343, we need a grenade free Team slayer

We NEED a grenade free Team Slayer, because GRENADE SPAMMERS are RUINING Halo Reach

I don’t know how much longer I’m going to put up with it. Firing on someone, and their immediate response is to just rapid tap the left trigger and send me 50 feet in the air. Sure i could use Armour Lock, but that just gets me trapped by the enemy. I could use sprint, but I lose a potential kill by running away.

It also doesn’t help that grenades are ridiculously overpowered, but that is besides the point, there were grenade spammers in Halo 3 as well.

I am sick of coming across players who couldnt even play the game if it weren’t for their precious grenade spamming. It annoys me to look at the after game stats and see people with grenades as their TOD, simply because of spamming.

This, 343, is why we need a grenade free Team Slayer added.

Will it be Vanilla Reach or TU Reach? Personally I prefer vanilla Reach, but I know that there is likely to be a divide in opinions regarding this. So I say there should be vanilla and TU options in ths playlist.

343, I sincerely hope you take my concerns into account. Personally I think it is essential that you do this, but that is just me. I am still considering whether I should even continue on with this game or not.

Thanks 343, and to all forum members, please reply saying whether you agree or disagree. I will not be replying to any stupid/troll posts because I want 343 to take this post seriously

I don’t care about this issue. Most people doesn’t have accuracy with grenade anyway.

Adapt 8^)

Seriously???

Look, I hate grenades mainly for the fact that everyone elses are like nukes while mine are popcorn crackers.

But grenades are a core element to almost ANY militaristic MP game.

Why not take shoes out of running races while we’re at it?

> I don’t care about this issue. Most people doesn’t have accuracy with grenade anyway.
>
> Adapt 8^)

^ Lol

One grenade spawn would be good, but other wise, no. Grenades are very tactical and always have been in Halo. Less so in Reach, but still.

I think maybe your biggest problem, especially because you said they were a problem in Halo 3 as well (lol) is that you need to stop chasing as much.

grenades aren’t overpowered, and I’ve actually found grenade spamming to be down.

I accept your reasons for disagreeing, but may I pont out that this would be an addition, not a replacement, you guys wouldn’t have to play it if you like grenades

> But grenades are a core element to almost ANY militaristic MP game.

Truth.

Not only that, but they are part of the golden triangle that makes Halo, Halo. Weapons, grenades, and melee attacks. Without grenades, we’d have a golden “L”?

> grenades aren’t overpowered, and I’ve actually found grenade spamming to be down.

Glad to see you have been playing with the release day Halo 2 grenades, but this is the Reach forum.

> > But grenades are a core element to almost ANY militaristic MP game.
>
> Truth.
>
> Not only that, but they are part of the golden triangle that makes Halo, Halo. Weapons, grenades, and melee attacks. Without grenades, we’d have a golden “L”?

Well put.

Also, your avatar…

Do want.

> > But grenades are a core element to almost ANY militaristic MP game.
>
> Truth.
>
> Not only that, but they are part of the golden triangle that makes Halo, Halo. Weapons, grenades, and melee attacks. Without grenades, we’d have a golden “L”?

I would personally rather have a golden L that I can enjoy instead of a golden triangle where I get blown 50 feet in the air by people rapid tapping the left trigger

No nades= easier to camp and spawn trap.

> > > But grenades are a core element to almost ANY militaristic MP game.
> >
> > Truth.
> >
> > Not only that, but they are part of the golden triangle that makes Halo, Halo. Weapons, grenades, and melee attacks. Without grenades, we’d have a golden “L”?
>
> I would personally rather have a golden L that I can enjoy instead of a golden triangle where I get blown 50 feet in the air by people rapid tapping the left trigger

You can always play Classic Anniversary where everyone gets only one grenade.

Other than that, it’s a part of the formula. I don’t even buy into the Triangle thing b/c people think that’s ALL Halo should be but Halo is about evolution IMHO.

It’s not that Grenades are OP, it’s just that the way you move in Reach is terrible. If anything, bring the spawn count to 1.

> It’s not that Grenades are OP, it’s just that the way you move in Reach is terrible. If anything, bring the spawn count to 1.

Classic spawns you with one nade, and it’s -Yoinking!- amazing. Every time I hop into the anniversary playlists, I wonder why this change hasn’t gone gamewide. Or found its way into TS at least.

Let me guess, last game you got killed by grenades so many times, that you raged and created this abomination of a thread?

Grenades are a core gameplay mechanic.

The only thing that they should do is lower the spawn count to 1 grenade. That is it.

The issue with reach grenades is that you move so slow and jump so low that it is hard to avoid them. If they increased movement speed and jump height, then it wouldn’t be so bad.

Also, you need to stop chasing. If they throw grenades in front of you, back away.

> > > > But grenades are a core element to almost ANY militaristic MP game.
> > >
> > > Truth.
> > >
> > > Not only that, but they are part of the golden triangle that makes Halo, Halo. Weapons, grenades, and melee attacks. Without grenades, we’d have a golden “L”?
> >
> > I would personally rather have a golden L that I can enjoy instead of a golden triangle where I get blown 50 feet in the air by people rapid tapping the left trigger
>
> You can always play Classic Anniversary where everyone gets only one grenade.
>
> Other than that, it’s a part of the formula. I don’t even buy into the Triangle thing b/c people think that’s ALL Halo should be but Halo is about evolution IMHO.

look we added to the triangle and look what happened

I know you love reach. but seriously Look at the mess it made.

You would only be in denial if you said it din’t effect the fanbase.

> Let me guess, last game you got killed by grenades so many times, that you raged and created this abomination of a thread?
>
> Grenades are a core gameplay mechanic.

They don’t have to be a chore mechanic. People just want to keep them so they can get easy kills

Also, it wasn’t just last game, I constantly come across spammers every match

> > Let me guess, last game you got killed by grenades so many times, that you raged and created this abomination of a thread?
> >
> > Grenades are a core gameplay mechanic.
>
> They don’t have to be a <mark>chore</mark> mechanic. People just want to keep them so they can get easy kills
>
> Also, it wasn’t just last game, I constantly come across spammers every match

Where did that logic come from? A matchbook? It makes no sense.

You’re dealing with the same thing everyone else does. So far, this is the ONLY time in the history of Halo that someone (just one) has mentioned something like this.

And you kind of can’t ask for them to be a <mark>core</mark> mechanic b/c they are. It’s what Halo started with as a basic element. It very much stays.

This is obviously not going to take effect so instead of waiting for this to happen, you better start working on your maneuverability and avoiding skills.

“Just because something doesn’t work for YOU, doesn’t mean you should take it away from EVERYONE.”

No grenades?

No.

Only 1 off spawn?

Yes.