343 want to penalise us?! Are you kidding me?

I have been mostly quiet on this whole issue since Day 1. Yeah the game is tripe, we all know it. . .yada yada yada.

I’ve sat waiting for games for 30 minutes at a time. I’ve put up with unplayable lag when i do get a game. . .hell, I’ve even resorted to the campaign, which I absolutely hate.

All the way through the process I’ve been annoyed, upset and a bit angry. . .but understanding at the same time. Tough break for 343. Whatever.

But after waiting at a hung, “Building Teams…” screen tonight in the lobby for 7 minutes after a lag-riddled loss by 25, when I pressed B to back out and try searching again, I got the “You will be penalised for this if you continue.” (Or something like it).

This was like a cold, hard slap in the face.

What is this penalty? A penalty for not wanting to sit staring at hung netcode?

343, you need to remove this ASAP - and probably fire the absolute muppet who thought it was a good idea - if you’re going to start penalising the community for not wanting to wait around for your bodgy netcode to pick itself up off the floor and remember what the hell it was trying to do again, you’re going to lose more than just face. You’re going to lose us. . .your players. . .your loyal fans, our ongoing respect and our future business.

How you choose to interact with the Halo community in the face of such a humiliating failure like this will undoubtedly decide whether you have any community left at all when (if) you finally get MCC working.

So, 343. Mihgt I suggest you just work hard, be humble, fix the bugs. . .and don’t dare penalise any of us for a situation that should never have come to pass in the first place.

Two sayings spring to mind that sum up this situation perfectly. . . “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you” and “How do you break a man that has lost everything? Give him back something broken.”

Was it ranked? If so, ranks don’t even matter because their is a bug that resets the ranks randomly. So I wouldn’t even worry about it.

That penalty is set for people that abandon their teams in ranked games, it has nothing to do with you getting frustrated at a game that is not working yet. The penalty for leaving ranked games is usually counted as a loss to deter you from just up and quitting in the middle or as a game starts. Right now it doesn’t make much sense when you get stuck in a post game report or somehow magically get switched into a different playlist, but in properly functioning Halo matchmaking it is necessary.

This game freezes up way too often to issue penalties towards players at the moment.

> 2533274819771299;1:
> I have been mostly quiet on this whole issue since Day 1. Yeah the game is tripe, we all know it. . .yada yada yada.
>
> I’ve sat waiting for games for 30 minutes at a time. I’ve put up with unplayable lag when i do get a game. . .hell, I’ve even resorted to the campaign, which I absolutely hate.
>
> All the way through the process I’ve been annoyed, upset and a bit angry. . .but understanding at the same time. Tough break for 343. Whatever.
>
> But after waiting at a hung, “Building Teams…” screen tonight in the lobby for 7 minutes after a lag-riddled loss by 25, when I pressed B to back out and try searching again, I got the “You will be penalised for this if you continue.” (Or something like it).
>
> This was like a cold, hard slap in the face.
>
> What is this penalty? A penalty for not wanting to sit staring at hung netcode?
>
> 343, you need to remove this ASAP - and probably fire the absolute muppet who thought it was a good idea - if you’re going to start penalising the community for not wanting to wait around for your bodgy netcode to pick itself up off the floor and remember what the hell it was trying to do again, you’re going to lose more than just face. You’re going to lose us. . .your players. . .your loyal fans, our ongoing respect and our future business.
>
> How you choose to interact with the Halo community in the face of such a humiliating failure like this will undoubtedly decide whether you have any community left at all when (if) you finally get MCC working.
>
> So, 343. Mihgt I suggest you just work hard, be humble, fix the bugs. . .and don’t dare penalise any of us for a situation that should never have come to pass in the first place.
>
> Two sayings spring to mind that sum up this situation perfectly. . . “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you” and “How do you break a man that has lost everything? Give him back something broken.”

> 2710872097131076;4:
> This game freezes up way too often to issue penalties towards players at the moment.

Besides the game freezing up, these penalties are not new to the halo games at all. So I don’t see why the anger and frustration. In the days of Halo 2 and my 4 Xbox Live Accounts (1 Main 3 to help friends level) it was standard practice (for most with multiple accounts) to go into a game and suicide 1 time and quit, it was faster to de-rank back to 1 faster, Hence why if you quit during a creating teams screen you would receive that penalty.

I do however agree that they can disable the penalties until the matchmaking and the random rank resets are fixed. So since you know the game is in a terrible state why do you even care about being penalized for quitting when you have a equal chance that next time you have to force quit MCC from the dashboard you might return as a rank 1? I have had my rank reset 7 times already so a penalty lol please that is not as bad as getting to level 6 and then next game your a 1 again. So I wouldn’t worry to much about anything accept just playing the game and like others have said, wait for the global rank reset before really worrying about the penalties.

I can’t believe the penalty is working without any bugs! /s