343: Voting should be in playlists

Dear 343i,

I like to make my voice heard in that I believe voting for maps/gametypes in arena rounds should be resurrected. In my personal opinion it makes no sense to have no voting before each round in arena/warzone. Why should we be forced to play certain maps? Shouldn’t we be able to choose for ourselves what maps and gametypes we play on? I am very appreciative of all the work you guys have put into this franchise, but I firmly believe that to make it even better, voting should be reintroduced in Halo 5, so that each player may have a voice in decided what map to play for each individual game. Thank you.

-Psycho Donkey

No, that’s what ruined MCC, Reach, and 4 for a lot of people. It was always the same maps over and over again with the same gametypes.

> 2533274883849234;2:
> No, that’s what ruined MCC, Reach, and 4 for a lot of people. It was always the same maps over and over again with the same gametypes.

Dumb logic. Map voting has been there since the start. It should be added.

> 2533274883849234;2:
> No, that’s what ruined MCC, Reach, and 4 for a lot of people. It was always the same maps over and over again with the same gametypes.

Agreed. I am always reluctant to hop into Matchmaking because of that. If I have to play on Haven, Warlord, The Pit, or Ascension again I’m gonna flip a poop.

> 2533274817480932;3:
> > 2533274883849234;2:
> > No, that’s what ruined MCC, Reach, and 4 for a lot of people. It was always the same maps over and over again with the same gametypes.
>
>
> Dumb logic. Map voting has been there since the start. It should be added.

And every game that has had voting has had the problem of the same 2 or 3 maps being played over and over. So it’s really not dumb logic. At all. I would be okay with the veto system, as that’s a nice compromise.

ALL they have to do is fix whatever system they have now and make the maps rotation actually random so that it goes through every map. If we had a voting system, we would have the same problem where they would only have the same 2/3 maps available at the voting screen, and in some cases, two of the same maps on the same voting screen out of three. So we would all, again, end up playing on Exile, Ragnarok, Reflection, Shatter, The Pit, etc… over and over and over again. Mean while, there are maps that you never get to see/play on because they are either never voted for or never placed in the voting sequence at all.

Playing on the same maps over and over again, no matter how good they are, for me, gets boring really fast.

> 2533274798798628;4:
> > 2533274883849234;2:
> > No, that’s what ruined MCC, Reach, and 4 for a lot of people. It was always the same maps over and over again with the same gametypes.
>
>
> Agreed. I am always reluctant to hop into Matchmaking because of that. If I have to play on Haven, Warlord, The Pit, or Ascension again I’m gonna flip a poop.

That is one of the reasons I stopped playing games in the past. Playing the same maps over and over and over again. Especially if you bought the DLC. Makes no since for a game to have 20 maps and you only get to see and play about 5 of them.

I loved that in reach tbh

Nah I like the current system, I hate map voting because goods maps sometimes never get played just because a favourite appears it’s frustrating I would rather occasionally play on a bad map than have to play the same one 10 plus times in a row.

Removing the voting is one thing I can praise 343 for with Halo 5.

> 2533274798798628;5:
> > 2533274817480932;3:
> > > 2533274883849234;2:
> > > No, that’s what ruined MCC, Reach, and 4 for a lot of people. It was always the same maps over and over again with the same gametypes.
> >
> >
> > Dumb logic. Map voting has been there since the start. It should be added.
>
>
> And every game that has had voting has had the problem of the same 2 or 3 maps being played over and over. So it’s really not dumb logic. At all. I would be okay with the veto system, as that’s a nice compromise.

Even the veto system was flawed because it was similar to that of the voting system, if no one wanted/liked the current map it randomized another regardless. Though it’s not that bad I think a fixed rotation would fix this issue and not a veto or voting system.

> 2533274817480932;3:
> > 2533274883849234;2:
>
>
> Dumb logic. Map voting has been there since the start. It should be added.

Doesn’t matter if it was there from start, it was a problem mainly in halo 4 and reach. Halo 3 had problems too since everyone veto certain maps.

> 2533274832183516;11:
> > 2533274798798628;5:
> > > 2533274817480932;3:
> > > > 2533274883849234;2:
> > > > No, that’s what ruined MCC, Reach, and 4 for a lot of people. It was always the same maps over and over again with the same gametypes.
> > >
> > >
> > > Dumb logic. Map voting has been there since the start. It should be added.
> >
> >
> > And every game that has had voting has had the problem of the same 2 or 3 maps being played over and over. So it’s really not dumb logic. At all. I would be okay with the veto system, as that’s a nice compromise.
>
>
> Even the veto system was flawed because it was similar to that of the voting system, if no one wanted/liked the current map it randomized another regardless. Though it’s not that bad I think a fixed rotation would fix this issue and not a veto or voting system.

How does ‘fixed rotation’ work when you get matched up with a team at a different point in the rotation?

Random chucking out the same game 3 times doesn’t bother me, that’s what random is. Flip a coin over and over and it won’t be HTHTHTHTHT.

I do have an issue with getting matched up with the same teams immediately. Got battered 3 times BACK TO BACK by the same team yesterday, not quite sure how the match making system thought we were a good match for each other.

> 2533274883849234;2:

personally I think map randomization is fine in 5, but I disagree about gametypes. if I want to play SWAT I dont want to be given only one weapon. It’s ridiculous that the only options are you either get a BR or a Magnum and its random. What happened to choice in the playlist? I dont want just magnums and I dont want just BRs, what happened to being able to switch between three weapons and why am I forced to play with ones that I dont want/like for certain maps.

If people don’t like a certain gametype in a playlist we shouldn’t be forced to play it. there should be options under each playlist for what gametype people want to play, or at least have a vote on the gametype before the match starts but after a map is randomly selected. random maps are fine, just not random gametypes imo

Not enough maps in the game. No voting needed.