343 wasn't lying about hinting! Spoilers!

I’m not going to hide spoilers, this is a discussion of spoilers from both Anniversary terminals, the Forerunner Saga and the Anniversary terminals. You’ve been warned.

Alright, so clearly with 343 saying they’ve been hinting at what the new enemy is and main antagonist, they weren’t lying. They were actually giving us tons of new info, and after the E3 reveal we can see what hints led where.

Halo CE Anniversary terminals have been incredibly telling. The Maw terminal is by far the most telling and it’s hints have become large reveals. At the end of the Maw terminal 343GS says (in regards to the Halo just being destroyed), “But what I would not give to have even a single company of Prometheans here right now. They would most certainly restore order with their trademark lethality. But that would mean he (The Didact) would have to be here too. And without the Librarian around to temper his rage…well these reclaimers might almost prefer the Flood.” at the very end the Didacts logo flashes on screen briefly.

Alright, from that alone we were hinted at the Prometheans being an extremely powerful adversary, and the Didact not being a dude we want to mess with when he’s not in the presence of the Librarian. The E3 campaign demo revealed Prometheans as enemies (not quite the Prometheans as described by Greg Bear), and the last glimpse at the end of the demo was the all too familiar logo for the Didact, which turned upside down. At the same time we heard a menacing voice stating, “I have long dreamt of this day Reclaimer.” 343 was pretty direct in telling us about these antagonists in the Maw Terminal.

Now onto the logo turning upside down. On NeoGaf, a user had the Didacts logo as his avatar, Frankie posted a response following the E3 reveal stating, “Time to rotate your avatar into its unbound state.” This actually correlates perfectly with the Maw terminal. The lack of Librarian means there is no one to temper the Didacts rage. He’s now off his leash, he’s unbound. This is bad news for everyone.

People wondered about the voice at the end of the E3 reveal, well BS Angel cleared that up pretty quickly in the latest bulletin stating, “I still got goose bumps upon the delivery of the final, foreboding line, made by an overpowering new adversary who will become Master Chief’s first true nemesis.” Alright, Didacts logo appears at the same time the line was delivered, put the 2 together. Also during the live action trailer, we see the Inifinity being scanned exactly like Chief was by the Giant orb while the Didacts logo appeared on screens onboard the Infinity. I seriously doubt 343 is trying to fool us all. Otherwise fans who don’t even follow the fiction outside the games will be in way over their heads as far as the story goes. Remember, the story needs to be understandable with or without reading and following outiside fiction.

Now some of you might be questioning the Didact as the enemy since he wasn’t exactly made to be one on Greg Bears Forerunner saga. Well let me tell you this, we have 1 book to go, and the books took place a 100,000 years ago. That leaves plenty of room for a character to change.

But what about the Precursors? Surely all this talk about hinting at things to come makes me look like I’m cherry picking info, but I’m not. This is a trilogy of games we are talking about, and the Terminals, Glasslands and Forerunner Saga are meant to build a foundation for this trilogy. 3 games, plenty can happen. So let’s lay a quick road map of possible things to come.

At the end of Primordium, Chakas monitor, (identified as Guilty Spark by the ONI team) states that he finally knows where to find the Librarian after 100,000 years of searching. He hijacks an ONI ship and starts his expedition. That was all the info we are left with, but let’s look at the big picture.

Didact without Librarian, not a good time. Hints of a Precursor return, really bad time. Chakas monitor knows where to find the Librarian, things are looking up. If Chakas does manage to find the Librarian and reunite her with the Didact, our conflict with the Didact and his army will most likely end. This is the perfect time to introduce the Precursors as the ultimate enemy in which Humanity, the Didact and his Prometheans, and possibly Covenant have to unite against this terrible threat. I don’t expect anything like this to happen in Halo 4, but remember, it’s a trilogy.

So I hope it’s quite clear that 343s hints have actually been significant as far as reveals go. Many people need to understand that we’ve got several years of story ahead of us, and just because things mentioned in the books haven’t appeared yet, does not rule them out. The Didact and Librarian are most likely going to play pivitol roles in the Reclaimer trilogy, as well as the Precursors. And we always have to remember that the games have to make sense to those who don’t follow outside fiction. 343 can’t introduce too much at once or they risk creating an utterly overwhelming story. So now we can use the E3 reveal as a sort of goal post as far as locating hints that have played out significantly already.

Hopefully you enjoyed the read and please feel free to criticize and add you’re own thoughts and opinions to the discussion. Thanks

TL/DR Sorry, Story elements like this need detail, read it all and absorb the knowledge.

Could you please give us a sentence of what this all adds up to please?

> Could you please give us a sentence of what this all adds up to please?

Ya, let me get my Sparknotes generator…

enjoyed it My only issue is that I do not understand why the didact would be so aggressive against humans Seeing as the original Didact Did dislike them but at least respected him And the new didact(bornsteller fused with the didact) liked humans so IDK understand why he would be a bad guy

> > Could you please give us a sentence of what this all adds up to please?
>
> Ya, let me get my Sparknotes generator…

if your going to have an argument, you should atleast have a conclusion so people don’t have to read the wall of china and read you last sentence

> enjoyed it My only issue is that I do not understand why the didact would be so aggressive against humans Seeing as the original Didact Did dislike them but at least respected him And the new didact(bornsteller fused with the didact) liked humans so IDK understand why he would be a bad guy

There’s definitely a lot in the air I right now. But what if Bornstellar’s mutation consumed him, and he lost the ability to overcome old hatred?

> > > Could you please give us a sentence of what this all adds up to please?
> >
> > Ya, let me get my Sparknotes generator…
>
> if your going to have an argument, you should atleast have a conclusion so people don’t have to read the wall of china and read you last sentence

It’s not a wall, it’s an easy read. Skipping to the end of it all only to read a short summary makes my effort wasted. So no, you’re not getting a summary.

Good read i agree

Very interesting, I kind of assumed the Didact, wonder if we will get a boss battle!

OK…forgive my ignorance but Prometheans≠Forerunners? the double names are killing me here

Where are the ending statement?

> OK…forgive my ignorance but Prometheans≠Forerunners? the double names are killing me here

Forerunners are the species, prometheans are kind of ultimate sentinels. Don’t take my word though,I really need to read Cryptum again.

Okay I’m one of those people not versed in anything outside the games…could someone point me to a list or something of everything canon past to present in Halo lore?

> > OK…forgive my ignorance but Prometheans≠Forerunners? the double names are killing me here
>
> Forerunners are the species, prometheans are kind of ultimate sentinels. Don’t take my word though,I really need to read Cryptum again.

OK…then I can see this happening and then everyone rallying against the precursors.

> Okay I’m one of those people not versed in anything outside the games…could someone point me to a list or something of everything canon past to present in Halo lore?

As far as getting up to speed with Halo 4. Read Halo Crytum and Primordium by Greg Bear. They delve very deep into the story of the forerunners. Glasslands by Karen Travis covers post Halo 3 events. As far as understanding what I’m discussing, I would most definitely read Greg Bears novels first. They are much more eye opening in terms of universe reveals.

Virtually the entirety of two full books tells us the didact is cool with humans. Not to mention the fact that the forerunners gave humans access to all their technology and specified us specifically to reclaim their technology. Everything about that says “we’re cool with humans”.

Everything we know about the didact is completely contradictory to what spark says at the end of the terminal, and what Halo 4 seems to be hinting. So either 343 has a good explanation for this, or all their talk of “continuity and having resonant connections between books and games” was complete BS.

> Virtually the entirety of two full books tells us the didact is cool with humans. Not to mention the fact that the forerunners gave humans access to all their technology and specified us specifically to reclaim their technology. Everything about that says “we’re cool with humans”.
>
> Everything we know about the didact is completely contradictory to what spark says at the end of the terminal, and what Halo 4 seems to be hinting. So either 343 has a good explanation for this, or all their talk of “continuity and having resonant connections between books and games” was complete BS.

spark is not exactly sane

he might be just assuming

too long/too lazy to read.

either way, if it’s the Didact, which I highly doubt because: PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THE SYMBOLS LOOK DIFFERENT IF IT’S THE SAME PERSON!

> > Virtually the entirety of two full books tells us the didact is cool with humans. Not to mention the fact that the forerunners gave humans access to all their technology and specified us specifically to reclaim their technology. Everything about that says “we’re cool with humans”.
> >
> > Everything we know about the didact is completely contradictory to what spark says at the end of the terminal, and what Halo 4 seems to be hinting. So either 343 has a good explanation for this, or all their talk of “continuity and having resonant connections between books and games” was complete BS.
>
> spark is not exactly sane
>
>
> he might be just assuming

But we have to remember, they’re building fiction, not trying confuse the living hell out of us. Like I said, that last book in the Forerunner Saga is probably going to drop megatons, and a 100,000 years time needs to play a part.