343 tune down the assault rifle

Is it me or is the assault rifle much more stronger than it was in halo 3 and halo reach? It gets your shields down in less than 2 seconds from mid range and I notice everyone is using it… What’s the point of playing this game if all you can do is spray and pray?

And it gives the players that are not skilled like with precision Wepons a advantage they should not have…

It has a dominant range of about 6 feet. If you allow an AR user within that range unharmed, you deserve a death.

I hate the gun, rage on it, and would never use it, but it IS in fact well-balanced. Each loadout gun should have a certain range/situation in which it dominates. Something the BR sadly does not have.

It’s dominate in small maps.

If the AR was nerfed, then the DMR and BR would be more OP than ever before.

are you also surprised that the shotgun works well on tight/close-quartered matches…

And “skill” with precision weapons? Like the DMR needs skill to use…

What I say in all anti-AR threads: would you rather have another Reach AR? You know, one that is completely useless and can be beaten by nearly every other weapon?

The AR is supposed to be powerful in CQC, and the BR in mid-range. I pity you if you call for a nerf on it.

(this is coming from a BR/DMR guy who accepts the AR)

I love the AR in this game. It actually works. I think it deserves to stay the same.

> are you also surprised that the shotgun works well on tight/close-quartered matches…

shotgun is a powerwepon…

AR is a starter.

They AR should be like it was in all the halo BAD.

> They AR should be like it was in all the halo BAD.

LOL
Ever use the CE AR?

> If the AR was nerfed, then the DMR and BR would be more OP than ever before.

that’s the point… The AR has been the noob Wepon in all the halos and now it’s like the best Wepon to use.

> > They AR should be like it was in all the halo BAD.
>
> LOL
> Ever use the CE AR?

Yah and that’s why they had Halo 2 and 3 to fix it.

> > If the AR was nerfed, then the DMR and BR would be more OP than ever before.
>
> that’s the point… The AR has been the noob Wepon in all the halos and now it’s like the best Wepon to use.

The precision weapons have much faster kill times at all ranges beyond like 6 feet.

If you had better aim/general skill, this wouldn’t be an issue.

/thread

> > are you also surprised that the shotgun works well on tight/close-quartered matches…
>
> shotgun is a powerwepon…
>
> AR is a starter.
>
> <mark>They AR should be like it was in all the halo BAD</mark>.

Facepalm -_-
You have got to be kidding me. The AR is finally a useful CQC weapon, and you say that it should be terrible?! WHAT?!?!!?!?

Yes, they are stronger.

No, they are find the way they are. They have been nerfed since Halo 3, for once they are viable with in their niche.

Play to your strengths, keep your distance (or do your best to). If you die to an AR at close range, well that’s just fair. Your fault as your lack of awareness, aim, and movement ended in your death.

Unlike Reach with it’s piss poor damage or Halo 3’s nerfed range. I prefer longer ranged weapons, so praising the automatics strength is a good thing IMO. They would have to because they are loadout weapons, no point to using them if the couldn’t kill fast.

It’s -Yoinking!- okay for us to spawn with a shotgun (Boltshot) and say it’s fine/competitive/balanced w/reload glitch but once the automatics become stronger, OH NOEZ NERF THEM 343!

> > > are you also surprised that the shotgun works well on tight/close-quartered matches…
> >
> > shotgun is a powerwepon…
> >
> > AR is a starter.
> >
> > <mark>They AR should be like it was in all the halo BAD</mark>.
>
> Facepalm -_-
> You have got to be kidding me. The AR is finally a useful CQC weapon, and you say that it should be terrible?! WHAT?!?!!?!?

I mean come on what’s so fun about spraying and praying? If you like that stuff COD is for you.

> > If the AR was nerfed, then the DMR and BR would be more OP than ever before.
>
> that’s the point… The AR has been the noob Wepon in all the halos and now it’s like the best Wepon to use.

But it isn’t the best weapon to use if you keep distance.

Just don’t get to close if you have a rifle and yes if you get close, whip out an AR.

I recommend Firepower for you.

> > > > are you also surprised that the shotgun works well on tight/close-quartered matches…
> > >
> > > shotgun is a powerwepon…
> > >
> > > AR is a starter.
> > >
> > > <mark>They AR should be like it was in all the halo BAD</mark>.
> >
> > Facepalm -_-
> > You have got to be kidding me. The AR is finally a useful CQC weapon, and you say that it should be terrible?! WHAT?!?!!?!?
>
> I mean come on what’s so fun about spraying and praying? If you like that stuff COD is for you.

So what? The DMR in this game auto targets people anyways and it has a really fast rate of fire. Is that not a noob weapon?

I’m an AR user and i manage to do ok score wise in most matches…but i gotta say, i really struggle against anyone using a DMR or even a BR during most encounters. I applaud 343 for beefing the gun up a bit…as it IS an ASSAULT RIFLE and SHOULD perform better than a strong full auto BB gun…We’re talking about the 7.62mm FMJ round here. I agree with Xx R37h1nk. If you get close enough for me to dominate you with it, you deserved death.

> And “skill” with precision weapons? Like the DMR needs skill to use…

it takes more skill then an AR