343, we need an official statement on the demo

Clearly there’s a ton of confusion and distress in the community regarding the state of the game after the Gameplay demo. Not just regarding the seemingly unpolished and underwhelming graphics. The phantoms flew very stiff, many people have pointed that the warthog moved a bit strange in mid air, and there was quite a bit of pop-in (look at the grass as chief walks out of the pelican and walks around).

So, 343, please within the next week it would be great to see you address:
-How old exactly was the build that was shown in the 8 minute demo?
-Explicitly address wether the graphics in that demo are close to what we’ll get at launch or if there are graphical upgrades being made
-What was with the pop-in and awkward vehicles? was that just a consequence of the build?

I’m a Halo fanboy until I die. Halo CE on the original Xbox is what got me into gaming and this franchise will always hold a special place in my heart. I will buy and play Infinite and probably love it. But I hate to see it be reduced to meme material and ridiculed because I know it is so much better than that. The potential is there, I can see it. But, It deserves to be its absolute best when it launches and I just think what was shown in the demo is not its best.

> 2793304054609165;1:
> Clearly there’s a ton of confusion and distress in the community regarding the state of the game after the Gameplay demo. Not just regarding the seemingly unpolished and underwhelming graphics. The phantoms flew very stiff, many people have pointed that the warthog moved a bit strange in mid air, and there was quite a bit of pop-in (look at the grass as chief walks out of the pelican and walks around).
>
> So, 343, please within the next week it would be great to see you address:
> -How old exactly was the build that was shown in the 8 minute demo?
> -Explicitly address wether the graphics in that demo are close to what we’ll get at launch or if there are graphical upgrades being made
> -What was with the pop-in and awkward vehicles? was that just a consequence of the build?
>
> I’m a Halo fanboy until I die. Halo CE on the original Xbox is what got me into gaming and this franchise will always hold a special place in my heart. I will buy and play Infinite and probably love it. But I hate to see it be reduced to meme material and ridiculed because I know it is so much better than that. The potential is there, I can see it. But, It deserves to be its absolute best when it launches and I just think what was shown in the demo is not its best.

Totally agree.

It’s gutting that it’s reduced to meme material and such poor fan reception.

I’m kinda in the same boat. If we dont hear some sort of “Hey guys, we hear you. To address some concerns…” type of update within the next week I’ll be very worried.

I’d prefer they be very transparent (even if it is “yeah, sorry the game looks like this. Just how it is”) instead of them acting like everything is fine and hope to God we stop asking.

I was gutted this morning when I googled Infinite. The backlash isnt only contained to the forum/social media anymore. Large tech/game sites are jumping all over it, and its turning bad real quick for 343 & Microsoft.

We’ll see.

> 2533274791984947;3:
> I’m kinda in the same boat. If we dont hear some sort of “Hey guys, we hear you. To address some concerns…” type of update within the next week I’ll be very worried.
>
> I’d prefer they be very transparent (even if it is “yeah, sorry the game looks like this. Just how it is”) instead of them acting like everything is fine and hope to God we stop asking.
>
> I was gutted this morning when I googled Infinite. The backlash isnt only contained to the forum/social media anymore. Large tech/game sites are jumping all over it, and its turning bad real quick for 343 & Microsoft.
>
> We’ll see.

Even the BBC made an article

> 2533274881534340;4:
> > 2533274791984947;3:
> > I’m kinda in the same boat. If we dont hear some sort of “Hey guys, we hear you. To address some concerns…” type of update within the next week I’ll be very worried.
> >
> > I’d prefer they be very transparent (even if it is “yeah, sorry the game looks like this. Just how it is”) instead of them acting like everything is fine and hope to God we stop asking.
> >
> > I was gutted this morning when I googled Infinite. The backlash isnt only contained to the forum/social media anymore. Large tech/game sites are jumping all over it, and its turning bad real quick for 343 & Microsoft.
> >
> > We’ll see.
>
> Even the BBC made an article

Wow

> 2533274791984947;3:
> I’m kinda in the same boat. If we dont hear some sort of “Hey guys, we hear you. To address some concerns…” type of update within the next week I’ll be very worried.
>
> I’d prefer they be very transparent (even if it is “yeah, sorry the game looks like this. Just how it is”) instead of them acting like everything is fine and hope to God we stop asking.
>
> I was gutted this morning when I googled Infinite. The backlash isnt only contained to the forum/social media anymore. Large tech/game sites are jumping all over it, and its turning bad real quick for 343 & Microsoft.
>
> We’ll see.

The backlash is deserved though, I am sorry to say. The amount of hype has bit them in the -Yoink-. Why not come out early and say: hey guys, we’re developing this for xbone too, so this won’t be the next-gen stunner graphics-wise.

They didn’t do that, and they (seemingly!) misrepresented the engine in the earlier tech demos.

> 2793304054609165;1:
> Clearly there’s a ton of confusion and distress in the community regarding the state of the game after the Gameplay demo. Not just regarding the seemingly unpolished and underwhelming graphics. The phantoms flew very stiff, many people have pointed that the warthog moved a bit strange in mid air, and there was quite a bit of pop-in (look at the grass as chief walks out of the pelican and walks around).
>
> So, 343, please within the next week it would be great to see you address:
> -How old exactly was the build that was shown in the 8 minute demo?
> -Explicitly address wether the graphics in that demo are close to what we’ll get at launch or if there are graphical upgrades being made
> -What was with the pop-in and awkward vehicles? was that just a consequence of the build?
>
> I’m a Halo fanboy until I die. Halo CE on the original Xbox is what got me into gaming and this franchise will always hold a special place in my heart. I will buy and play Infinite and probably love it. But I hate to see it be reduced to meme material and ridiculed because I know it is so much better than that. The potential is there, I can see it. But, It deserves to be its absolute best when it launches and I just think what was shown in the demo is not its best.

I agree and support it. We need official statement. It can go really wrong if left unchecked. Given so much movement in community is about graphics only

The gameplay and the game in general is seen with a lot of potential. I am very excited to think about what the future holds for us.
But there is a serious problem with the visual section of the game. A problem that should be clarified as soon as possible.

Pretty sure Alanah Pearce discussed that this was an early build. So the whole argument about the graphics seems overrated. Split screen, 4 player coop available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j95IHE3Vwk&list=WL&index=7&t=0s

> 2774539056153731;9:
> Pretty sure Alanah Pearce discussed that this was an early build. So the whole argument about the graphics seems overrated. Split screen, 4 player coop available.
> HALO INFINITE: world explained + more info! - YouTube

Right, but how old? January of 2019? sometime in 2018? or May 2020?

When the confusion and backlash are this widespread, a precise and clear answer from 343 is what is needed.

My Lord the entitlement with fans these days is unreal…

An official statement!? You aren’t owed anything.

And frankly since there’s so many armchair game developers on this forum that apparently know how to make a AAA game better than 343, why don’t you start your own Dev studio and show 343 how it’s done?

> 2533274791984947;5:
> > 2533274881534340;4:
> > > 2533274791984947;3:
> > > I’m kinda in the same boat. If we dont hear some sort of “Hey guys, we hear you. To address some concerns…” type of update within the next week I’ll be very worried.
> > >
> > > I’d prefer they be very transparent (even if it is “yeah, sorry the game looks like this. Just how it is”) instead of them acting like everything is fine and hope to God we stop asking.
> > >
> > > I was gutted this morning when I googled Infinite. The backlash isnt only contained to the forum/social media anymore. Large tech/game sites are jumping all over it, and its turning bad real quick for 343 & Microsoft.
> > >
> > > We’ll see.
> >
> > Even the BBC made an article
>
> Wow

Well holy -Yoink-

> 2533274808548953;11:
> My Lord the entitlement with fans these days is unreal…
>
> An official statement!? You aren’t owed anything.
>
> And frankly since there’s so many armchair game developers on this forum that apparently know how to make a AAA game better than 343, why don’t you start your own Dev studio and show 343 how it’s done?

Entitlement? I just want things cleared up. If this is how the game looks and they can’t delay it so be it. I never claimed to be able to do a better job than 343 especially in the face of the pandemic. I’m just asking for clarity.

I see only 4 outcomes for this situation:
A) If you don´t like then don´t buy it
B) We sorry, yada yada, covid is too hard, bla bla, we will tune the game…
C) Go full silent mode
D) We will tweak gamplay and visuals based on fan feedback

Last scenario is almost impossible, i will go with option B or C

> 2793304054609165;13:
> > 2533274808548953;11:
> > My Lord the entitlement with fans these days is unreal…
> >
> > An official statement!? You aren’t owed anything.
> >
> > And frankly since there’s so many armchair game developers on this forum that apparently know how to make a AAA game better than 343, why don’t you start your own Dev studio and show 343 how it’s done?
>
> Entitlement? I just want things cleared up. If this is how the game looks and they can’t delay it so be it. I never claimed to be able to do a better job than 343 especially in the face of the pandemic. I’m just asking for clarity.

The demo isn’t indicative of the final game. That should be clear.

They have to change the Warthog’s sound. It strongly reminds me of “that one guy” showing up at a car show in a Honda. Listen to the Warthog’s from other Halo games and compare it to the Infinite demo.

> 2533274808548953;15:
> > 2793304054609165;13:
> > > 2533274808548953;11:
> > > My Lord the entitlement with fans these days is unreal…
> > >
> > > An official statement!? You aren’t owed anything.
> > >
> > > And frankly since there’s so many armchair game developers on this forum that apparently know how to make a AAA game better than 343, why don’t you start your own Dev studio and show 343 how it’s done?
> >
> > Entitlement? I just want things cleared up. If this is how the game looks and they can’t delay it so be it. I never claimed to be able to do a better job than 343 especially in the face of the pandemic. I’m just asking for clarity.
>
> The demo isn’t indicative of the final game. That should be clear.

I literally says on the video it is. and do you know what demo means?

They are supposed to be coming out with additional updates/content for us in the coming month regarding multiplayer, right?

That would be an appropriate time to maybe address any lingering questions about the initial campaign demo without doing it as a standalone announcement (the latter might seem too much like a “damage control” response).

I really felt underwhelmed by the state of the Demo that we saw. I did like to see older art styles of Grunts and Elites. Hopefully we get to see only styles of the brutes as well, maybe there was I’m not 100 percent sure. The Warthog did not sound like it should, not really a fan of sprint but if I have to deal with it because 343 wont listen to us older fans. Then at the very least get rid of slide and no ADS. Not really sure how to feel about the grapple hook. Perhaps if its just a campaign and Firefight thing then I’m cool with it. But for multiplayer not so much, Unless its like a power weapon you pick up off the map. I liked the throwable items which once again is an excellent PVE addition.

I’m just not sold on this game until I see multiplayer, Firefight(real firefight hopefully) forge, and other features.

> 2644524424069134;6:
> > 2533274791984947;3:
> > I’m kinda in the same boat. If we dont hear some sort of “Hey guys, we hear you. To address some concerns…” type of update within the next week I’ll be very worried.
> >
> > I’d prefer they be very transparent (even if it is “yeah, sorry the game looks like this. Just how it is”) instead of them acting like everything is fine and hope to God we stop asking.
> >
> > I was gutted this morning when I googled Infinite. The backlash isnt only contained to the forum/social media anymore. Large tech/game sites are jumping all over it, and its turning bad real quick for 343 & Microsoft.
> >
> > We’ll see.
>
> The backlash is deserved though, I am sorry to say. The amount of hype has bit them in the -Yoink-. Why not come out early and say: hey guys, we’re developing this for xbone too, so this won’t be the next-gen stunner graphics-wise.
>
> They didn’t do that, and they (seemingly!) misrepresented the engine in the earlier tech demos.

Yea they maybe shouldn’t of shown that in game engine demo a while back. Perhaps itll get an upgrade on the series x I hope.