343 VS

343 Really seems bent on pushing this call of duty esk’ modes on us. They are being extremely dogey about the ranking system, classic slayer, (not slayer pro) and other info. Just read they took out assault… bleh. Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to this game and it looks great but 343 is being overly stern in wanting us to try this new flavor of halo. They aren’t really “listening to the fans.”

Its like your parents thinking and telling you what’s best for you when you’re twenty and already moved out.

I’m open for change but I still want the option of vanilla halo and I want to hear something about the ranks. Personal Motivation and bragging rights are always fun.
Anyway don’t hate, I’ll play the game regardless, just hear me out.

-Fletcher

there is no ranks, all the hints towards ranks is pointing at true skill and not a visual representation that people want…

> there is no ranks, all the hints towards ranks is pointing at true skill and not a visual representation that people want…

Which is lame, but not game-breaking or purchase ending.

The funny thing about this scenario is that, I’m having to hear this from you as, other people are telling each other this. 343 really should have had that in their recent multiplayer vidoc. First I’ve heard. That’s a real -Yoink- escape from the situation if you ask me.

Hi, Billy Mays here.

Oh wait… That’s right this isn’t meant to be an infomercial. This is a Game, but not just any game, its a group of peoples artistic and technical endeavour. It is their choice what they reveal and how they want us to experience their ART work. It’s up to us, after the fact, to decide whether we like it or not.

And even though I agree to an extent that Halo 4 is “more call of duty like”, you then have to ask, where did CoD get its play style from? Further and further back you go till you’re playing Doom and Wolfenstein 3D (Or my personal favourite Chex Quest).

Games in todays world aren’t going to be revolutionary, and Highly improbable that it will be Innovative either, what games are, are different wrappers and flavours to a candy that many of us enjoy. It just depends on which flavour is your favourite (Or which flavour has less bugs embedded in them).

if 343 let the fans decide everything on everything that goes into the game it would be unbalanced assault i found was pretty much like 1 flag CTF (although i will miss the awesome explosion). You can’t make everyone satisfied with a game these day’s having a lot of vanilla playlists wouldn’t make it a new halo the AA’s have been tuned down from reach i don’t believe its in any way ‘call of duty’ as most of the elements from CoD won’t change how halo feels

Call of Duty took a lot of things from Halo. You aren’t telling me anything I don’t know people. Kind of missing the point of this topic.

They listened to us. I believe for the most part they did. They are there own artists,they shouldn’t have to sacrifice new ideas and their creativity to satisfy some of us who are harder to please. They want to make the game successful so I trust what they chose correctly on what to do with halo 4 even if I don’t like a thing here or there but truthfully everything I’ve seen looks amazing. Even the feel of the developers is there. I’ll be very very satisfied with this game. For years to come.

Edit: Sorry 343i if I sound like I’m speaking for you guys. Just trying to understand choices.

> Its like your parents thinking and telling you what’s best for you when you’re twenty and already moved out.

:slight_smile:

Actually, I don’t mind playing a different style of halo, it’s not that bad. Plus, the weapon skins look AWESOME. I’m pretty sure Halo 4 will still be good.