers will just do anything they want with a silent community and we end up with continued garbage Halo games like H4.

> 2722935310429561;1:
> 343, it’s time we had a talk. Let me start out by introducing myself. My name is Chris, aka MajorGamer. I have been playing Halo since CE and Xbox Live since Halo 2 released. Now, before we go any further, I want to say that you guys have done an amazing job on Halo 5 IMO, as far as overall gameplay and mechanics goes. It’s easily one of the best online Halo experiences.
>
> But now for the purpose behind this post. This is about PATCHing the game. Ok so, I have concern. I see/play all these other big market games, and they have bugs, exploits, etc. It’s inevitable. But you see, these other companys will actually come out with a PATCH that fixes these issues.
> Now, let’s look at what you are doing. Instead of releasing small patches, we are fed this BS that you want/need to wait until the NOVEMBER update, which of course coincides with the launch of the Xbox One X and the 4k update.
>
> You say the internal tests are working. Why oh why can we not get a hotfix for these issues. The red team walk-thru the home shields on noctus and stormbreak bug has been in the game since last December. NINE months ago. And now this core exploit? Is the best solution to really just remove the Arclight, a fairly critical anti-vehicle weapon? Like honestly a REQ 6 Heartseeker is going to be valuable replacement (laughs). C’mon man! We, the players, deserve better. Especially after the atrocity that was/is the MCC.
>
> I mean I love you guys, I love Halo, but at some point this crap gets old. Give us some damn patches, I know it’s doable. Making us wait months is not acceptable.
>
> Thank you for reading.

Wholeheartedly agree. The Halo 5 unblanced gitches are way to large, and they need to fix so many of them.

> 2533274909139271;12:
> > 2533274816299345;7:
> > > 2533274806739045;6:
> > > Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(
> >
> > Just for the time being until the exploit its used for is fixed.
>
> Does this mean my ArchLights get a hiatus and go to that HTT vacation resort or does my archlight currency turn from 143 to zero?

You wont lose your reqs. You just wont be able to use them in wz until its fixes. Not sure if this includes assault and/or firefight

> 2533274816299345;16:
> > 2533274909139271;12:
> > > 2533274816299345;7:
> > > > 2533274806739045;6:
> > > > Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(
> > >
> > > Just for the time being until the exploit its used for is fixed.
> >
> > Does this mean my ArchLights get a hiatus and go to that HTT vacation resort or does my archlight currency turn from 143 to zero?
>
> You wont lose your reqs. You just wont be able to use them in wz until its fixes. Not sure if this includes assault and/or firefight

I nave not heard the exploit in Assault. I wouldn’t think they would take it off firefight (who uses and arclight in firefight though)

> 2533274811192667;17:
> > 2533274816299345;16:
> > > 2533274909139271;12:
> > > > 2533274816299345;7:
> > > > > 2533274806739045;6:
> > > > > Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(
> > > >
> > > > Just for the time being until the exploit its used for is fixed.
> > >
> > > Does this mean my ArchLights get a hiatus and go to that HTT vacation resort or does my archlight currency turn from 143 to zero?
> >
> > You wont lose your reqs. You just wont be able to use them in wz until its fixes. Not sure if this includes assault and/or firefight
>
> I nave not heard the exploit in Assault. I wouldn’t think they would take it off firefight (who uses and arclight in firefight though)

Hopefully they dont remove it from assault

I just hope they patch the loading screen glitch that’s caused by the Voices of War announcers. It’s unacceptable for that not to get fixed, if you ask me.

> 2533274816299345;18:
> > 2533274811192667;17:
> > > 2533274816299345;16:
> > > > 2533274909139271;12:
> > > > > 2533274816299345;7:
> > > > > > 2533274806739045;6:
> > > > > > Are they really removing the Arclight?? :"(
> > > > >
> > > > > Just for the time being until the exploit its used for is fixed.
> > > >
> > > > Does this mean my ArchLights get a hiatus and go to that HTT vacation resort or does my archlight currency turn from 143 to zero?
> > >
> > > You wont lose your reqs. You just wont be able to use them in wz until its fixes. Not sure if this includes assault and/or firefight
> >
> > I nave not heard the exploit in Assault. I wouldn’t think they would take it off firefight (who uses and arclight in firefight though)
>
> Hopefully they dont remove it from assault

> Over the past several days many players have reached out to report an Arclight exploit in Warzone. This issue, while not truly widespread, does allow players to essentially ruin the Warzone experience for everyone by getting a cheap victory. The 343 team has addressed this issue in our internal builds but unfortunately a permanent fix requires a game update which isn’t something we can get out the door immediately. In the interim, we will be making a temporary server-side change tomorrow, 8/31/17, until the permanent fix can be released as part of a future game update for Halo 5.The following changes will go live in Warzone tomorrow to address this issue:
> - Arclight is removed from play - Selene’s Lance dropped to REQ level 5 from 6 (to fill the anti-vehicle weapon role lost by removing Arclight) - Heartseeker dropped to REQ level 6 from 7 (to fill the anti-vehicle weapon role changed by reducing the REQ level of Selene’s Lance)We appreciate the feedback and everyone’s help in bringing this issue to our attention. Ensuring that Halo 5 offers a fun and balanced experience is very important to the 343 team and while these short-terms fixes aren’t totally ideal, this issue is serious enough that immediate action is warranted.We’re targeting the November game update to address this issue (the same update that will include 4K support for Xbox One X!) which also includes several other Warzone fixes to issues reported by the community. We’ll have more details to share on that in the coming weeks.Note: These changes also apply to Warzone Firefight and Warzone Assault.

Above announcement, notice it states that Firefight and Assault will be changed